Football LXXXII: It begins with the Community Shield

Mexal

tiote is actually very good. when he has looked poor it is because there is no attacking force at all and it is him just trying to gather the ball before it slips through to what is often a very bad backline. tiote excels when there is a quality attacking midfielder (cabaye) and now hopefully de jong. it gives him the freedom to support the back four or the attack and not be constantly on damage control.

I think Tiote's alright, he's just a much more limited player than Wanyama.

Are Liverpool really bringing on Joe Allen in response to losing a goal and being unable to deal with Southampton's physical pressing?

Not the best performance from Liverpool, definitely lucky to get a win. On the plus side Lovren and Manquillo weren't bad in their first games and Lambert had a positive impact off the bench, which is what he's there for.

In fairness Southampton were actually very good as well as Liverpool not being great. Wanyama and Schneiderlin is a very solid midfield.

Yeah, at least I can enjoy the next game stress-free, whilst Alex, MC and Kair bicker over bad refereeing decisions and fall out forever!

To be honest, I don't mind if Newcastle get a bad decision in their favour. What's really the difference between beating them 5 nil or 6 nil?

Interesting to see how Cabella does, he comes with a bit of a rep.

I think Newcastle will be relying a lot though on Sissoko doing one of his 'Yaya Toure in a good mood' impressions rather than his frequent imitation of 'Yaya Toure without a birthday cake'.

Archived