Theories that are just ridiculous.

Drogon will roast Daenerys. There's no textual evidence to support this one, just wishful thinking from dragon rider theorists who want to Tyrion to be a secret Targaryen who ends up riding Drogon.

i always heard it will be jon who kills danny and takes drogon and there is a theory for that how Lyanna is one moon and Danny is one moon combined nissa nissa but i never heard this one ...

Pretty much all the theories that person Y is in fact person X, when there really is NO evidence. I mean Alleras - Sallera is a good theory because there is a lot of evidence. Coldhands = Benjen is a decent theory, for the same reason.

Pretty much all other theories are total batshit crazy.

Varys/ Daario/ Benjen/ Mance/ Rhaegar/ Euron/ Howland ARE JUST WHO THEY ARE. They are not also secretly someone else. And guess what? that still makes it possible for them to have the same color hair as someone else or have approximately the same age!

Pretty much all the theories that person Y is in fact person X, when there really is NO evidence. I mean Alleras - Sallera is a good theory because there is a lot of evidence. Coldhands = Benjen is a decent theory, for the same reason.

Pretty much all other theories are total batshit crazy.

Varys/ Daario/ Benjen/ Mance/ Rhaegar/ Euron/ Howland ARE JUST WHO THEY ARE. They are not also secretly someone else. And guess what? that still makes it possible for them to have the same color hair as someone else or have approximately the same age!

The only "this guy is that guy" theories that I've seen that are somewhat plausible are

Alleras-Sarella, as you said

Sandor-Gravedigger

Gregor-Robert Strong

Meh, I'll throw in Lem-Richard Lonmouth. Most of the rest are just stupid.

Pycelle has moral boundaries

Pycelle does have moral boundaries. As one example off the top of my head, he shows a revulsion for Qyburn and his dabbling in necromancy. Someone can be a bad person and still have moral boundaries.

My personal favorite is "sweet = bad" but only when it applies to Daenerys. The defensive mechanisms that inflict Daenerys detractors are by turns fascinating, annoying and even entertaining; sometimes all three.

:agree: you can't believe the arguments I've had with people over this one. It's just one face palm after another.

i always heard it will be jon who kills danny and takes drogon and there is a theory for that how Lyanna is one moon and Danny is one moon combined nissa nissa but i never heard this one ...

The theory is that Jon will wargs Drogon aw way from Dany or that Dany will die at the beginning of ADOS and Jon will get Drogon. Both of which I find ridiculous.

^liked

A number of people seriously argue that Dany is the cloth dragon who will slay her own lie. That and a lot of the heresy stuff have had me mentally face-palming.

How is she suppose to slay her own lie - "Guess what everybody? I'm not who you think I am. So I'm dallying that lie, right here, right now". Insert head shake emoticon.

Has someone a theory about Patchface's songs? I find it just ridiculous that he sings such bullshit, that there must be something behind it...

I think he has some prophetic visions. He sang of the Red Wedding, and one of his rantings possibly hinted towards the Manderlys and maybe Aurane Waters joining Stannis.

In no particular order:

1. Ned is alive, ALIVE I tell you!!! WHA???? I have to sit down for this. The version I read stated that Ned had probably warged into a stray cat that was there at the beheading.

2. Ned is dead, DEAD I tell you!!! WHA???? I have to sit down for this. The version I read stated that Ned had his head cut off, so he became immediately eligible for the deader than dead category.

3. Ashara Dayne being the fall-girl for the home version game of 'Who Is Your Mother?' as she is accused of sexual activity with every dude in Westeros, and being fecund in the extreme. Thus, in the parenthood theories, she slept with everyone (probably including Hodor), got immediately pregnant with a boy, a girl, twins, multiples, or for all I know a baby goat. She then kept it, tossed it out the window, gave it to Howland Read, changed her name, married Howland Reed, became a Septon, assumed a name, or did none of these things and killed herself. Jeez, that busy, busy woman!

In my 2+ years on the forum, I've noticed just about every man be suggested as Jon's father

A list of some, but not all, I'm sure

Brandon Stark, Benjen Stark, Aerys Targaryen, Robert Baratheon, Mance Rayder, Arthur Dayne, Howland Reed, Gerold Hightower etc.

Now I'm not saying anyone HAS to subscribe to R+L=J, but come on people, if Rhaegar's not Jon's father than Ned is.

3. Ashara Dayne being the fall-girl for the home version game of 'Who Is Your Mother?' as she is accused of sexual activity with every dude in Westeros, and being fecund in the extreme. Thus, in the parenthood theories, she slept with everyone (probably including Hodor), got immediately pregnant with a boy, a girl, twins, multiples, or for all I know a baby goat. She then kept it, tossed it out the window, gave it to Howland Read, changed her name, married Howland Reed, became a Septon, assumed a name, or did none of these things and killed herself. Jeez, that busy, busy woman!

Hahaha! You forget Ashara being a shadowbinder from Asshai named Quaithe!! It is known!

I don't know if this has been brought up before in this thread: the triplet theory. Jon, (f)Aegon and Darkstar being triplets of Lyanna&Rhaegar.

Hahaha! You forget Ashara being a shadowbinder from Asshai named Quaithe!! It is known!

I don't know if this has been brought up before in this thread: the triplet theory. Jon, (f)Aegon and Darkstar being triplets of Lyanna&Rhaegar.

JonCon's RedBeard had the best description of Ashara as a clown car with all the men she is supposed to have slept with according to these "theories"...

Ashara being Quaithe may not be so far out there. Ran has mentioned it more than once. I actually saw one of those posts. He could have been kidding but he said everything else in that particular theory was B.S. so it does rather sound like Ashara actually could be Quaithe.

Here's a brand new one that I came up with: Daario Naharis is Daario Naharis.

Wait! There's more...

Did you know that Bittersteel took Haegon Blackfyre, the youngest of Daemon's sons, to Tyrosh? The wiki lists the death places and circumstances of all of Daemon's sons except for Haegon. The Blackfyres are extinguished in the male line, but what if Haegon had daughters? Daario's eyes are said to be blue, but who else has blue eyes? Aegon Targaryen, that is until he washes the blue dye out of his hair. If Daario ever washes the dye out of his hair, we may learn that his eyes are purple. :eek:

Archived