Geeze...all this Stannis outrage is so incredibly stupid.

He doesn't arrive at the first night in the books either. Did you throw hissy fits then??

His arrival has been in the descriptions for episode 10 for weeks. Learn to friggin read, guys!!

Also calm the hell down, you're not doing yourselves any favours with misplaced nerdrage.

Edited by Spidey

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. IMO Kit's acting was off, standing there gawking (with no emotional facial expressions) while she's been pierced by an arrow is not emotional to me. But to each it's own.

He showed happiness when he saw her, he was smiling. I agree that that part was a bit off, but when Ygritte was dying i thought it was perfect

Loved it. Glad they are being faithful to the books more or less and didnt have Stannis show up early. I hope they dont play him up to much next week. WTF is it with people being pissed he didnt show up in this episode. Did of you actually read the books? I assume its mostly the people with a man crush on Stannis that are willing to comprimise the integrity of the events just so he gets a bigger spot light then he actually deserves . I would think most book readers would be happy that its being portrayed correctly. Great job D&D sticking to the way it actually did go down. We'll see Stannis next week and it seems like it will properly be done.

just fyi you might want to actually read some comments before making that straw man

people are fine with him showing up as he did in the books, when jon is with mance, what they want is for the useless 20 min pre battle filler to have been cut so the discussions and Stannis could fit into this episode

He doesn't arrive at the first night in the books either. Did you throw hissy fits then??

His arrival has been in the descriptions for episode 10 for weeks. Learn to friggin read, guys!!

Also calm the hell down, you're not doing yourselves any favours with misplaced nerdrage.

I'm sorry who died and made you the arbiter of what people can and can't discuss?

Edited by Enosh

It was actually a very emotional scene in the books:

"He found Ygritte sprawled across a patch of old snow beneath the Lord Commander’s Tower, with an arrow between her breasts. The ice crystals had settled over her face, and in the moonlight it looked as though she wore a glittering silver mask.

The arrow was black, Jon saw, but it was fletched with white duck feathers . Not mine, he told himself, not one of mine. But he felt as if it were. When he knelt in the snow beside her, her eyes opened. “Jon Snow,” she said, very softly . It sounded as though the arrow had found a lung. “Is this a proper castle now? Not just a tower?”

“It is.” Jon took her hand. “Good,” she whispered. “I wanted t’ see one proper castle, before … before I …” “You’ll see a hundred castles,” he promised her. “The battle’s done . Maester Aemon will see to you.” He touched her hair. “You’re kissed by fire, remember? Lucky. It will take more than an arrow to kill you. Aemon will draw it out and patch you up, and we’ll get you some milk of the poppy for the pain.”

She just smiled at that. “D’you remember that cave? We should have stayed in that cave. I told you so.” “We’ll go back to the cave,” he said. “You’re not going to die, Ygritte. You’re not.” “Oh.” Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. “You know nothing, Jon Snow,” she sighed, dying."

Not really feeling it.

And you think that with your pathetic and shite comment is doing any one any favours?

I wonder how many women and children are going to get butchered in the 30 second attack on the wildling army. We already know stannis will personally be killing numerous pregnant women as they beg for mercy, but how many people 12 and under will get killed?

That's probably why they left it out if this episode, they wanted the wildlings to be as unsympathetic as possible for this. So Jon looks good. But next week they can make the wildlings look as helpless and easy to sympathize with as possible without harming Jon's reputation.

Remember when the show runner said that there is a scene in episode 10 that is the most expensive effects shot they've ever done? And people were wondering what it could possibly be? Now we know, it's the Stannis charge.

no it's not, look at the preview there is like 5 horses and 10 dudes and hardly needs much effects

the special effects are probably for something dragon related

I wonder how many women and children are going to get butchered in the 30 second attack on the wildling army. We already know stannis will personally be killing numerous pregnant women as they beg for mercy, but how many people 12 and under will get killed?

R'hllor hungers

Edited by MaesterWalys

He showed happiness when he saw her, he was smiling. I agree that that part was a bit off, but when Ygritte was dying i thought it was perfect

I read it more as resignation to the fact that she would kill him, and he was fine with that. Didn't seem off to me.

LOL please no one forced D&D to stretch out the battle at night over the whole episode. if you don't see the many unnecesary, boring scenes that could've easily been scrapped, you still have to admit there were 10 minutes left which could've been used for the morning after and the Stannis arrival. That's extra clear when we know the last episode will be 66 minutes, an unnecesary packing of everything that still needs to happen, while having lots of extra time in the previous episode.

Another Stannis man crush that blinds people to everything. I swear the Stannis heads would be ok with it if the comet crashed into westeros and wiped half it off the map if it benefited Stannis in some way. So you'd rather change the events of the book COMPLETELY just so Stannis would appear at the end of this episode? So silly. He's obviously going to show up next week, as he is supposed to and he'll have his 'big' moment. D&D are remaining faithful to the book. Usually they are praised for this. I don't get it.

That's probably why they left it out if this episode, they wanted the wildlings to be as unsympathetic as possible for this. So Jon looks good. But next week they can make the wildlings look as helpless and easy to sympathize with as possible without harming Jon's reputation.

Leaked from Ep 10.

• Jon and Mance reach a truce
  • Acknowledge that they must fight together to defeat the White Walkers
  • Suddenly trumpets are heard
  • Mance looks outside
  • fire everywhere, knights are charging towards the wildlings
  • Baratheon men cutting down every man, woman and child
  • Mance valiantly fights, but is captured and burnt alive on the spot
  • Stannis arrives
  • Orders his men to rape every wildling women
  • A couple of his men protest
  • Stannis has them gelded for insubordination
  • Offers Jon a Lordship and orders him to burn all Weirwoods
  • Jon refuses
  • Stannis then burns Jon alive on the orders of Melisandre
  • STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

Written by David Benioff and Daniel Brett Weiss

Edited by Stan the Man Baratheon

no it's not, look at the preview there is like 5 horses and 10 dudes and hardly needs much effects

the special effects are probably for something dragon related

Yes because they obvious will blow their wad by showing the most expensive shot on the previews.

BTW, I don't think we're going to the the chaining of the dragons next week. People who think so a setting themselves up for a disappointment. This is just like last year, when because of the episode name was "Mhysa" people went all "it also means mother, and Cat is a mother so omg well get the double meaning and that means Un-Cat!" They're doing it again this year with "The Children" and Dany's dragons are her children so omg she's going to chain her dragons! Nope, the children will refer to Bran's story, and maybe Tywin and his children, but Dany will at best get the child's bones.

Yes because they obvious will blow their wad by showing the most expensive shot on the previews.

BTW, I don't think we're going to the the chaining of the dragons next week. People who think so a setting themselves up for a disappointment. This is just like last year, when because of the episode name was "Mhysa" people went all "it also means mother, and Cat is a mother so omg well get the double meaning and that means Un-Cat!" They're doing it again this year with "The Children" and Dany's dragons are her children so omg she's going to chain her dragons! Nope, the children will refer to Bran's story, and maybe Tywin and his children, but Dany will at best get the child's bones.

It is the last shot in the promo. They are getting chained.

Just watched it...WOW

I was waiting for Stannis,he didn't show up oh well next week

I'm sad about Pyp and Grenn :frown5: :frown5:

I knew something bad was gonna happen to Thorne(not sure if he's dead) because they made him slightly likeable

Janos motherfucking Flynt hiding in the pantry,priceless :lol: :lol:

Jon-Ygritte scene made me cry,and I didn't even like her :crying: :crying:

I'm sooooooo excited about next week