Football LXXXI: As The Saints Go Marching Out

i so tire of the domestic dick sucking that landon gets for having played out his quality days in the mls. fuck off.

if mcbride had only played in the states, or dempsey, they would have scored plenty more goals than our supposed golden boy donovan. he is the greatest mls player the states has ever produced. he is hardly impressing me with that fun fact.

is a dick.

boy has he showed that team he briefly played for before being a giant baby and needing to fuck off home to the states where he would never really need to be challenged. fuck that guy.

All I've ever said to Lando: "Who are ya? Who are ya? Who are ya?"

Ha ha the Bayern coaching staff snub Caleb Porter's attempts to shake hands. Classy, Pep! One actual tackle in the match, and you're being pissy?

Apparently he was also pushing his players to not switch shirts?

A shame I didn't watch this. It sounds delightfully bitchy.

“I like the way he leads, I like the way he interacts with his players, I like the fact that he’s hands on and passionate and he runs the trainings,” Porter said. “I like the fact that he’s a guy who gets the most out of his players. He’s a player’s coach, you can see that. Guys seem to play for him, and that kind of fits my style, as well.”

Oh God. This couldn't have been better if Pep ran up to a young Catalan kid and knocked the ice cream out of his hands. The narrative is perfect.

Apparently he was also pushing his players to not switch shirts?

A shame I didn't watch this. It sounds delightfully bitchy.

I was actually embarrassed for Bayern. Nothing to do with the score line, though. Everyone knows this game is a sham. Pep getting entirely bent out of shape for a harmless trailing leg by Alonso takes the fucking cake for overreaction.

Not everything. They still have Fraser Forster and Emilio Izaguirre. Either would raise a few million. Berem Kayal, Efe Ambrose, and Charlie Mulgrew might raise a bit too. But it's not the Celtic team of the past, no doubt about that.

It's a sad fact, but the oceans of cash in the Premier League mean that while the Old Firm, at least, could once compete for players with - if not the elite teams - at least the lower level teams in the English top flight, now even Championship teams will offer higher wages and can afford higher transfer fees. Celtic have to put together teams relatively cheaply: £3m is a big transfer fee for them.

Yeah I was reflecting on Ajax actually. A year ago, they had 3 players left of a reasonable level:

Eriksen- Off to linger in the limbo that is Tottenham

Alderweireld- Off to Atletico Madrid

Siem De Jong- Now at Newcastle

Now there's really not a single player left that could do anything remarkable. And it's not like the above 3 were the shining pearls in world football.

Bayern & Guardiola are just so hateful

that tiny guy has such a provocative aura about him , i just feel like punching him .

in other news , there's been a few rumors around concerning Falcao and Madrid again , but now there's specifics and even a date , some spanish channels spreading i suppose but it goes 65 million , 5 years , to be announced 19th august . could be all smoke but who knows , it is Madrid after all .

The All Star Game thing is especially hilarious because normally not even MLS fans give a shit about it. Now the narrative is Pep being a jerk to a guy who idolizes him and we get to make jokes about how Bayern Munich couldn't handle the MLS juggernaut.

What happened to Victor Fischer?

Not much. An ok player so far, who knows if he will ever be more than that.

PSV has a much better player in Memphis Depay, I would be surprised if no team snatches him up before the deadline.

Today's previews (almost done with them now...)

Man United Part 2 - With Zac from Man Utd 24 who is excellent

I agree with most of what Zac has said especially the bit about needing a right wing-back who is not Valencia or Young. Hopefully Rafael recovers quickly and can have a relatively injury free season. I'm not so sure about the promotion of Michael Keane. Tyler Blackett looked the more ready of the two to make the step up. Competitive matches are a completely different story to pre-season games and I don't think that either of those two are quite ready yet.

Yaya is an exceptional player but if I had to choose one City player it would have to be Vincent Kompany. We are desperately short at the back and not only is Kompany's quality unqestionable, he would also bring much needed leadership to the backline.

Arsene confirming in his presser that United are indeed among the clubs who have bid for Vermaelen. Personally I'm hoping he goes to Barcelona rather than stay in England. It certainly looks like we're going to get another centre back then.

Archived