Videogames: Who Are You Buying This For?

Jace, Extat

So Jace The Mace finally confronted Alduin at the Throat of the World, but I can't seem to kill him. I dragonrended his ass to the ground and beat him to a pulp, but he's still got a sliver of health remaining and it won't go away. I've been at it almost an hour, and the rest of the interwebz can't help. Any ideas?

You don't kill him at the Throat of the World. You have to find him in the Nord heaven place, the name of which escapes me. As for what you're meant to with him right now, I don't remember, sorry. :dunno:

ETA: According to the wiki, he's meant to fly off before you can kill him.

So Jace The Mace finally confronted Alduin at the Throat of the World, but I can't seem to kill him. I dragonrended his ass to the ground and beat him to a pulp, but he's still got a sliver of health remaining and it won't go away. I've been at it almost an hour, and the rest of the interwebz can't help. Any ideas?

I believe that's a bug, this guy seemed to offer a fix: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:428520

I loaded an autosave which happened right before the fight actually begins, while Alduin is flying up to me, I bring up the map and fast travel somewhere, I don't think it matters where. I Ftraveled to High H then I Ftraveled back to the Throat of the World. When I arrived I waited for Alduin to finish speaking and I waited for Parthanaax to finish as well. Then I started the battle by equiping dragonrend and the rest was normal. He wasn't invincible anymore!

Note to self, don't make your skills legendary on Skyrim. The long haul begins before I can finally shoot a bow straight enough too do some more main quests.

I've been thinking about getting Rust. When it says ''Early Access'', does that mean I'm getting access to the final version of the game? Or just a version before the finished product comes out? I quite liked Minecraft, although I can see myself raging a lot if I'm forced to play online with arseholes.

Sort of. What you get now is whatever they have done, and then updates as they ship. You will also have a copy of the completed version if/when it's done. It's a combination of a preorder and a paid beta, basically, usually at a bit of a discount since it's not done yet. Be really careful about Early Access shit.

Note to self, don't make your skills legendary on Skyrim. The long haul begins before I can finally shoot a bow straight enough too do some more main quests.

Speech and the crafting skills can be made legendary several times over without too much hassle, as they pay for themselves and complement each other as the level back up (well, smithing and alchemy, anyway, I find grinding enchantment back up to still be a bit tedious)

Illusion's pretty easy to build back up, too. Just fire off Harmony or Pacify in the Riften town square at high noon when everyone's out shopping (or in Mjoll's case, kvetching to her pet niceguy about running into the thieves' guild again) and watch the levels roll in.

But yeah, any skill dealing with damage out put? That's a big bag of NOPE, learned that one the hard way too.

enemy front is another ww2 game but there hasn't been one of those in a while(barring alternate history games like wolfenstein). Comes out next month, might check it out.

I think I'd far rather play this game if you played the Polish resistance guys who he's with rather than the hero being the yank journo.

Yep, that's the one. Any news on that front?

As mentioned above, CDPR are cramming to get Witcher 3 done for next March, and as the various departments complete their work they are transitioning over to Cyberpunk 2077 (although there's also some signs that CDPR are working on early development for a new title as well). A lot of work's been done for it already and there was some talk of it coming out in late 2015. With Witcher 3 slipping, I think early-to-mid 2016 is a realistic release date for Cyberpunk.

So, has anyone picked up the new Wolfenstein or Watch Dogs? Thoughts?

Wolfenstein: Great shooter and sequel to Wolfenstein. Really fun, decent writing (right?) an great plot (for a FPS), some excellent memorable moments, and a whole lot of Nazi-shooting. And stabbing. And exploding. Its basically the single-player FPS campaign done right. I like how it seamlessly switches from sneaking around stabbing people to just opening up with akimbo assault rifles/shotguns/grenade launchers/whatever and back again without too much of a problem. Its a decent stealth game, actually, and they let you play it like one for large portions of the game if you want. But they also let you play it like a conventional cover-shooter (with a pretty nice lean mechanic that gets incredibly intuitive fast) or the aforementioned akimbo weaponry.

It took me ~15 hours for my first playthrough on the second-hardest difficulty setting. I fully intend to go back and do another playthrough on the other "timeline" soon. I just don't want to binge on the game.

Early access for Wildstar eeeeeeeeehh!! So far, awesome and loving it. Every MMO should have double-jump, is all I have to say about that.

EDIT: Anyone looking for a guild can give me a holler on Ascendancy EU PvE.

Wolfenstein: Great shooter and sequel to Wolfenstein. Really fun, decent writing (right?) an great plot (for a FPS), some excellent memorable moments, and a whole lot of Nazi-shooting. And stabbing. And exploding. Its basically the single-player FPS campaign done right. I like how it seamlessly switches from sneaking around stabbing people to just opening up with akimbo assault rifles/shotguns/grenade launchers/whatever and back again without too much of a problem. Its a decent stealth game, actually, and they let you play it like one for large portions of the game if you want. But they also let you play it like a conventional cover-shooter (with a pretty nice lean mechanic that gets incredibly intuitive fast) or the aforementioned akimbo weaponry.

It took me ~15 hours for my first playthrough on the second-hardest difficulty setting. I fully intend to go back and do another playthrough on the other "timeline" soon. I just don't want to binge on the game.

Thanks. It sounds good. Game had been completely off my radar, but then it came out and got pretty solid professional reviews; made me start thinking about it.

Early access for Wildstar eeeeeeeeehh!! So far, awesome and loving it. Every MMO should have double-jump, is all I have to say about that.

EDIT: Anyone looking for a guild can give me a holler on Ascendancy EU PvE.

A couple friends of mine played the beta and are on one of the NA PvP servers now; they're trying to convince the rest of us to play. It does look pretty fun, but its one of the things I'd need a new PC for; and, as previously discussed in this thread, I'm still debating that issue.

My main concern about Wildstar is if I'll still have fun with it a couple months down the line, which is pretty key considering its the only thing I'd really need a new PC for until the new Civilization comes out.

Did mass effect have first person? I can't remember. I prefer thirdies

Idk, im not expert in shooters anyway

Only when sniping. Although since I usually played as an Inflitrator, that meant most of the time.

ETA: Turns out I might be buying Wolfenstein or something else sooner than I thought. I just loaded up Dynasty Warriors 8, which has been my go-to game recently, and my save game file is gone. Not corrupted like the issue I had with Fallout New Vegas in the past, just completely disappeared from my 360. Nothing else has disappeared, and I know I didn't accidentally turn off the game when it was saving or something; I'm really paranoid about stuff like that. I'd done a lot in that game too; so I'm super annoyed and not in the mood to unlock it all again. I beat Shu's historical and hypothetical story paths, so that's enough to put it on my "completed game" shelf and put it out of mind. Damn.

Archived