Football: 3542 Pardew Must Go, Bring on Moyes

MercenaryChef

If Wenger doesn't play him at number 10 then he should be benched.

This is really what I'm saying. Even last season when he was still having decent games, Ozil wasn't affecting games like this, in the middle or not.

I've never seen the argument, especially nowadays, that a player who is a 'number 10 type' should only ever be played there. There are plenty who have managed to do just as good a job from out wide- the likes of Reus, Goetze, Silva, Hazard... hell, back in the day, Zidane would play from the left quite often. And again, Ozil's been good there before. I remember him playing there for Germany long before his performances dipped. Like Mata, who played wide in his first season in England and did so really well, this inability to play there is new and I don't understand where it's come from. His failure to do it now is as much his failing as Wenger's tactical one, and while I get the frustration of fans and, as I said above, think he should really be dropped entirely, I also see where Wenger's coming from trying to give him time to adapt.

Ramsey/Wilshere playing together is fine, but if the ball is put over the top like it constantly was, there is no way for them to get back in enough time because they're both so far advanced. Ramsey used to make runs from midfield and get into the box behind Ozil but now he's already there and he's clearly uncomfortable with that role.

What they really need to learn is to alternate and work together to cover both ends of the pitch. Wenger may eventually give up if they continue to play well alternately rather than at the same time, but even then I think he'll then try OxCham with one or the other before he puts Ozil in there.

I only saw the last 20 minutes but bloody hell that wasn't great. I've got absolutely no idea what Mignolet was doing for their goal. Is Valdes still available?

I hope so. Valdes is quality.

Moreno man of the match for me. That goal aside we looked much better after switching to the diamond.

That goal aside we looked much better after switching to the diamond.

We do generally but the problem is I don't think we're ever going to be remotely solid defensively with Gerrard at the base of the diamond. So basically if we're not going to be hammering sides I think we need to start getting better at playing 4-2-3-1.

What they really need to learn is to alternate and work together to cover both ends of the pitch. Wenger may eventually give up if they continue to play well alternately rather than at the same time, but even then I think he'll then try OxCham with one or the other before he puts Ozil in there.

Agree with that.

In other news Wilshere picked up an ankle injury apparently :leaving:

Came to post that in response to polish. Looks like Wilshere made the decision for Wenger. It's time that Ramsey and Ozil get dropped and Chambo/Campbell get a run, Chambo especially. If you have 100 million midfielders, do some rotating when players are on terrible form.

Liverpool are really caught in no-man's-land at the moment. We don't have the personnel for 4-2-3-1. We have the personnel for the diamond, but Gerrard is the weak link as DM and Coutinho is currently very off form, Allen is injured (need him back), Lallana is new and very rusty and Markovic is new. On top of all of that, we're missing our movement up front. Balotelli does not make runs like Suarez did and now Sturridge is injured.

We need to get a lot sharper in a hurry, with two strikers on the field and a higher tempo.

At least our full backs are playing well.

So it turns out the reason Jonas Gutierrez had vanished from Newcastle was because he had cancer. Did we know this before? Because it's the first I'd heard...

Good luck to him with his recovery, anyway.

Pardew told him to get fucked actually. He was told before his loan to Norwich that he was not needed or wanted at Newcastle.

I love jonas. His work rate and attitude were stellar.

Good luck, jonas!

Toughest game in our CL group is probably not the right time to rotate. Don't we play Chelsea next? That should be fun.

Off to work, will probably have a longer reply later.

Edit: Mexal, he's playing in a position where he's admitted he does not mind playing. It might be more prudent to question whey he hasn't done well on the wing rather than saying he sucks, because he can clearly play there, and has more than enough ability to.

I think it's been difficult to find the right balance in the team, which to me is more important than the formation we're playing, or the positions we're putting people in. It's up to Wenger to get it right. Wish we had seen something better from the team after half time yesterday, I don't think I'm going to bother with watching any of it.

You've got to love Jamie Carragher on Twitter--

Haha, brilliant

Pardew told him to get fucked actually. He was told before his loan to Norwich that he was not needed or wanted at Newcastle.

I love jonas. His work rate and attitude were stellar.

Good luck, jonas!

Adds an extra layer of interest to why Coloccini told Pardew to go fuck himself less than a month later. Gutierrez told to find another club after revealing his testicular cancer (poor guy :( ), his close friend Coloccini flips out.

Liverpool played crappy yesterday.

I must say I expected a lot easier victory against the team bound for bottom of the group.

The team is rather shaky defensively and finishing must be improved.

Still, 3 points are all that matters from this match.

EDIT:

Serbian media report that Jonas has testicular cancer and is currently in Argentina, doing chemo therapy.

Hope he gets well soon.

Saw most of the first half of Arsenal/Dortmund and the last 15 of the second and a lot of it was crazy helter skelter stuff. Both sides were pressing hard but even so the ball security was so poor neither midfield played as if they wanted possession. I haven't seen any stats but it was like both sides were either panicking simultaneously or trying to set records for lowest pass completion percentages.

Adds an extra layer of interest to why Coloccini told Pardew to go fuck himself less than a month later. Gutierrez told to find another club after revealing his testicular cancer (poor guy :( ), his close friend Coloccini flips out.

I thought the cancer and the being told to get fucked were separate situations.

This week should end pardew's tenure after hull beats us 2-0 at home.

Does anyone have shola's phone number? We may well need to give him a call.

Carlos Tevez has been really good for Juve since he joined up. Underrated transfer that I never really see anyone talk about. Very solid last year and off to a great start this year. Scored a couple good goals yesterday.

Looks like Bayern have a bit of an injury crises. Still going to be a tough game but I predict City to come away with the three points.

Robben and Ribery are out right? Still though they will have Muller and Lewandowski at least up front :D can't wait for that game later.

I think Schweinsteiger, Badstuber, Rafinha and Boateng are also injured alongside Ribery and (possibly) Robben.

Either way, saying City will come away with 3 points is a bit previous. We certainly could win tonight, but whether we should is a different question

Archived