Watch, Watched, Watching: The Shed and Breakfast Edition

RedEyedGhost

I saw Dan Haggarty on an episode of American Pickers recently and decided that I need to go back and watch some Grizzly Adams. I found the first season of it. So far, I have watched the first 4 episodes. The storylines are not great, but it's not a story driven show. It's about the animals, the beauty of nature, the messages ("work with nature and not against it"; respecting Indians and their culture), and the learning of a little history along the way. Also, it's a good show that my 6 y/o daughter can watch with me.

On a recommendation from these threads I just watch the French Crime film A Prophet. Great film, great acting and one of the best crime films i've seen in a while

You should watch Mean Streets if you want more crime movies or maybe that one is more of a crime lifestyle/mafia movie. Scorseses first movie and its really good. Much better than A Prophet.

we've just binged Longmire.... it has its moments... Katee Sakhoff is great, and I really like Lou Diamond Phillips in this too....

We are in the middle of a Banshee Binge.... might be the best thing we've watched since binging Deadwood

We're also watching the painful death throws of Sons of Anarchy.... Boardwalk Empire, the Strain, Outlander, The Knick, Intruders, and probably a few other things I cant think of

we've just binged Longmire.... it has its moments... Katee Sakhoff is great, and I really like Lou Diamond Phillips in this too....

We are in the middle of a Banshee Binge.... might be the best thing we've watched since binging Deadwood

We're also watching the painful death throws of Sons of Anarchy.... Boardwalk Empire, the Strain, Outlander, The Knick, Intruders, and probably a few other things I cant think of

Banshee is GREAT. I proper love it. Never thought I'd be so into an action show but all the fight scenes are great, the characters are almost all fully developed, intriguing and the plot has been pretty strong.

You should watch Mean Streets if you want more crime movies or maybe that one is more of a crime lifestyle/mafia movie. Scorseses first movie and its really good. Much better than A Prophet.

I tried Mean Streets a couple months back but had to give up on it - not anything to do with the film itself but on my Netflix the audio was horrendously out of sync all 3 times I attempted to watch it.

I'll give it another go in a bit

Never seen Twin Peaks. I've wanted to give it a shot for ages.

Wtched the pilot of Thick of It and loved it as expected. Hardly stopped giggling throughout.

I saw the first season of twin peaks last fall. And it is probably the most atmospheric show i've ever seen. Excellent soundtrack too. Maybe the writing is what i see that isn't always as good if you compare to the absolute best shows. It has a lot of cheese and some things that feel a bit dated. Good core characters though.

But its definitely worth to see. Im gonna see the second season this fall.

Twin peaks has a lot of faults tbh but it also has a LOT of great things about it. Great atmosphere and soundtrack and bizarre and likable characters and for season 1 especially an intriguing story. Love it.

Audrey Horne's eyebrows...are so beautiful.

I haven't seen Twin Peaks since it first aired and I was like 11 at the time. I probably didn't get most of what was going in so I definitely need to rewatch it. Bob scared the shit out of me, I remember that much.

Archived