Let's create a Dynasty.

The Fallen

I was reading about the Saudi royal family, especially Abdulazziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud. Do you know he took back Riyadh from the Al Rashids with just 40 men? Which got me thinking - is it possible to pull off something like that today? I wouldn't mind taking over some territory and styling myself as 'King'.

So what say you? Would anyone want to join me in this adventure? If Adbulaziz was able to do it with 40 men, I figure 200 should be sufficient, what with the military expertise we've acquired after hours of studying and critiquing Robb, Tywin, et al. military decisions.

I'll be the leader of this ragtag band of warriors, errm, freedom fighters. (How about Social Justice Warriors? How can anyone criticize us?) But I'll need a second-in-command, Public Relations Manager, etc. And when we succeed in taking our territory all my loyal followers will be given lands and will become members of the nobility. As leader, I will get the largest, most defensible, and fertile lands. But I won't take all of the best lands, I'll be generous. I want happy and loyal followers.

The first order of business is to locate a territory we can take. Any ideas?

France. Easy conquest, and lots of coal mining opportunities. We can eventually move into Spain and control trade in the Mediterranean, not to mention that Germany will prove a natural ally.

I propose that you allow me to be your minister of security/education. Dissidents will be culled, and children will learn.

I'll be head of your inquisition Sir Fallen. I will police the police and keep tabs on everyone. And nobody will suspect me.

And I'm cool with whatever piece of land. Although if forced to a choice.... maybe Australia. Lots and lots of land and resources. Or Mongolia. The Mongolians would never expect to be invaded and subjugated by a disparate group of Boarders. Also there isn't a lot of them, so policing them would be easy and there's loads of land and mining opportunities that would make a couple hundred Boarders extremely rich.

France. Easy conquest, and lots of coal mining opportunities. We can eventually move into Spain and control trade in the Mediterranean, not to mention that Germany will prove a natural ally.

I propose that you allow me to be your minister of security/education. Dissidents will be culled, and children will learn.

I was thinking we would start off small, but hey, I think we can take France with 200 boarders. You can be High Minister of Edumacation.

But my High Minister of Security will be Sir Slurms:

I'll be head of your inquisition Sir Fallen. I will police the police and keep tabs on everyone. And nobody will suspect me.

And I'm cool with whatever piece of land. Although if forced to a choice.... maybe Australia. Lots and lots of land and resources. Or Mongolia. The Mongolians would never expect to be invaded and subjugated by a disparate group of Boarders. Also there isn't a lot of them, so policing them would be easy and there's loads of land and mining opportunities that would make a couple hundred Boarders extremely rich.

I like how you're thinking, but please keep your eye on this Sir Gallows, my High Minister of Logos:

I'm in. If you need someone to design logotypes for the various army branches, secret services and death squads, I'll volunteer my meagre photoshop/illustrator skill.

But please, can we invade some place that is relatively warm and cozy?

Already talking about secret police and death squads. We want to be accepted by the larger global community so repeat after me: NO. DEATH. SQUADS.

Whatever place you end up taking over, please ensure that citizens from South Asia can get an on arrival visa.

I think we can make this work.

Now we need to come up with a descendancy claim for the territory we take.

(At least not for the moment.)

I was thinking we would start off small, but hey, I think we can take France with 200 boarders. You can be High Minister of Edumacation.

I formally request that the the department of Education include the keeping of lineages, and the interpretation of the law.

Already talking about secret police and death squads. We want to be accepted by the larger global community so repeat after me: NO. DEATH. SQUADS.

No death squads. ;)

I formally request that the the department of Education include the keeping of lineages, and the interpretation of the law.

No death squads. ;)

Woah, slow down there Pony. I think the record of lineages should be kept by the Minister of Culture. It should be easy as the important lineages start with us! I think you can have a High Minister position and a Minister position.

Interpretation of laws should go with the High Minister of Justice. I think I'll keep that one for myself. Are you trying to supplant me already?

Sandokan is to rule Sarawak!!!!

no death squads!!!

I think we'll leave Sarawak to the Sarawakians for now.

But what if they're secret death squads? Like really, really secret?

So secret that they're never seen? Like invisible secret? Non-existent secret? Works for me. :)

Archived