Videogames: Who Are You Buying This For?

Jace, Extat

Warriors Orochi 3 continues to become cooler and cooler.

Then later

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden and Joan of Arc

and were playable. Very awesome. I'm sure some of the other characters are from elsewhere as well, but I'm not 100% sure where.

A little later

Ayane, also from

Ninja Gaiden :love:

shows up. Her, Wang Yuanji and Xiahou Ba were my main team throughout most of the game.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is going to add more guest stars: Kasumi, Rachel and Momiji from Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive. Sophitia from Soul Calibur. And Sterk fromt the Aletier games.

I'm still undecided if I want to pick it up. I'm waiting to find some definitive answer on how much content they've added, outside of the new characters.

Oh yeah. I loved the remake. I thought fighters died, but this game and more specifically Street Fighter 4, renewed my interest in them.

I hated SF4's art style. It's the reason I don't want them to go ahead with a new Darkstalkers; because they'll probably make it look like that.

Papers, Please. That game is sooo much fun, lol. My friend hates it because it reminds him of his job, but I think it's really cool. So many different endings and just fair warning - you'll probably lose quickly first time around. The first time I got caught for embezzlement really fast and practically my whole family died - second time around most of my family lived and I even got the "happy ending." Good stuff.

One of my favourite games ever. It's so difficult and frustrating at points, yet weirdly addictive and darkly hilarious.

Anyone else try The Forest? It's number one on steam right now. Still in alpha. I sorta hate the early release trend but this one I had to try. It seems heavily inspired by Lost, which I loved until it started actually answering the mysteries it presented.

I've only played it once so far and won't spoil anything, but I did not last long.

...well I just 'bought' it off my phone, and now I see it's a 40GB download. I have a 40GB ps3. :(

And you're going to need close to double that to download it. Even with a 120GB I'd still have to clean out at least half of what I've got currently installed.

It's been free on PS+ for a while so I already got it. I actually bought it, but my system refused to play the disc.

So is this going to be like when Flow was free a week, and after it stopped being free you'd lose it if you uninstall?

Well I sold/lent most of my disc games, but I did have UC3 once upon a time. I just wanted to give it another go after having finished Tomb Raider (which was awesome).

I think I'll just swap out the HDD for a big one, just to be on the safe side.

Did that really happen for Flow? I thought once you make a 'purchase', that PS store bag icon shows up next to the game, indicating that it's yours for good.

Flow never got marked a purchased. I'm pretty sure they said as much when it was offered too. It was an alright game, but I'm not crying over losing it.

But UC3 is pretty old now, so I doubt they're expecting any significant amount of sales on it. Hasn't the multiplayer been free for a while now?

My article for Gollancz on the joys of docking your starship in the original Elite.

Docking in the new Elite is fortunately

(and prettier).

Never played Elite, but manually landing on a planet in Frontier:Elite 2 could be lengthy and tricky. Unless turning into a ball of fire and debris counts as landing.

Speaking of free games, Sniper Elite v2 is free on Steam now: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/4/5779356/sniper-elite-v2-free-steam

This is the first time I've seen a free game on Steam, I think. Looks like they're doing this to hawk their new game (v3). I heard Sniper Elite is mediocre, but free is free, so I added it to my account.

Damn... Sony took it down before I got home. No Uncharted for me.

Me too, I thought there was something wrong with my account. I did have to download a patch to the Playstation store. Maybe that was it.

Just started playing Murdered: Soul Suspect, not too impressed so far.

First thing's first, it's a pretty shitty PC port. The good: robust graphics options, seems fairly well optimized as I can max it and get around 80fps on a fairly old machine (i5-2500, GTX570) and it looks pretty decent. The bad: menus (aside from the main menu) designed for a controller and mouse support was not added. This leads to annoying things like having to use the 1 and 3 keys to move between tabs on the menu and Q and E to move between the sub-tabs. Right click closes menus, escape only pauses the game which is really annoying because I keep pausing by accident. Keys are not, at all, rebindable. Vsync locks the framerate to 30 so you have to keep it off which means some good old fashioned screen tearing. What the fuck man? I'm hearing a lot of people are experiencing crashing as well but luckily I haven't had it crash yet. This is really disappointing when you look at how excellent Squeenix's last few PC ports have been. Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and Thief all had fantastic ports.

Gameplay wise it's like a Quantic Dream game/L.A. Noire kind of thing. More L.A. Noire really. You walk around crime scenes picking up clues, possessing people to learn things (you're a ghost in case anyone didn't know that) and have to answer a question like "What was the suspect looking for?" by picking the two most relevant clues, and you're then given a flashback of what happened at that crime scene. You also have to sneak around red dementors who want to give you the kiss and execute them from behind QTE style. Very, very basic stuff. I dunno if it gets more complex later or if the "puzzles" (questions you have to answer) get harder but I sure as hell hope so or this is gonna get real dull real fast.

Story wise you're a recently deceased detective, now a ghost detective, trying to track down your killer who is also, probably, a serial killer who has been running rampant in modern say Salem, Massachusetts. I'm a sucker for all things Salem, it's the horror junkie in me, and the supernatural murder mystery premise is what drew me in. I haven't experienced much of the story yet but I have heard it's by far the strongest point of the game and that the last two hours or so are especially good. So I'll continue on to see if the story hooks me despite the boring ass game play.

Don't spend $50 on it is the general idea I'm trying to get across here.

Just started playing Murdered: Soul Suspect, not too impressed so far.

<snip>

Don't spend $50 on it is the general idea I'm trying to get across here.

I'm going to have to play it, just to see if there are any recognizable landmarks. But it looked like a Quantic Dream type of game, so, a rental. Thanks for confirming. Now if only I could find a local Redbox will that carries PS4 games.

I now have all 14 (fourteen!) playable characters after getting Gogo from the belly of some sort of sandworm thing.

I think now I'm going to go get all of the espers I don't have.

Then make sure to revive General Leo.

Archived