Small Questions v.10087

Jon Weirgaryen

Why does Stannis offer the North to Jon when he knows Sansa is the rightful heir? Isn't he supposed to be super honorable? Sansa is not a criminal and would probably have bent her knee to Stannis. Granted it might have been impossible to bring her north but why does Stannis, a man of unquestionable honor and known to do the right thing regardless of the difficulty and the consequences, simply overlook her claim?

Sansa's location in Stannis' mind is either the red keep or unknown, she is also married to Tyrion lannister possibly pregnant and not a trained warrior and leader of men.

Not that I can recall. Hoster Tully used to travel to KL every now and then, and Catelyn at times accompanied him on his travels, though it is never specified if she ever accompanied him when he went to KL (I assume he travelled all over the Riverlands).

If she did, it was before Petyr Baelish' appointment at court (before he became Master of Coin), as she hadn't seen him since Riverrun.

Catelyn last saw Robert Arryn in 293AC, when the boy was less than 1 year old. It is possible this happened in KL, as it would fit with Ned stating how he had last seen Tommen when the boy was nursing with Cersei (and Tommen was born in 291AC, and might still have been nursing in early 293AC?). However, it has also been stated how Lysa spend her pregnancies at Riverrun, so it could have been there, if she had stayed long (or had become pregnant again, though that seems unlikely, as her miscarriages occured in KL and the Eyrie).

When Catelyn meets Varys, with Littlefinger, to discuss the dagger. Varys says "Lady Stark to see you again after so many years is such a joy"

Could this be evidence that Cat has been to KL? Would Varys leave his little birds unattended or was Cat present for Robert's coronation?

When Catelyn meets Varys, with Littlefinger, to discuss the dagger. Varys says "Lady Stark to see you again after so many years is such a joy"

Could this be evidence that Cat has been to KL? Would Varys leave his little birds unattended or was Cat present for Robert's coronation?

Yeah, that could be. I doubt that Varys would have travelled from KL :)

I remembered yesterday something like Catelyn saying that after so many years, she doubted anyone would remember her, but I couldn't find that in the books, and thus I fear that that was show only :)

But Varys' statement suggests that he and Catelyn did meet at least once before, and seeing as it is highly unlikely that Varys left KL, I'd say that Catelyn indeed would have gone there..

But like I said, that must have occured before LF came to court.

Yeah, that could be. I doubt that Varys would have travelled from KL :)

I remembered yesterday something like Catelyn saying that after so many years, she doubted anyone would remember her, but I couldn't find that in the books, and thus I fear that that was show only :)

But Varys' statement suggests that he and Catelyn did meet at least once before, and seeing as it is highly unlikely that Varys left KL, I'd say that Catelyn indeed would have gone there..

But like I said, that must have occured before LF came to court.

Noone recognising her is when she is travelling on the road with Ser Rodrik, and she sees the Mallisters ride past :)

If she had been to King's Landing before, I imagine it was Robert's coronation or wedding. Her father had been a key figure in the Rebellion. And LF wouldn't have been there then.

Noone recognising her is when she is travelling on the road with Ser Rodrik, and she sees the Mallisters ride past :)

If she had been to King's Landing before, I imagine it was Robert's coronation or wedding. Her father had been a key figure in the Rebellion. And LF wouldn't have been there then.

Yeah, I did remember the Malliser quote.. But in my head, I had it that there was another, so it must have been that she said something like that on the show... (checking)... Yes, it was the show I was thinking off (I suspected as much). There, Cat says it had been 9 years since she had been in KL, and that no one knew who she had been then, and thus no one would know it now.. she's recognized a few seconds later.

Of course, in the books nothing of such happens. She might indeed have been there for Robert's coronation, but it seems to me that that would have occured rather quickly after Aerys' death, and thus it might not have been the proper celebrated ceremony that it would normally have been. A celebration a year later might have been given, she could have been there for that..? That would be after the last Targaryen stronghold had been taken, and Dorne had come into the peace once more... In other words, after all the last bits of "war" had been cleared in truth.

Does the Faith of the seven have angels ? And is The Stranger Satan?

The Seven is supposed to be one "God" with Seven aspects - Mother, Maiden, Crone, Smith, Warrior, Father, Stranger. They are all supposed to be one, and are not the same as Christianity anyway, so would not involve Satan in any way.

The Seven is supposed to be one "God" with Seven aspects - Mother, Maiden, Crone, Smith, Warrior, Father, Stranger. They are all supposed to be one, and are not the same as Christianity anyway, so would not involve Satan in any way.

The Faith is inspired by Catholicism and the High Septon is similar to the Pope.

The Faith is inspired by Catholicism and the High Septon is similar to the Pope.

They aren't the same though, one is just inspired by the other. So any "devil" would likely not.be "Satan"

Anyway, R_T thanks, I'll go ask there.

Yeah, I did remember the Malliser quote.. But in my head, I had it that there was another, so it must have been that she said something like that on the show... (checking)... Yes, it was the show I was thinking off (I suspected as much). There, Cat says it had been 9 years since she had been in KL, and that no one knew who she had been then, and thus no one would know it now.. she's recognized a few seconds later.

Of course, in the books nothing of such happens. She might indeed have been there for Robert's coronation, but it seems to me that that would have occured rather quickly after Aerys' death, and thus it might not have been the proper celebrated ceremony that it would normally have been. A celebration a year later might have been given, she could have been there for that..? That would be after the last Targaryen stronghold had been taken, and Dorne had come into the peace once more... In other words, after all the last bits of "war" had been cleared in truth.

Yeah I doubt she was at the coronation, since Ned and Jon were already at Winterfell when she arrived. If they had all met up in Kings Landing for the coronation they would have traveled home together. Plus travel must not have been very safe immediately following the rebellion. Between Broken men and die-hard Targaryen supporters still trying to fight.

Archived