I must name my dog

Sivin

Ripley

I really like Ripley! Ripley is badass.

:thumbsup:

ETA: Actually, if Sivin does get the dog, he should probably live with her a week and find out what name fits her. It would be disappointing if she were named Ripley and acted more like a Frey.

I entered into an agreement today to buy a dog from a local shelter if she isn't claimed by Saturday.

She's a gorgeous Brown and White Siberian Husky, 2 years old. Also, she's got a weird thing in her left eye that's like half- heterochromia. Her right eye is sky blue, but her left eye is blue on top but turns to brown on the bottom. I've never heard of such a thing, but it's very endearing.

Surprisingly, she was very shy and almost skittish, but very friendly, while most Huskies are energetic and bold.

She's a bit overweight, so I'm hoping we can whip each other into shape when I get out of the army in a few weeks.

The only names I've come up with so far are Hilde, Freya, and Princess (she just seems like a princess). Obviously, I'm hoping for a few westerosi influences, but I'll just get it out of the way and state that she's not an Arya or Brienne of Tarth.

So, any help peoples?

Oh, and a picture. Please focus on the gorgeous dog to the left and not the hideous monster to the right. ;)

She's gorgeous ... I agree with Nymeria!!!!

Sandora.

But I guess you would have to burn half of her face, and that's not very nice.

Actually I'm kinda liking Princess Sandora... flexible because you could call her Sandy or Dora. Plus, the Clegane sigil is the dog, so.... I like it!

(And it works really well if you happen to be a SanSan fan) :p

What about Val? She's a beautiful, northern princess (sorta). You seemed to gravitate towards Nordic names, so maybe it could be the short form of Valkyrie. so I nominate Val. Not a mouthful like Nymeria, but def has asoiaf ties.

I suggest General Ruffhauser because I really want to get a dog and name him that.

Maybe she is a princess. My cat is a viscount. Viscount Vinnie Cornelius Corleone, more names, more names, titles, titles.

Dog aren't that pretentious. Name her Princess Something. Princess Ygritte...??

If you want a ASOIAF name, name her Perra, like Perra Royce, which means "bitch" in Spanish. Literally. Princess Perra Royce, titles, titles.

EDIT: Princess Nymeria sounds AWESOME

Cornelius was the name of my family's cat when I was born. I always thought it was a fantastic name for a cat. Should be more common :cheers:

Archived