''I dreamt [about Sansa] again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.''

Liaraeyne

All of the other items were a HUGE deal that impacted everyone in some form or fashion. Red Wedding, Balon's death, etc. Ripping the doll isn't in the same category as the other things.

Yeah, it's not but I don't see why GRRM can't include a small, irrelevant prophecy, just for fun. After all, those prophecies of that dwarf woman are just what she saw and she can't see what's important and what is not.

Nah, I believe this prophecy has already played out. Giant - Sweetrobin's doll with which he was destroying Sansa's snow castle. Sansa slayed the giant by breaking the doll. There is nothing more in this prophecy, imo.

That may be (although I would be seriously disappointed if it was). But I really like Le Cygne's notion, that even if the homemade castle and the doll actually was the vision, it still could be a foreshadowing of something that may yet happen. Fingers crossed it involves Littlefinger being separated from his head!

I think Sweetrobin is, but the "slaying" already happenned, with him & his doll and the snow castle scene.

Not all prophecies are distant. Remember the context. All the Ghost of High Heart's prophecies in that set came true (in a way) fairly quickly. Balon's demise, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding - and Sansa scene where she tears the head off his "giant" doll, and down goes Sweetrobin - the Lord of the Vale - in one of his fits. (And shortly after, down goes Lysa through the Moon Door - which some say is another possibility.)

So, let me get this straight - you actually think that the Ghost of the High Heart made those big prophecies/speeches that were about the following things that had already happened or were to happen in the future:

- The death of a king/powerful pretender to the Iron throne, killed by a shadow monster birthed by the red priestess of his brother

- The death of the King of the Iron Islands and self-proclaimed king of the North, probably killed by a FM hired by his brother

- The death of lady Stark, of the house Tully, mother of the King in the North, at the Red Wedding, and her resurrection into the merciless, vengeful leader of the Brotherhood without Banners, who goes on to kill many of the Freys

and then later, to Arya:

- Directly mentioned the death of the king of the Iron Islands

- The overtaking of Harrenhal by Gregor Clegane and the death of the leader of the Bloody Mummers

- The massacre that's known as the Red Wedding, with the deaths of the King in the North and many other people

- The Purple Wedding - the death of the King on the Iron Throne by poison

- A girl ripping out a little boy's doll??????????????????????????????????

One of these things is not like the other, one of these does not belong.

That may be (although I would be seriously disappointed if it was). But I really like Le Cygne's notion, that even if the homemade castle and the doll actually was the vision, it still could be a foreshadowing of something that may yet happen. Fingers crossed it involves Littlefinger being separated from his head!

I think it shall. :) All of the things she dreamed of are relatively straightforward but with significant consequences, as was this scene. There's a nice analysis here (near the bottom):

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchives/faq/prophecies.html

With this perspective, “the little giant” attacking “the gatehouse of Sansa’s castle” symbolizes a rape attempt by LF; but the savaging of the little giant means that Sansa will slay the giant by cutting his manhood.

The sexual imagery present has been discussed a lot. In particular, "Come Into My Castle" is similar to real life childhood play games which mimic the behavior of adults, sometimes even translating sexualised behaviors into a non-threatening, play setting (playing house, playing doctor, etc.)

What's interesting about all this is that in Freudian psychology, dreaming of beheading represents castration. Castration can be literal or simply represent a loss of power. So there's an off chance that the dream simply symbolizes Sansa bringing about Littlefinger's downfall. Since the rest of the GoHH dreams have been quite literal though, my money is on LF's literal death at Winterfell :devil:

The sexual imagery present has been discussed a lot. In particular, "Come Into My Castle" is similar to real life childhood play games which mimic the behavior of adults, sometimes even translating sexualised behaviors into a non-threatening, play setting (playing house, playing doctor, etc.)

What's interesting about all this is that in Freudian psychology, dreaming of beheading represents castration. Castration can be literal or simply represent a loss of power. So there's an off chance that the dream simply symbolizes Sansa bringing about Littlefinger's downfall. Since the rest of the GoHH dreams have been quite literal though, my money is on LF's literal death at Winterfell :devil:

Yep. The castle built of snow is winterfell. It was burned and built by Ramsay Snow.

Also I'd add that GHH refers to Cat as a fish, her personal sigil as opposed to the direwolf of house Stark which fits the theme you laid out.

Personally I really hate the idea that the giant is Baelish, since it's very clichéd in my opinion but I can't think who else it could be

Fish is not Cat's personal sigil. She had no personal sigil. It's the sigil of her family, the Tullys, just like the Titan of Braavos is the sigil of Littlefinger's family, the Baelishes.

Crow is not Euron's personal sigil or any kind of sigil. It's his nickname (it's not even "crow", it's "crow's eye"). And it was a necessary one to distinguish him from other Greyjoys.

The burning heart is not just associated with Stannis but also with Melisandre and with the Lord of Light. And saying that "a stag butchered a stag" would also sound stupid - you have to distinguish between Renly and Stannis.

With this perspective, “the little giant” attacking “the gatehouse of Sansa’s castle” symbolizes a rape attempt by LF; but the savaging of the little giant means that Sansa will slay the giant by cutting his manhood.

Brilliant btw, nice catch!

Though I don't rule out this possibility, I think it is not very likely. There is too much sexual symbolism surrounding Sansa chapters and it points to the danger of rape. The following quote is another example:

She dreamt of footsteps on the tower stair, an ominous scraping of leather on stone as a man climbed slowly toward her bedchamber, step by step. All she could do was huddle behind her door and listen, trembling, as he came closer and closer. It was Ser Ilyn Payne, she knew, coming for her with Ice in his hand, coming to take her head. There was no place to run, no place to hide, no way to bar the door. Finally the footsteps stopped and she knew he was just outside, standing there silent with his dead eyes and his long pocked face. That was when she realized she was naked. She crouched down, trying to cover herself with her hands, as her door began to swing open, creaking, the point of the greatsword poking through

There are many examples of swords symbolizing male organ in the text.

Though I don't rule out this possibility, I think it is not very likely. There is too much sexual symbolism surrounding Sansa chapters and it points to the danger of rape. The following quote is another example:

She dreamt of footsteps on the tower stair, an ominous scraping of leather on stone as a man climbed slowly toward her bedchamber, step by step. All she could do was huddle behind her door and listen, trembling, as he came closer and closer. It was Ser Ilyn Payne, she knew, coming for her with Ice in his hand, coming to take her head. There was no place to run, no place to hide, no way to bar the door. Finally the footsteps stopped and she knew he was just outside, standing there silent with his dead eyes and his long pocked face. That was when she realized she was naked. She crouched down, trying to cover herself with her hands, as her door began to swing open, creaking, the point of the greatsword poking through

There are many examples of swords symbolizing male organ in the text.

So you're saying she was afraid of Ilyn Payne raping her?! That's quite a stretch. Occam's Razor and common sense says that she was afraid of him executing her, which is what Ilyn Payne actually does to people, what he's known for, and what he did for the Lannisters, whose hostage she was.

If she was afraid of rape, she would be thinking about Joffrey or some of the other people who have made unwanted sexual advances to her, not Ilyn Payne.

Perhaps "slaying the savage giant" is merely metaphorical, i.e. Sansa might get the upper hand on LF by cleverly using his infatuation for her. LF's radical thinking (chaos is a ladder...) and sociopathic approach to life would definitely help the matter. So yeah maybe Sansa would kill the savage giant in LF.

So you're saying she was afraid of Ilyn Payne raping her?! That's quite a stretch. Occam's Razor and common sense says that she was afraid of him executing her, which is what Ilyn Payne actually does to people, what he's known for, and what he did for the Lannisters, whose hostage she was.

If she was afraid of rape, she would be thinking about Joffrey or some of the other people who have made unwanted sexual advances to her, not Ilyn Payne.

No. This is merely symbolism and Sansa is obviously not aware of what it means. People are rarely aware of what their dreams mean or how their subconscious works.

If you like it, there is more.

-snip-

Well, that was interesting. It is a bit plausible but somehow, I doubt littlefinger has a big penis. Calling it a giant, only because giant metaphor was mentioned in breaking through a gatehouse once; is a bit off. Anywas, I think Sansa would stab Littlefinger on somewhere in the upper body if he tried to rape her, thus slaying the giant. Cutting the penis off is out of character for Sansa. If that is what you meant...

If it was Hodor's though, that would be a different story...

Littlefinger sure has been a giant player in the game of thrones, since the beginning.

Absolutely. And there's also the comment from Varys to Tyrion about how a small man can cast a large shadow. Tyrion thinks Varys is referring to him and complimenting him but this could really be Varys referring to LF and how LF was the one who brought about Ned's beheading. LF is a savage and my money is on him being the Giant Sansa will slay. Which castle of snow is more of a debate for me. Right now it seems like they will be in the Vale for a while and there is a castle there named Snow that by this point is also quite snow covered. But that doesn't mean they won't get to Winterfell at some point.

I also don't think Sweetrobin is going to die. I have a feeling that this is one of those cases where everyone else thinks he is so weak and sickly that he'll die before long, but in the end he will live a long life. Sansa doesn't want to kill him any more than she wants to be married to Harry the Heir. My bet is that its the fact that LF wants to kill Sweetrobin that will actually give Sansa the final push to do in LF somehow. She's already feeding LF the "lies and Arbor gold" that LF wants to hear.

Archived