TitanCon 2014 World reading?

Aegon III should be really interesting stuff!

And I really hope Maester Yandel lives to hand his book in person to ... King Aegon VI Targaryen in TWoW (or to Queen Daenerys I Targaryen later on). That could be funny indeed...

Then he'd better rewrite The Glorious Reign of House Baratheon, LOL.

Friday I read part of the history of Aegon III Dragonbane

Question: The Princess and the Queen only covered the first three fourths of the Dance of the Dragons (the war lasted two years and the story ends six months before the end of the war). Was it difficult to avoid spoiling how the war ended? Or did you just skip much further ahead, later into Aegon III's reign?

Is it safe to say that mini-Aemond caused trouble for Aegon III? Did the excerpt mention what happened to Jaehaera?

Ack, more pertinent question:

Aegon III came to the throne in 131 AC at the age of only 11, but reigned until 157 AC -- a good 25 year long reign. Sort of like Henry III after the wars of King John mucked everything up (came to the throne very young, ruled longer than almost anyone, was a good king, but spent decades rebuilding from the problems caused by past administrations). Aegon III was the youngest king until Tommen I.

Well the question is, we've heard that there was a regency council composed of both Blacks and Greens, so I took to calling this "the Regency Era" (in imitation of "Regency Era England").....is that even remotely an accurate name we should use? That is, did the "Regency" end - at least officially - when Aegon III turned 16, thus reaching the age of legal majority? Because in that case "the Regency era" was really 5 years of instability, for a guy who was king for a full 25 years...

So... anyone? I assume you all have returned home safely, and I'm picturing you sitting comfortably in front of the computer with a glass of Irish beer in one hand, sadistically pondering how much more time can you make those guys in the forum wait before losing any trace of sanity they may have left.

The answer is, we're already past this point. Please share!!!!

So... anyone? I assume you all have returned home safely, and I'm picturing you sitting comfortably in front of the computer with a glass of Irish beer in one hand, sadistically pondering how much more time can you make those guys in the forum wait before losing any trace of sanity they may have left.

The answer is, we're already past this point. Please share!!!!

:agree:

I mean... at least you could tell us if... dunno... Aegon III liked beets or something? Anything??

Hi,

Yes the readings where fantastic. I will try to give you details. but my memoery is v ery blurry and I'm not home yet. too busy enjoying my self for loads of words.

The view point charater was called "the Harridan?" He was listening at the door.

There was some kind of leader (unspecified who he was) trapped in a secret room at the very bottom of the fort / tower near a sea or lake I think. the fort tower was being attacked by a massive hoarde or long limbed ice creatures with freezing tallons and ice claws. The leader was trying to get the woods woman to cast a spell and help him escape. I think she hacked off his finger and fed it to her bird.

I Missed the bit where she "helped" the leader escape, was disturbed by a T-shirt crises sorry.

the next bit I heard was when the Harridan confronted the Woman also looking to escape. I think there was someting about the invading creatures eating faces.

Archived