TTTNE 431 : For The Losers ...

N/A

Just change your zoom level on the mouse pad.

Put your thumb on the lower left corner and another finger on the upper right corner. Tap both at the same time and drag both finger towards the center. You have to play with it to get exactly where you want it.

Or hold down control and scroll with your mouse wheel. On Chrome a little box should pop up that says zoom and give you a percentage. Just set it to 100% and you're good. You can probably get to that setting through the options menu also.

Rhae...some times an uneventful evening is good for the soul.

Work rant follows:

Work...schmirk. The whole weekend sucked, everyone yelled at me, new employees accused me of favoritism because the loud bullies didn't like their assignments so I threw up my hands and told them to redo it if they didn't like it. The military nurses got mad because I called in a military nurse and then management got mad at me because I offered a civilian to extend her shift so I wouldn't have to call a military nurse and deal with that crap for the second day in row. We were grossly understaffed with too many chiefs that did not want to be there on a holiday weekend and not enough people willing to compromise to make sure all the clients were receiving appropriate care. People weren't reporting off like they should because they wanted to leave and go home and it created chaos.

L_T...you know that way that only a nurse can be pissed off by other nurses? I was totally in that zone. Maybe I need a clinic position because inpatient is starting to drain me spiritually. And it isn't the clients...its the damned staff.

Oh yeah, sis, I know that way. And all the staff talks about other staff members in their absence - I really abhor that, because that shouldn't be part of the "work".

They tell you, "It's nothing personal." And you can see the lie in their eyes. You want them to shut up, but they just don't do it.

That's why I was so pissed of at the Alexians and at my old working place.

<hugs sis for good measure>

Here is my princess

Had her since I was 8. She's a 14 year old puppy :D

Very cute. :)

Ooooh, baby Cthunda :wub: I had forgotten about that account :lol: The image doesn't fit with how they actually look though. The cthundas are panda-Cthulhu babies.

Well, do not blame me, I did not set that picture. ;)

Who was it that created the account anyway? I never got that, was it Maid?

I wish I enjoyed soccer so I knew what everyone was talking about/what's going on. But I just...don't. :dunno:

I do not either. Does not stop me from posting nonsense about it. :P

What everybody is talking about is basically: Germany beat Brazil 7:1 in the world cup's semi-finals, so the Brazilian people are ... embarrassed, and the German fans are happy.

This is also about my extent of football knowledge. Football has to be one of the boringest sports in the world, I have no idea how in seven hells it ever got so popular!

Potato, WHAT???

LadyQat is on the mend. She's been a very, very sick girl. :(

Glad your dissection went well. 2

On a regular computer/laptop: CTRL + 0 (zero, not capital o)

Thank you Adara! Lifesaver!!!!

Just change your zoom level on the mouse pad.

Put your thumb on the lower left corner and another finger on the upper right corner. Tap both at the same time and drag both finger towards the center. You have to play with it to get exactly where you want it.

I am happy I didn't have to do this.

Works also with firefox ;) don't know if it works with IE, I only use IE on a new computer to download firefox.

Firefox is having issues with my flash player. I switched to Chrome as a result. Dunno what happened there. Not loving chrome so much.

Very cute. :)

Well, do not blame me, I did not set that picture. ;)

Who was it that created the account anyway? I never got that, was it Maid?

I do not either. Does not stop me from posting nonsense about it. :P

What everybody is talking about is basically: Germany beat Brazil 7:1 in the world cup's semi-finals, so the Brazilian people are ... embarrassed, and the German fans are happy.

This is also about my extent of football knowledge. Football has to be one of the boringest sports in the world, I have no idea how in seven hells it ever got so popular!

Thank you Buck! I am SICK AND TIRED of discussing a sport where nobody (except Germany apparently) ever scores.

Ah, Potato . . . Your highs are so high and your lows so low . . .

Helena is going to Tunisia? I missed that.

Have a great time Helena!

i'm the integration of cos x :lol:

as far as i recall yes, she spoke of this upcoming holiday, i hope she's having a great time .

You northeners woth your low humidity tolerance.

ITS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN + ARTHRITIS

you southerners with you lack of resistance towards cold !

I'm finally home and just had a rather late lunch.

Eira: no, it's raining over here - which is quite unnerving really.

hc: I could root for Germany, but I won't. ;o) I'm just waiting for the opponent to be determined in today's semi-final.

potato: the song is hilarious!

Bloody Brienne and The Hound arrived today.

I'm looking forward to the Sansa Pop.

hope you're comfy L_T :cheers:

i aim to please .

Good day!

Tato, thanks for finishing the last thread, it really deserved that mercy after dragging for days.

Crannog looks like a very rude impostor there in the middle.

great day , Bucky !

well, i dunno , it did feel nice to see Rhae's name atop the thread every time :wub:

nah, Noggushka is just fine :P

That's one great idea! *has coffee* Thanks, Bex!

Ufff... I feel an eventful evening coming....

come now , here i'll shine some of my light upon you :grouphug: as a matter of fact here take it all, take all my love :grouphug: :kiss: :love: :wub:

Here is my princess

Had her since I was 8. She's a 14 year old puppy

i don't understand how you're still single Mark , i mean i know the whole ginger deal but this is like the ginger antidote!

Both cooking and baking a cake today, for no special reason. I must be ill with something. And standing at the stove is not pleasant at all in this heat

Oh, I'm sorry, I feel very insensitive now That must be terribly sad to see so often.

The good thing about these hot days are the evenings, we usually have cooler nights so the long light evenings are perfect, just the perfect temperature.

I thought the Beer Boot was hilarious! It goes with milk too

i made lasagna *sexy food* maybe it isn't the best looking lasagna but damn did it taste beautiful !

you're one of the most sensitive people i know *hug* it's okay , you're kinda forgetting that i'm a dark person anyway , but yes it is sad.

well, yes the evenings are beautiful but i'm not able to get the family together so far >.<

Germans

Rhae...some times an uneventful evening is good for the soul.

Work rant follows:

Work...schmirk. The whole weekend sucked, everyone yelled at me, new employees accused me of favoritism because the loud bullies didn't like their assignments so I threw up my hands and told them to redo it if they didn't like it. The military nurses got mad because I called in a military nurse and then management got mad at me because I offered a civilian to extend her shift so I wouldn't have to call a military nurse and deal with that crap for the second day in row. We were grossly understaffed with too many chiefs that did not want to be there on a holiday weekend and not enough people willing to compromise to make sure all the clients were receiving appropriate care. People weren't reporting off like they should because they wanted to leave and go home and it created chaos.

L_T...you know that way that only a nurse can be pissed off by other nurses? I was totally in that zone. Maybe I need a clinic position because inpatient is starting to drain me spiritually. And it isn't the clients...its the damned staff.

hey Bexy ! i'm sorry to hear about that , i remember many a time when my parents would be frustrated over similar things , my dad had to reschedule a surgery once because the anesthesia crew wanted to get a day off so they complained that the patient had low hemoglobin levels so the nurse would put him as high risk on the board (he had 10.5 , perfectly normal) so my dad just ordered him a couple packs of fresh frozen plasma and forced them to do it 2 hours later lol

Potato, WHAT???

LadyQat is on the mend. She's been a very, very sick girl.

Thank you Buck! I am SICK AND TIRED of discussing a sport where nobody (except Germany apparently) ever scores.

where did all that southern courtesy go :leer:

i'm very sorry to hear this , what is it exactly ? i hope it's nothing serious :(

*'muricans* the sport is glorious when it's played right . also having played it myself i know exactly how much fun it could be .

ETA : oh, the dissection went smooth as usual , not to brag but i'm good at what i do , like really really good . my tiny hands are steady and sweet ;)

where did all that southern courtesy go :leer:

i'm very sorry to hear this , what is it exactly ? i hope it's nothing serious :(

*'muricans* the sport is glorious when it's played right . also having played it myself i know exactly how much fun it could be .

Sorry 'Tato! :blush: :blush: :kiss:

Sounds like she's gonna be ok.

Fun to play? Sure. Fun to watch? Clearly I differ from billions of other humans in this regard.

Fun to play? Sure. Fun to watch? Clearly I differ from billions of other humans in this regard.

I'm with you ;)

Firefox is having issues with my flash player. I switched to Chrome as a result. Dunno what happened there. Not loving chrome so much.

Is it Adobe Flash player? There have been a lot of updates and patches recently. Could be worth a try.

ETA: and tell Cat we miss her :grouphug:

I attempted to watch some last week. Nope. Can't do it. I don't enjoy football either. Actually, I'd rather watch soccer than football. My sport of choice is basketball. I love the Olympics as well, summer and winter.

I'm half German, so I guess I should be happy for them.

Sorry 'Tato! :blush: :blush: :kiss:

Sounds like she's gonna be ok.

oh , you didn't have to make me blush :blushing: :kiss:

that's good news

like almost every other sport , the brilliance is in split second moments that come every 200 passes . the hope that sparks into the stands when a player scores in the last seconds when all seems lost to despair and grief. what one touch can inspire

ahhh sorry to hear she's sick. Glad she's on the mend.. Send her my love if possible :)

you should tell your adoptive mother that you love her yourself you lazy bastard :P

I attempted to watch some last week. Nope. Can't do it. I don't enjoy football either. Actually, I'd rather watch soccer than football. My sport of choice is basketball. I love the Olympics as well, summer and winter.

I'm half German, so I guess I should be happy for them.

i played a lot of sports , like a lot . and yes basketball is awesome and i'm awesome at it :D

so many freaking germans :tantrum:

I just finished watching the last season of Friends, all-around impressions:

• Favourite character: consistently Chandler. He is really goofy with all his silly jokes, but always supportive in tough situations too. I think he developed most out of all of them, his personality grew a lot throughout the series.
  • Joey, on the other hand, grew dumber and dumber to the point of a caricature. Which was in a way expected, but they took it too far. The episode where he tried to learn French was downright embarrassing and IMO, offensive towards the people who actually take effort to learn something but English. It is like the show is glorifying stupidity or something. I am all for laughing at people doing silly stuff on TV, but not being able to repeat three syllables in a row - something Emma should be able to do at that point - and spilling milk all over oneself is just not at all funny, IMO.
  • Same can be said about Monica's growing obsessive order-keeping. Phoebe's wedding episode was awful. I was really really glad when Monica's plan collapsed. And Phoebe's snowy wedding was great.
  • The whole show seems to have some strange moral values scale, really. It is okay to make fun of a man with a PhD in phaleotology and laugh at "homo erectus" (seriously, who does that?) and at somebody not being able to speak French, but I did not notice nearly that much fun being made of a failed acting career, for example ... maybe this is just me again, but it really is, as I said, glorifying ignorance at some level. This is probably a very unpopular opinion. :leaving:
  • Although I did want Phoebe to stay with the scientist from Minsk when there was that Phoebe-Minsk guy-Mike triangle in play. Mike turned out okay in the end though.
  • Ross and Rachel ... obviously. :dunno: I like Ross way better when he is not all about Rachel.
  • My least favourite was the season, it must have been around season 7, that was full of retrospectives and just played on the sentimental memories of the watcher. It was like they ran out of new possible storylines, so they were inserting old shots again. This corrected later.
  • The theme song was way more appropriate in the early seasons than in the later ones. Obviously their lifestyles changes from where they were in their early/mid twenties to early thirties. A tenure at a university, a job in fashion wanting you in Paris are not "jokes" of a job, they were not so "broke" anymore (Monica and Chandler bought a house), and they kind of managed to sort out their love lives too - but it is still a cute song. ;) It was shortened some seasons in though, no idea why.
  • I loved the talks they had in Central Perk in the first few seasons, where everybody was just sitting there and they discussed how they percepted love lives and relationships and such. It sucks that this did not continue in the later seasons!
  • Continuity sucks. Ben never learns about his little new sister and does not get invited to her 1st birthday party - you would think daddy Ross will want their children to have a close relationship like he has with his sister or something! The Chick and the Duck :wub: disappear without an explanation and are only mentioned in the last episode. Rachel and Chandler are introduced twice (in the first episode and in a flashback at the Geller's). This is a big mistake of this show.
  • It is funny to see how better the quality of filming became throughout the series.
  • Also clothing, hairstyles, and technology. :lol: These baggy clothes from the 90s are funny to see now. ;) And how excited everybody was when Chandler had his first computer and Ross had a beeper and then some had those brick-like mobile phones. And in the end, they all have little mobiles and nobody is surprised to see a computer anymore.
  • I hated Janice at first, but then her popping in at random most unexpected moments got funny. :D
  • The last episode was sad and sentimental. :( Everything ended, they were saying goodbye to Joey like they will never see each other again. As an additional sign of ending and destruction, even the football table was demolished, very sad.
  • Gunther rocks. :commie: Just so.

Congrats to anybody who managed to read that all. :cheers:

LadyQat is on the mend. She's been a very, very sick girl.

I hope she gets better.

And you are welcome!

I love football and Yankball bores me to tears. Different strokes

What is errrrr yankball?

But they are the same thing, Americans just call it soccer!

Another storm is just now hitting us. As if last nights wasn't enough.

Not to far from me, some kids in a summer camp were heading to their shelter when a tree fell killing one and injuring 6 others. I can't even imagine

That is horrible.

We had a storm last night too.

Archived