Confessions from 2014

DreamSongs

I confess I desire (yearn, crave etc...) ONE objective Daenerys thread. A thread without misogyny idiots, hate posts and whitewashing nonsense. A thread where we would actually deal with arguments not whether posters are pro-slavery, misogynists, haters or lovers... I really wish we have a thread like that...

Are you asking for a thread where idiots cannot post? Because that's what it would take from my POV, and I see no way of ensuring that.

Are you asking for a thread where idiots cannot post? Because that's what it would take from my POV, and I see no way of ensuring that.

Hahahaha... Oh, we can dream of making such thread... But I do confess that I have something in my mind...

I confess, I don't really care about Brienne and don't like her chapters, to me she feels forced upon me.

I don't see Davos as the greatest man in the books, nor do I truly respect Stannis.

I love Arya, but would be scared shitless of crossing her, which is ridiclulous since she is a prepubescent girl! And yet, I'd piss a little!

Sansa is a strong willed kind hearted person and nothing is wrong with that.

If Jon is dead and gone then I likely stop reading the books.

I confess that I don't like when posters fail to see the social critique and black humor of the novels, and instead treat the characters and themes as if this is historical fiction. There's a certain level of ridiculousness to say that readers should refrain from using modern standards in an interpretation. I particularly love comments that justify ethical problems such as misogyny for example, because it was how women were largely treated "back then" as if there was a "back then" in this quasi-medieval fictional world. LOL ASoIaF is written for a modern audience, its themes should be interpreted from a modern mindset. Not doing this,I think misses a lot of what Martin's doing in the series.

i confess i have become bitter. bitter toward the author. bitter toward the show. bitter all the way around.

I haven't reached the state of bitterness...yet, but I'm definitely cynical about it all.

I confess that I'm really disappointed with the second half of the story.

GoT through SoS was absolutely amazing, but the kill-'em-all-off mentality sucked so much of the juice out of the series and has replaced many spectacular characters with ones that are simply ok.

Roose and Ramsay aren't nearly as fun to hate as Joff and Tywin were.

Bowen Marsh as an antagonist? Puh-lease.

Pick any of Dany's enemies. Cartoons.

I have a feeling when the series is complete and read in it's entirety the pacing is going to be absolutely jarring.

I confess that I, for a short moment, rooted for Cersei at the end of the Walk of Shame. Not long, after I remembered the whole Qyburn torture thing, but still.

And as other characters go: The one character I have absolutely no idea how to judge him is Thoros. For almost every other character I can say how I see him or her, how to judge their actions and the reasons for it. But Thoros? Kind Priest? Hypocritical person, who heals on the one side but helps the BWB to hold their questionable trials and finally helps Lady Stoneheart on her revenge spree? Is it good that he stays with them after she takes over or is he just helping it along? No clue whatsoever, I should probably reread the chapters at some point.

There's a certain level of ridiculousness to say that readers should refrain from using modern standards in an interpretation. I particularly love comments that justify ethical problems such as misogyny for example, because it was how women were largely treated "back then" as if there was a "back then" in this quasi-medieval fictional world. LOL ASoIaF is written for a modern audience, its themes should be interpreted from a modern mindset. Not doing this,I think misses a lot of what Martin's doing in the series.

Like this?

"Well, Westeros is the fantasy analogue of the British Isles in its world, so it is a long long way from the Asia analogue. There weren't a lot of Asians in Yorkish England either."

I confess that I, for a short moment, rooted for Cersei at the end of the Walk of Shame. Not long, after I remembered the whole Qyburn torture thing, but still.

And as other characters go: The one character I have absolutely no idea how to judge him is Thoros. For almost every other character I can say how I see him or her, how to judge their actions and the reasons for it. But Thoros? Kind Priest? Hypocritical person, who heals on the one side but helps the BWB to hold their questionable trials and finally helps Lady Stoneheart on her revenge spree? Is it good that he stays with them after she takes over or is he just helping it along? No clue whatsoever, I should probably reread the chapters at some point.

Give it another look. He is not that crazy about LS. I'm not sure he would do anything, but then again, if he has a breaking point he might.

Check out my thread. Thoros is a very obvious hypocrite but in part I think the recent version of him we get is just mourning Beric.

I confess that I don't like when posters fail to see the social critique and black humor of the novels, and instead treat the characters and themes as if this is historical fiction. There's a certain level of ridiculousness to say that readers should refrain from using modern standards in an interpretation. I particularly love comments that justify ethical problems such as misogyny for example, because it was how women were largely treated "back then" as if there was a "back then" in this quasi-medieval fictional world. LOL ASoIaF is written for a modern audience, its themes should be interpreted from a modern mindset. Not doing this,I think misses a lot of what Martin's doing in the series.

:agree:

I confess that I find WoS terrible and that I don't care what Cersei has done at that moment.

I confess I find amusing the "usage of medieval morality of modern people" argument...

I haven't reached the state of bitterness...yet, but I'm definitely cynical about it all.

I agree on first part

I confess I don't care when GRRM will finish the series as long as he does it.

Archived