Football 3-4-1-2: The Sack Race Continues

BLU-RAY

Not sure if we've repaid the terms of our agreement with Man Utd for letting us beat them on the final day of the 2006-2007 season to avoid relegation, so I will refrain from making any predictions.

:laugh: I just read that Rojo is our only available senior CB today (I'm not sure what happened to Smalling between last week and this but hey). That means our starting pair will be two players who have never played that position for us before, and almost certainly one of them will be a complete debutant who's never been involved in the first-team.

That game should be a blinder. Both teams have quality attacks, neither team can defend for toffee. I think Everton have a slight advantage in that some Liverpool players exhausted themselves on Tuesday (I've switched Sterling out of my FF team for that reason. So expect him to score).

I wonder if Martinez will play both Lukaku and Eto'o in order to capitalise on that defensive frailty. And whether he'll sacrifice Scotland's Iniesta if he does.

Liverpool lineup: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Markovic, Balotelli.

Sturridge not on bench.

Edit: weird Sakho didn't make the team at all. Wonder if he's sick or something cause I feel he's been our best CB so far this season not that that's very impressive.

Good game so far. But it is frustrating to see Balotelli keep dropping back but then having no one to cross to. Through balls are useless at that point as the defense is crowded by then. I do like that he is having some long shots though. Need Sturridge back soon. The attack is lacking some pace and I hate the long crossing games. Good to see Lallana in the box, but I hope they find a tactic where Balotelli doesn't have to keep dropping back :/

Archived