Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

Have they stated how many Avatar's there have been? I guess it means a quarter of them have been against killing at least. Unless there have been airbenders that weren't Buddhist (or the interpretations that allow violence)?

I think killing in the Avatar state - especially at the North Pole was a scenario where Aang wasn't completely in control. It's good he accepts some responsibility but I don't think he was consciously killing them while in that state

Have they stated how many Avatar's there have been? I guess it means a quarter of them have been against killing at least. Unless there have been airbenders that weren't Buddhist (or the interpretations that allow violence)?

I think killing in the Avatar state - especially at the North Pole was a scenario where Aang wasn't completely in control. It's good he accepts some responsibility but I don't think he was consciously killing them while in that state

I think airbenders are against killing, but not airbending avatars. Late in TLA, when Aang summons the spirits of past avatars, Avatar Yangchen (the airbending Avatar before Aang), told him that killing was a necessary part of being the Avatar, even if it goes against the ideals that the Air Nomads taught.

I think airbenders are against killing, but not airbending avatars. Late in TLA, when Aang summons the spirits of past avatars, Avatar Yangchen (the airbending Avatar before Aang), told him that killing was a necessary part of being the Avatar, even if it goes against the ideals that the Air Nomads taught.

Yes, Avatar Yangchen seems to have been quite brutal even for the normal avatar standard.

Here's some outtakes from the wiki about her:

Yangchen was a powerful bender and used aggression to accomplish her tasks as the Avatar, engendering some fear upon her peers.

Although the Air Nomads were perceived to be pacifistic people, Yangchen was feared for her fierce willingness in doing whatever was required to perform her duties as the Avatar and maintain balance and peace throughout the world.[3] Due to her devotion, no threats of war occurred for an entire generation after her death.[2]

All Yangchen said that he has a responsibility and that as a bridge between four different bending cultures(and plenty more) and the spirits and all energy and whatnot on earth, he cannot have personal feelings and attachments, relationships. He has to find new ideals and especially be neutral to everybody and not judging and all.

An avatar cannot let his personal feelings and decisions get in the way. He is just a representative of a message and a force, nothing more..I guess.

I bet the Dalai Lama and Gandhi and MLK personally would have had the desire and urge to kill Mao, the King and leaders of the racists, but they stood for something and had to take those feelings aside to deliver the message and especially show their followers and foes this message.

So it is kinda similar with the avatars here.

But in a different way. Perhaps the upbringing of Yangchen told her not to kill, but when she had to be the avatar, she had to take that aside, because she didn't any longer live for herself, but for the world of the humans and the spirits.

Aang is more or less selfish here, as he did a personal thing here, by deciding not to "do the job". It was the right thing of course and I hope that it will become a future leading motive for avatars.

And there must be more than a couple hundred avatars(avatara?), because there are plenty of statues in the Southern Airtemple.

"Look alive, Uncle Bumi!" :LMAO:

Really good opening episodes. They really set up a lot of different plot lines for the season. Zuko's and Eska's moment in the elevator was pretty funny. Ba Sing Se is still one screwed up city. I liked being able to watch three back-to-back, but now the season is going to go by way too quickly.

Yeh I enjoyed the first 3 episodes, these episodes have done well to set up the story arcs for the rest of the season, and I like the tone of this season so far, a lot more similar to ATLA.

The villains look promising as well, looking forward to seeing more of them and learning their motives.

Also.....Those maggots will bow to me!!!! Best line of the season so far.

Saw all 6 available episodes in one go, though watching 3 in Spanish was weird.

I like it. They seem to have increased the number of battles to make fans happy, but these added battles are so visually appealing that all I can say is: bring it on!

There's heavy mystery over why the Gang of Four wanted to kidnap Korra. Not kill,

kidnap. They all seem extraordinarily skilled, so I really wonder what they wanted with the Avatar. Did they want to "induct" her into some weird scheme? Steal her power in some way? Or simply eliminate her to stand unopposed (the success of Zuko/Tonraq/Sokka suggests that would have been short-lived)? Zaheer seemed to genuinely revere Airbender culture, and he must have studied a lot of their techniques to get so good so fast, so I feel confident in saying that they aren't going to be simple power hungry megalomaniacs again.

With two seasons planned for, I hope this story is more detailed and intricate. The introduction of so many new characters points to a multi-season arc.

I'm stoked that Korra seems more mature, and that they seem to be working on developing Korra and Asami's friendship without brining Mako into the picture.

Kya kicked some ass, which was fun!

Zuko's humor is still stilted, which was hilarious. I'm going to love seeing him interact with Korra. Also hope he manages to make Mako an interesting character.

All said, a great start. 6 episodes out of 13, and they've done a good job setting up a big story. Now I just have to wait 4 more weeks till I get new story. Unless they leak more episodes...

Yeah it was a strong start to season 3 and I hope foretells that it will be the best season yet. Season 1 was good but season 2 was meh, outside of Aang's kids. I'm glad that Uncle Bumi is along for the ride because he's quickly become one of my favorite characters.

I'm also glad they are hitting the road again. We've seen enough of Republic City. I've wanted to see more of the outside world and how it's changed since Aang's time. I LOVED the new airbending hipster slacker and his mom. :lmao: The slacker was played by John Hader, aka Napoleon Dynamite! I also liked that Tenzin expectation that people would just jump at the chance to drop all their worldly possessions and loved ones to join the airbender tribe bombed spectacularly. They are in a new world so leave it to Mover Star Bolin to think of a new idea. :p

I was a little torn on the new airbending villain. He can suddenly bend and then is able to thrash elite White Lotus benders twice. I'm going to assume that since he was in that maximum prison, he was some kind of Ty Lee-like gymnast and the airbending just comes naturally.

I want to know if the dragon is supposed to be Ran or Shaw...or a kid of those.

And hell, Zuko in the elevator with "the gloomy girl that sighs a lot"..perfect :D

Man I love Eska and Desna. They just have a way to lighten my mood. :lmao:

It's really nice that team avatar has a wealthy friend.... Money...... Or lack there of, was such an issue in TLA...... Well it was until Toph showed up :p

Lol no, Asami is more than just a wallet, which reminds me, am I the only one who thinks she looks better this season? Maybe it's because I took a break from Avatar; Korra edition to rewatch Aang edition, but she looks a bit...... Grown up? :dunno:

I'm probably reading into shit that isn't there :D hahaha

I can't help it, but I would so date Asami. Those eyes.

And poor gal is actually broke, as Varrick ruined her completely.

Wonder when he shows up again.

Lmao you're not the only one :smug:

And yeah I thought so too, but this season that ship proved otherwise (who's paying for gas) ..... I mean maybe her broke isn't the average kind of broke :dunno:

Lmao you're not the only one :smug:

And yeah I thought so too, but this season that ship proved otherwise (who's paying for gas) ..... I mean maybe her broke isn't the average kind of broke :dunno:

this would be one heck of a thread "Who paid for the gas during the world trip of Asami?"

I bet Varrick didn't really just use her..but perhaps makes a Porsche/VW thing here. Can keep the name, but is owned by the other.

And if she has the mansion and doesn't have to pay for that..well she could sell it and get a small apartement or house.

But that airship is insanely huge. And what a pro she is, able to fly it on her own.

Kosami would be better as name for a ship.

I hope, as we are in a asoiaf forum, you don't judge me too much for Deska as shipping. Not as love relationship, but just the way they are, as that bromance kinda thing.

Or Boska.(Bolin and Eska) Hope they get a second chance.

Archived