TTTNE 431 : For The Losers ...

N/A

Good day!

Tato, thanks for finishing the last thread, it really deserved that mercy after dragging for days. :P

Please do not call for autumn. It is only 16°C here today, I want some summery temperatures too! I am going south on Sunday, so I hope it will be warmer and sunnier there. :)

That was the epitome of uglichheit.

Well ... but it is funny!

I do not follow sports much, and football really bores me. Exceedingly weird scores are entertaining though!

And yes, poor Brazilians ... I usually sympathise with losers, but now I just cannot for some reason.

This is Desmond. He is a 2 year old pomeranian, whom I've had since he was 6 weeks old. He is my son, and he is a very sweet little boy.

Adorable.

Cora, spamiga! :D Thank you for the privilege of being in your sig. I don't think anyone ever did that, except lightning lord who is the father of Cthundas :lol: Oh well how time flies... The wee ones are now big and tentacly and have swam to the depths of every ocean. They are biding their time

They sure do not look that way. ;)

I just realised I am featured in Lily's sig - as a curse. I am not sure this is a good thing, but I will take it so.

Are Rhaenys and myself the only joyous celebrants of the RedWedding of soccer? :unsure:

Nahhhh.

:rofl:

Crannog looks like a very rude impostor there in the middle. :P

Good day!

And yes, poor Brazilians ... I usually sympathise with losers, but now I just cannot for some reason

Crannog looks like a very rude impostor there in the middle. :P

I find myself sympathizing with the losing team too much. :s last night I hit that ridiculous level when I was so sorry for brazil I couldn't even be happy for m'Germans. Damn the cameras for showing all the crying Brazilian kids... But yeah, I woke up in the morning and now I'm hoping they'll kick ass in the final too.

Nah, nobody from TTTNE could ever be an impostor in my notification bar :love: you guys.

I sent a raven to check on LadyQat. I shall report back. I missed her post that she was feeling ill. Last thread? Haven't heard from her since the 4th of July.

I've done something stupid to the format of Chrome. Now everything is HUGE and I can't get it back to normal. Thoughts?

:lol:

Hey First!

How's things? You must be anxious about this afternoon's match?

Hey HC, I'm great :) (How could I not be, it's summer vacation!) I hope you're well too?

Not very, to be honest. I hope the Dutch will win, but I'm not that big of a soccer fan. I can't be bothered to watch games that aren't part of the World Cup/European Cup. (In fact I skipped Holland-Costa Rica entirely because my sister wanted to watch GOT with me :D)

(Btw, when I say summer vacation, I mean summer in loose sense; it's been raining for two days straight :ack: ). I can't wait to go to Italy!

Both cooking and baking a cake today, for no special reason. I must be ill with something. And standing at the stove is not pleasant at all in this heat :ack:

heat is horrible, heat is awful , heat is evil !

well i just hope Low stops picking his nose in public .

yeah it sure is ..."different " nah it's just gay :lol:

well, it was okay i suppose , it's sad actually , not the dissecting but the fact that so many of the bodies we have are OD's :( freedom my ass .

Oh, I'm sorry, I feel very insensitive now :( That must be terribly sad to see so often.

The good thing about these hot days are the evenings, we usually have cooler nights so the long light evenings are perfect, just the perfect temperature.

I thought the Beer Boot was hilarious! It goes with milk too :D

We specialize in heat and humidity here on the East coast of the USA. Washington DC is supposed to the worst (Foggy Bottom it's sometimes called - and only partly for the politics). Georgia where Bex lives is inhumane.

Can't really complain today. Quite nice here for July: 28 C with 50% humidity.

50% of Germany's success came from a Swede? :D How do you figure?

The name of the stadium :P It's half me!

Mineirão!

I know I shouldn't complain, I do like when it's warm, 27-28 C is fine by me, but the trouble with the heat when it goes over 30 C is that we so rarely have it. If we get it for say, two weeks, the last week most people's bodies have adapted, and it works fine. We usually have a burst of a few days of heat, and then cooler days, then heat again etc, which is more problematic.

You northeners woth your low humidity tolerance.

ITS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN + ARTHRITIS

I'll try to remember that there is some good to this :P

Ooooh, baby Cthunda :wub: I had forgotten about that account :lol: The image doesn't fit with how they actually look though. The cthundas are panda-Cthulhu babies.

Woohoo! Another Californian??? :D :commie:

Yes ma'am! :commie: Though I'm a pacific northwestern at heart.

Are Rhaenys and myself the only joyous celebrants of the RedWedding of soccer? :unsure:

I wish I enjoyed soccer so I knew what everyone was talking about/what's going on. But I just...don't. :dunno:

Rhae...some times an uneventful evening is good for the soul.

Work rant follows:

Work...schmirk. The whole weekend sucked, everyone yelled at me, new employees accused me of favoritism because the loud bullies didn't like their assignments so I threw up my hands and told them to redo it if they didn't like it. The military nurses got mad because I called in a military nurse and then management got mad at me because I offered a civilian to extend her shift so I wouldn't have to call a military nurse and deal with that crap for the second day in row. We were grossly understaffed with too many chiefs that did not want to be there on a holiday weekend and not enough people willing to compromise to make sure all the clients were receiving appropriate care. People weren't reporting off like they should because they wanted to leave and go home and it created chaos.

L_T...you know that way that only a nurse can be pissed off by other nurses? I was totally in that zone. Maybe I need a clinic position because inpatient is starting to drain me spiritually. And it isn't the clients...its the damned staff.

I sent a raven to check on LadyQat. I shall report back. I missed her post that she was feeling ill. Last thread? Haven't heard from her since the 4th of July.

I've done something stupid to the format of Chrome. Now everything is HUGE and I can't get it back to normal. Thoughts?

Just change your zoom level on the mouse pad.

Put your thumb on the lower left corner and another finger on the upper right corner. Tap both at the same time and drag both finger towards the center. You have to play with it to get exactly where you want it.

On a regular computer/laptop: CTRL + 0 (zero, not capital o)

Archived