Sansa the Stark Savior? I think not.

Sword of the Morgan

Winterfell and House Stark restored by Lady Lannister!! Blasphemy!!(i kid)

Well, if Joffrey wasn't the rightful King, them he couldn't have royal wards or compel them into marriages. Also how legitamate are marriages celebrated by other religions? Divorce by axe is always a option. Maybe she could have children with a wolf(like the Mormonts do) to continue the line.

Anyway you cut it, after the death of Red Power Ranger at the RW, Pink Power Ranger is necessary to pilot the secret giant (weirwood & obsidian volcano powered) mech under WF.

Let we clear the first thing here, Sansa is NOT a Lannister, she is Stark... I dare anyone to find me "Sansa Lannister" being used in the books, beside Stannis' offensive hypocrisy. On the other hand, I can quote numerous people from Brienne and smallfolk to Tyrells and Lannisters calling her "Sansa Stark". That clearly shows where she is when entire mess of her marriage is.

Second, "Stark savior/renaissance or whatever term we use" is not for a single Stark to achieve. This family is about pack mentality, they are wolves of the North and in such line, the Stark restoration will, IMO, happen. Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya and Rickon will all have different roles in restoring Starks to their full power. We can argue that Jon will be the political beacon upon which North will gather, Sansa playing the role of matriarch of the House, using both the Game and her natural kindness for certain goals, Arya giving some advantage with some murder, Bran with his powers. In many ways, this House has never been about the individual, but the pack, and as such, it needs to be restore. So, just as the premise that OP tried to reject is false, so is the premise that Sansa will be irrelevant for Winterfell.

Third, maternal lines count. And they always did. Just as Lyanna being Stark and passing that to Jon genetically is important, or Asha and her Harlaw roots, Stark children and their Tully inheritance, Mormont women and so on and on... And as such, it is not impossible to actually leave the option open for Sansa and her child getting the North (although, personally, that with many theories about her being QitN and so on are basically wishful thinking).

All the remaining Starks are children (Jon probably counts as a Stark too but he's not much more than a child himself), so they can't do much on their own. They will have to combine their strengths and will also need help from their loyal lords. Sansa will have her part to play but she can only inherit Winterfell if Rickon, Bran and Jon die, her marriage to Tyrion is annulled and she marries a northman. I'm not quite sure why there are people who want her to inherit ahead of her brothers.

Unless they're quite a bit older by the end of the series, all the remaining Starks with the exception of Jon will need responsible and trustworthy adults around them until they reach the age of majority. I'm in the Bran as KotN camp, but he's got a few years to go before he can rule without a regent. Even then, he will rule as part of his pack, including Sansa.

I would like to point out that anyone who says that Sansa's marriage to Tyrion needs to be annulled should consider the fact that Tyrions CONSUMATED marriage was never annulled, but simply forgotten about. So if anyone thinks they need to get technical about her marriage, all they have to do is point out the fact that Tyrion was already married, or that their marriage was never consummated.

Sansa doesn't have a lot of Stark qualities. She inherited a lot of Tully features. She cares more about the knights and the court and the pageantry of King's Landing than she does about the loyalty and indomitable will of the North. She tries building a snow castle of Winterfell and it's knocked down. She was written out of Robb's will to inherit anything inside of Winterfell. She doesn't have a direwolf. She told Cersei Lannister that Ned was taking them out of King's Landing, giving Cersei the knowledge she needed to sever the head of the Stark household. Over two books she is forced to say the Starks are traitors to the throne. She's currently working with Littlefinger, who brought down House Stark because his lust for Sansa's mother and carries Sansa around because she resembles Catelyn Tully.

Sansa is the least Stark out of the Starks to ever Stark House Stark. If she is the Stark to bring House Stark back to power in Winterfell I think I will Stark my pants.

Sansa doesn't have a lot of Stark qualities. She inherited a lot of Tully features. She cares more about the knights and the court and the pageantry of King's Landing than she does about the loyalty and indomitable will of the North. She tries building a snow castle of Winterfell and it's knocked down. She was written out of Robb's will to inherit anything inside of Winterfell. She doesn't have a direwolf. She told Cersei Lannister that Ned was taking them out of King's Landing, giving Cersei the knowledge she needed to sever the head of the Stark household. Over two books she is forced to say the Starks are traitors to the throne. She's currently working with Littlefinger, who brought down House Stark because his lust for Sansa's mother and carries Sansa around because she resembles Catelyn Tully.

Sansa is the least Stark out of the Starks to ever Stark House Stark. If she is the Stark to bring House Stark back to power in Winterfell I think I will Stark my pants.

I think you're essentially right in what you're saying but you're being too harsh. Sansa is more Tully and therefore I think it's more likely she'll play a role in the south but she still has Stark qualities and these have intensified after AGoT. She's not the naive girl she once was. She can actually help House Stark by being less a traditional Stark - she can play the Game of Thrones.

Maybe she was just Homesick. she has been through a lot since leaving Winterfell and playing in the snow reminds her of happier times. not everything has to be foreshadowing some future event.

only problem is that she was married under the Faith of the Seven, is also wanted for the murder of Joffery, and would probably need some kin to press her claim for her.

Sansa lost consciousness or memory and woke up on her knees with a great urge to build Winterfell, if it was to be a homesick vision I think GRRM would have written it in a different manner.

Unless they're quite a bit older by the end of the series, all the remaining Starks with the exception of Jon will need responsible and trustworthy adults around them until they reach the age of majority. I'm in the Bran as KotN camp, but he's got a few years to go before he can rule without a regent. Even then, he will rule as part of his pack, including Sansa.

Very very true. :agree:

The least thing the North needs right now is another boy/girl king/queen. They will all be instrumental, they all are exceptional but they all are children.

Ever heard of a Chiasmus? That's the literary structure in which 2 characters have inversed transformation. Arya and Sansa started the series in opposite positions: the former was more into the whole North/Stark thing, while the latter had her head full of southern ambitions.

But look where they are now. Arya is systematically forced to forget her whole identity (I don't think that's gonna happen, but whatever), while Sansa is grows more and more nostalgic for the North. Her building the snow castle proves that, and the fact it was destroyed was not her fault, it was because of the stupid Sweetrobin. Hell, her whole "I'm stronger inside the walls of Winterfell" couldn't be more obvious, or her wishing she could see Jon Snow, etc.

Northern Master Race sighting!

Oy vey. I'd recommend rereading her arc...she's moving closer to her Stark routes with every passing chapter. If I was a 12-year old, I'd probably be more drawn to the culture of singing, tourneys, and warm weather rather than creepy trees and beheading NW escapees. Yet by ASOS we see her drawing her power from the snow and building a model of Winterfell.

Anyway, to echo what Mladen said, restoring House Stark would be much more satisfying for the pack to achieve. Especially because they have the wizard, the assassin, the politician, and the wild card.

Very very true. :agree:

The least thing the North needs right now is another boy/girl king/queen. They will all be instrumental, they all are exceptional but they all are children.

Robb was 14 when he was crowned the king. Dany was even younger when she was proclaimed mother of dragons. The young dragon is also a other example. Remember, children grow up much faster in their world.

Oy vey. I'd recommend rereading her arc...she's moving closer to her Stark routes with every passing chapter. If I was a 12-year old, I'd probably be more drawn to the culture of singing, tourneys, and warm weather rather than creepy trees and beheading NW escapees.

If you are a rational adult, you'd do that too.

Let's be honest, life is more pleasant South on average. Unless you are weird and like endless supercold winters and living in the backwater of the realm.

Robb was 14 when he was crowned the king. Dany was even younger when she was proclaimed mother of dragons. The young dragon is also a other example. Remember, children grow up much faster in their world.

See, this:

And all of these people failed spectacularly, not surprisingly...

Robb and Dany and the young dragon and all the rest are a good reason to never want children anywhere near legislative/administrative/executive duties. Let them grow first...

Archived