Confessions from 2014

DreamSongs

I confess that this series makes me a bit sad. Not depressed, but... a bit sad. There are so many tragic events, so much suffering, and no matter which character you like, that character is bound to suffer somewhat. Also, the series make me sad because I've grown so fond of many of the characters and really want them to get a happy ending, but I it will never happen.

I confess that I'm a ruthless pragamtic and hopeless romantic at the same time - I want everyone I find likeable have a to happy ending and wish for everyone to get along, but I also support many of the crueler actions and find them perfectly reasonable and absolutely justified.

I despise people who solely apply their western 21st century ideals on the characters and settings in the series without even trying to understand why a character acts and thinks as s/he do.

I confess that I don't understand how people can hate fictional characters. They are fictional, why waste the energy?

I confess that I despise those who make some claim of entitlement to GRRM's work and act like he is working specifically for their benefit and is being paid by the hour in their hard-earned money. GRRM does what he want's to do, and if he wants to burn his manuscript and say "fuck this, Imma open a kiosk instead", then that's what I think he should do... as long as he fully understands the vitriol (and possible monetery fine for breaking a contract) he will recieve from his fans, editor and publisher.

Oh, I understand why some people might be sad that he is cut. Only personally, I see him similar to Vargo Hoat of a fun character but not really needed.

Tysha on the otherhand..... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Ehh, im not arsed about Tysha and ill get to why in a moment.

I just picked the most Western country I could think of without rounding back to Japan.. :D

|: I dont really think it matters just which Western nation you pick, the implications of that kind of statement are very unfortunate regardless. In other words, generalizing is problematic, especially when it involves a huge population. You of all people should understand precisely what i mean. Since it seems to be the thing you are fighting against. *folds arms*

"Show, don't tell." That's how it is in film. Showing the relationship between Shae and Tyrion is worth 100 stories about Tysha.

It not about their preference, it's about being practical in the medium in which they work.

Yeah this is actually why im not arsed about Tysha in the show. Shae composited the very idea of Tysha and i believe this is why Shae's behavior in the show was different from her book counterpart. By portraying her as actually having genuine feelings for Tyrion, Shae sort of becomes Tysha. This is why i felt that Tyrion getting angry at Tywin about using the word "whore" was still relevant. Tyrion called her that, but he hated doing so with every fiber of his being. Even during the trial. So yeah... :dunno:

Was it the best narrative choice? Meh up for debate. I just simply had no problem with it for the above reasons.

I confess that if you take away the slavery aspect, the Ghiscari culture seems rather colorful.

I confess i do feel that a lot of people, including some of Arya's biggest fans, miss the point of her story.

I confess that I despise those who make some claim of entitlement to GRRM's work and act like he is working specifically for their benefit and is being paid by the hour in their hard-earned money. GRRM does what he want's to do, and if he wants to burn his manuscript and say "fuck this, Imma open a kiosk instead", then that's what I think he should do... as long as he fully understands the vitriol (and possible monetery fine for breaking a contract) he will recieve from his fans, editor and publisher.

omg this right here. Poor GRRM...

I confess that I think that people who complain about Stanfans are way more aggressive than Stanfans are. Every time a well known Stannis fan posts in a thread about Stannis I see shit like "the Stannatics are here." Its almost impossible to post about Stannis without their fandom being attacked.

Well, my rant about that is over, as I don't want to go into mentioning other posters too much.

Other confessions

-Valyria doesn't really interest me. I don't care what caused to Doom

-I am not interested by the Hightowers or Daynes either

-The only tears I shed at the RW were for Catelyn

-I pity Lysa

-Blackfish is the worst Tully

-Tyrion is actually less funny than either of his siblings.

-I think Tyrion thinks he's smarter than he is, while Jaime thinks he's dumber than he is

When I first started reading these forums, the posts usually contained quotes from the text to support their views - now people tend to post their views/popular views as if they are canon. I confess that I miss the textual references.

I confess that I can no longer read any series without comparing it to this one, and then feeling utterly disappointed with the other said series as it never matches up.

lol, that kinds happened to me today, I was watching a movie and it ended up well, with everybody well and alive. "That's so unrealistic", I thought :lol:

I confess I'm a big Euron fan. I don't condone some of the shit he's done and he is a bit "cartoony" but whatever. I hope he goes crazy in the next book and causes complete chaos. And I don't need a list of the horrible stuff he's done either, some people get silly if you like a "bad" guy.

lol, that kinds happened to me today, I was watching a movie and it ended up well, with everybody well and alive. "That's so unrealistic", I thought :lol:

This happens to me, too! Thanks to GRRM, I have a low option about many tv series, because it feels unrealistic, childish and cheap...

I confess that I tried to read AGoT back in 2008 on my husband’s suggestion, got about 10 or 11 chapters into it and didn’t care for it. I only picked the books back up after the end of Season 3, when I started with ASoS and read them by POV instead of straight through. I then went on to read ADwD, and then later went back and read the other books I skipped.

I confess that I still tend to read them by POV instead of straight through, and have even made audiobook playlists with only one POV (unless there are some other POVs that are relevant to that storyline).

I also confess that I find myself listening to Jon’s POV the most.

Since we are confessing....

Last week I found myself re-visiting and re-examining my crackpot theory about how Ned could still be alive, which i had tossed and buried because I am trying to keep a firmer grip on reality these days. But there I was, going through "the evidence" in my mind.

*hangs head in shame*

Actually yeah, another pet peeve confession: sometimes this place can be really problematic

Where do you usually go? I want to know about the place where humans congregate and exchange ideas and it all goes very smoothly.

(Tea Party rallies do not count, they aren't actually exchanging any ideas.)

Archived