Confessions from 2014

DreamSongs

Dear forum members forgive me for I have sinned:

• I used to be a big fan of Dany in the early days of her wars of liberation. I especially liked how she brought a Red Terror (more like Red and Black Terror am I right?) on the slavers. I was dissapointed when she started to make compromises, not angry, dissapointed. After some other things I stopped rooting for her. Now I still like her a bit but I just want that someone would come to her and tell her all the harsh truths of the world.
  • I started to like a character very much because certain aspects of his life reminds me of my own... and I'm talking about Stannis. Only after naming Davos as his Hand I started liking him for the way he is. Now I want him on the throne.
  • For a time I hoped that Theon will conquer Casterly Rock in order to help Robb and then become king of the Iron Islands. I even hoped that he would disobey his father and take Lannisport and Casterly Rock thus promting some lords of the Iron Islands to proclaim him their King. (summer child, I know)
  • Before Cat took over the Brotherhood Without Banners I adored them because I thought that they would inspire a huge revolt accross Westeros. (again a summer child).
  • I hope that Jon's mother is a lowborn woman
  • I like Robin a bit and hope that he survives and becomes a great man like his father

I confess I never once liked the Brotherhood Without Banners before my Lady was involved. I hated every chapter with them because they had in reality kidnapped and ransomed Arya, making them no better than any other faction to me.

I confess I never once liked the Brotherhood Without Banners before my Lady was involved. I hated every chapter with them because they had in reality kidnapped and ransomed Arya, making them no better than any other faction to me.

their allies also intended that the BwB took/robbed/killed Brienne, Jaime and Ser Cleos after she had shown.kindness and given around 5 gold pieces to them. Yeah, not really a great deal of sympathy

I confess:

- I look at the Meereen chapters in ADWD and think "Oh The George, admit it, you had no idea what to do with her for this book so you stuck us in this mildly interesting cul-du-sac." Yes, I judge The George. I judge him for canning the five year gap too.

- I have trouble keeping all the BWB and Bloody Mummer people straight. Mostly because I don't care about any of those losers. When Brienne met that trio of them at Crackclaw point I had to read the wiki to even figure out they were Bloody Mummers.

- At least before AFFC, I found myself defending Jaime and Cercei for having a comparatively normal and healthy relationship.

- I thought Cercei was brilliant until we got a look inside her head and then it was like "Oh, she's batshit!"

- I find it hard to forgive Varys for seeking out the most intelligent children he can and then mutilating them.

- After 5 books that I've read at least 5 times, I still can't figure out whether I think Tyrion is a good person or not.

Hmm, lots of hate for the BwB here...

I guess I'll confess that I love Beric's brotherhood without banners. They were the only ones that actually championed King Robert's (and by extension, Ned Stark's) cause, and judged people based on how they acted, not who they fought for. The reason I dislike Lady Stoneheart's BwB (and why many brotherhood members do too)

Hmmm the BwB....I am not sure whether I like or dislike them to be honest. I have to admit that i was disappointed when they went rogue after Ned's death and didn't help Ayra. At the same time I forgive them for that as it is a normal occurrence when war breaks out. There intention to help the peasants, i think, is rather noble when the major houses were busy fighting for the throne.

I like Brienne, but I dislike her chapters. Does that make any sense.......?

I also am hoping Theon's ultimate sacrifice, if he gets the chance, is for the Starks. If you have ever been shunned by a parent it doesn't matter who attempts to fill the gap, you are going to try and appease that parent for their love, affection and respect. Unfortunately for Theon, that meant turning on the Starks.

I did, in fact, enjoy Cersei's walk of shame. I may be burned for this by the over sensitive types, but she deserved that. "What goes around, comes around".

I am convinced that Hodor is more than just Bran's aid. He doesn't necessarily have special powers, etc but there is more to him than we think.

Gendry will rescue one of the most pathetic individual of the story and fall in love--Sansa. Although I admit her character has greatly improved. Can't have a medieval fantasy without a dose of Courty Love literature infused, well I think here it is.

AND

If Jon were to die (he is not), I would probably stop reading. Having said that, I am one of those people who does not believe he is dead, but seriously injured.

Aside from the North, I could care less about any of the other characters. Ok that's a lie. I like the Baratheons. Stannis is a stud, and Gendry is the prototypical hero, just Martin hasn't paid much attention to him. Otherwise, I have little interest in the others.

I care about Robin's survival more then I care about either Tommen and Myrcella.

I don't respect any of the KG that were at the TOJ, thus the only tragedy of that conflict was the death of Ned's friends (and maybe Lyanna) instead of any of them.

<snip

- I find it hard to forgive Varys for seeking out the most intelligent children he can and then mutilating them.

- After 5 books that I've read at least 5 times, I still can't figure out whether I think Tyrion is a good person or not.

Do we have any proof that Varys is the one who cuts out their tongues? He may be picking up kids who had their tongues cut out as a punishment for some petty crime, and giving them a future.

Agreed on Tyrion. But I don't think it really matters whether or not he's a good person.

• 1 month later...

Stannis and Selyse lost me when they made Cressen wear Patchface's helm. Forget stuff after, that was it for me. Their condescending nasty words and treatment and dismissive airs to Cressen pissed me off too. Stannis should know better, more so than Selyse. He raised him and was his biggest champion. He was Davos, before Davos.

And then he gets hornswoggeled by Mel, Cressen and even Jon Snow got her number right away, but he didn't value Cressen's advice and headings about a bunch of things. I don't care for Stannis... confession time, I can't help it. If you can get duped that easily and can't see good people to have around you to start, I have no high hopes for your future success. Sorry, I just don't.

You admit no one likes you or cares for you. Ok, crap on the one person that does? Ridiculous...

Selyse stinks from when the first words came out of her mouth, but Cressen was a father to him, and with all of his honor and what's right feels, and everything, that was cancelled out for me, because if you can't respect someone that cared for you since childhood and was devoted to you, you are dead to me.

I hate Selyse more than Lysa, only by a smidgeon though.

I confess I desire (yearn, crave etc...) ONE objective Daenerys thread. A thread without misogyny idiots, hate posts and whitewashing nonsense. A thread where we would actually deal with arguments not whether posters are pro-slavery, misogynists, haters or lovers... I really wish we have a thread like that...

I confess I desire (yearn, crave etc...) ONE objective Daenerys thread. A thread without misogyny idiots, hate posts and whitewashing nonsense. A thread where we would actually deal with arguments not whether posters are pro-slavery, misogynists, haters or lovers... I really wish we have a thread like that...

You realize that just by mentioning the D-word, the odds of this thread turning into on of those is about 1 in 4?

I cried uncontrollably when I realised Arianne would probably be cut from the show.

I really wish I were exaggerrating.

You're not the only one. The only thing that made me feel better was realizing that they would probably just turn her into Ms. Fanservice and have her sleep with Areo Hotar just so they would get their boob quota.

What's the etiquette for starting a version 2 of a thread? Can I do it myself or do I have to leave it up to the mods?

You realize that just by mentioning the D-word, the odds of this thread turning into on of those is about 1 in 4?

One in three... :)

What's the etiquette for starting a version 2 of a thread? Can I do it myself or do I have to leave it up to the mods?

There is none. You just have to wait until the first iteration is closed.

My confession: I just want to see dragons fighting ice zombies. If I get to see that, then I don't care what else happens.

:D Me too! Well, maybe a bit more, but the basics of it.

Let's make one. It'll be great. :D

Archived