(Book spoilers) Why did Lena Headey do that?

Panos Targaryen

She might have done that pic because she heard about plans to include Stoneheart in season 5... it didn't necessarily have to be foreshadowing for this past season.

I think it's better in next season anyways, being the AFfC/ADwD season it is going to need all the big moments it can get.

She might have done that pic because she heard about plans to include Stoneheart in season 5... it didn't necessarily have to be foreshadowing for this past season.

I think it's better in next season anyways, being the AFfC/ADwD season it is going to need all the big moments it can get.

Season 5 is looking pretty good actually.

Now that Brienne has actually met Arya, coming so close to her goal, it will be that much more tragic when she arrives at Saltpans, witnesses the destruction there and believes Arya was killed. I am now fairly sure the massacre at Saltpans will be included, because if not, why show the piles of salt while Arya negotiated with the captain?

Then Brienne will have some encounter that will lead to Pod saving her life and gives us hints of schemers and agents. She will also have a run-in with Tarly. In the midst of these scenes there will be rumours of Stoneheart, Nymeria's wolf pack, and some Freys hanging by the roadside, as well as wandering sparrows.

We'll have Arya and Bran's training and both should be very cool. Sansa will be on new stuff. Rickon might appear again.

We'll have the sparrow movement in KL, maybe the return of Lancel.

We'll have the cultural friction at the Wall, as well as Ramsay's wedding, the build-up to the battle of ice.

Dorne and the Myrcella plot. fAegon...

It's going to be great.

Having her meet the Hound was a good way to cut useless characters, while making sure that Brienne believes the Hound is dead without having to include the Quiet Isle. I think it was a good move.

That subtelty would stand in shrill contrast to having Brienne meet Hot Pie, who tells her about Arya and the Hound and then accidentally walking into Arya a day later. No I don't believe that is the reasoning behind it. Brienne could have easily walked into a bar and hear about the hounds' death.

The frequency of chance meetings of key characters, is starting to remind me of Lost.

Fuck people for personally attacking Lena or getting super upset over this incident...

But also fuck people who pretend like readers just "read too much into it." Are you seriously going to suggest, that this wasn't intentional?

Inb4 Lena

Skin so itchy. I think I'm allergic to something....

Song stuck in my head... "Get your rocks off, get your rocks off honey. Shake it now now, get 'em off downtown..."

You've all gone a lil cray cray and have started descending into madness. Don't do that. Leave it to the pros....

I still think that you're all the witches tits... ♥

Fuck, I have to keep it on topic no?! Lena Headey, I hate you. You suck monkeyballs and stuff! You're like such a troll, or an orc or something! There, that ok? Nailed it! Awesome sauce....

But that's it. Finished. No more bickering guys. Summer skies, sparkling wines and sweaty thighs. Spread love, no arguing amongst yourselves my lovelies. Life is short and shit as it is. Smile and spread nothing but love & positivity....

haha you always knew we were cray cray though didn't you?

can you give us a really subtle hint if she's in the scripts for season 5? Also how does the walk of shame sound?

Actually no i don't trust you lena headey.

Song stuck in my head... "Get your rocks off, get your rocks off honey. Shake it now now, get 'em off downtown..."

You've all gone a lil cray cray and have started descending into madness. Don't do that. Leave it to the pros....

Fuck, I have to keep it on topic no?! Lena Headey, I hate you. You suck monkeyballs and stuff! You're like such a troll, or an orc or something! There, that ok? Nailed it! Awesome sauce....

But that's it. Finished. No more bickering guys. Summer skies, sparkling wines and sweaty thighs. Spread love, no arguing amongst yourselves my lovelies. Life is short and shit as it is. Smile and spread nothing but love & positivity....

:lol: perfect

Aw, how could anyone be mad at you.

All hail to the queen. Love you Cersei, we all know it's D&D who cut Stoneheart.

Before the episode aired I suggested my feeling that the producers were going in a different direction with the show - that bringing back zombie Cat after that intense moment of Michelle's exit on the series would diminish the dramatic arc immensely. Someone responded that she wouldn't really be coming back as Catelyn - and while I would agree, here we have it:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-why-no-lady-stoneheart/

It's not really her reveal that matters to the story anyway, but more her corrupting the Brotherhood from a righteous band of freedom fighters who are the only people who care about the smallfolk into a murderous band of revenge-seeking lunatics, and she's probably leading Brienne into a choice between Jaime's life or her own life. Those seem like fairly important plot points, but it doesn't really matter how far in advance they reveal her existence, because none of that will happen for a long time anyway.

If LS doesn't appear next season, it means, she's probably fairly irrelevant for the overall story, i.e. her presence/absence does not largely affect the overall outcome or her role can be taken up by some other living character. Not sure if it makes me happy or sad. I felt that resurrecting Cat cheapened the story quite a bit so I was kinda hoping that there will be some deeper meaning to it.

awww... I love you again :3

Strictly from a storytelling perspective, this would have been the perfect time to reveal her.

- In the first episode, Tywin melts the Stark legacy down. In the last one, he dies and Catelyn is revealed to be undead.

- What a huge wtf-moment to end the season on and leave the fans guessing for the next 9 months to come!

- Show-only-fans are going to get spoiled. At least 60% of them. You can try to contain a secret like this for a year, but 2 years, when everyone expected it to be revealed right now?

I'v already seen several people on Facebook being spoiled, just because book readers are upset about LSH not being included this season.

I harbor no hate for Lena. She probably believed quite realistically that Stonheart would be included in this Ep and probably wasn't filled in much on the secrets of completely separate storylines. She likely wasn't planning for the COMPLETE FUCKERY that D&D decided to follow in skipping the character. I mean, who would? What writers on Earth would pass up the amazing cliffhanger of Stoneheart and just decide to completely IGNORE THE THE CHARACTER at this ripe time instead?? So stupid.

Sorry, major fangirling, but I am quite pissed.

Archived