Football: 3542 Pardew Must Go, Bring on Moyes

MercenaryChef

I see my boy Welbz has a goal and an assist too.

Despite the lack of goals, good game between Swansea and Southampton - I was expecting lots of nice football and it had that, but it also had plenty of squabble in it, which has resulted in a red card for Bony and Jose Fonte being extremely lucky that his wild swipe at Routledge missed entirely, because otherwise he'd be gone too.

Great little spell for Arsenal there with maximum damage inflicted (usually we would stuff up at least two of those chances). And the ideal people scored...obviously Ozil has needed a pick-me-up (when he was in that one-on-one I just knew he was going to miss, but lo and behold he scored) and his assist for Welbeck was also great. Welbeck's finishing on that one was excellent, it looks easy but those half-volleys from the 6 yard box aren't always that straightforward. And it's good that Welbeck has scored his first Arsenal goal relatively early, he wouldn't have wanted that one hanging over him for too long.

Even before the goal, Ozil was playing much better. Ramsey's radar a bit off but he's still getting into good positions. Welbeck looks dangerous too and has held the ball up and played short passes very well. Even Cazorla has looked okay, and Ox has offered some good options going forward. Now if we can just get through the second half without any injuries to our defenders...(yes I know I've probably just cursed them, but in my defence an Arsenal player is going to get injured one way or another whether I said it or not).

Oh, he's definitely going to be sacked eventually, but I don't think he's going now. Ashley evidently doesn't really want to and is holding out as long as possible, and a comeback from 2-0 down looks a lot better than losing points from 2-0 up - it's a nice dramatic thing where he can point to spirit or whatever as an excuse to keep him around a bit longer.

Eta: Chicharito scored two goals off the bench in Madrid's 8-2 win over Depor today. The first one looked like this.

Which is odd, because he never even looked capable of doing that for us.

Archived