Best Bacon Cheeseburgers?

Nox Irradiata

Are you sure? I have a suspicion that everyone who likes plain burges > cheeseburgers are actually Martians...

Several years ago, I had the same worry, so I went and checked my birth certificate and it turns out that yes, I am from Pennsylvania, not Mars.

I suppose I take Ini's earlier comment about the quality of the burger to the extreme, as my general preference for burgers is nothing but meat on a bun. Bacon and jalapenos are my toppings of choice, if anything.

Other NYC burgers of note: Bonnie's in Park Slope. Had one of the best burgers in my life there. Double Windsor does a sexy burger. Fritzl's Lunch Box has, as Mr. X says, "a fucking awesome burger." Northeast Kingdom also does a great.

You're absolutely right! I don't know what has gotten into me comparing the black label burger to le parker, must be a brain-lapse. I heard of Bonnie's but the only time I ever step foot anywhere near Brooklyn is to get some Grimaldi's pizza and a view of my favorite bridge. Thanks for the suggestions! I will surely check them out this fall.

Burger Joint ain't a bad burger. But it's definitely not on the level of Minetta Tavern.

If you want a list of good burgers in Brooklyn, we could type one up. We'll also send you to Meat Boat, because everyone needs Meat Boat at least once in their lives.

i have captained the meat boat. i am one thousand times the man because of it.

hail, meat boat.

All bacon cheeseburgers are beautiful.

True...it's one of those foods that is just so good that even when done poorly it's still better than most things.

OP, the best bacon cheese burger I've ever had is "The Burger Stand" in Lawrence, KS. The fries are great as well, particularly the duck fat fries.

I really, really don't get the obsession witch cheese on burgers. Bacon I can get, but cheese?

I used to be like this, but then I discovered my problem wasn't with cheese itself, but with the abomination known as American cheese. It actually seems to take flavor away from the burger and just adds congealed grease. Depending on the burger, pepper jack, cheddar, swiss, even goat cheese can be wonderful.

Best chain loaded bacon cheeseburger that I like is a simple 5-guys double bacon cheese burger with everything

Best plain bacon cheese burger (just meat & cheese) is the double bacon butterburger w/ cheese from Culvers.

Best local bacon cheese burger is actually made at the Italian Pie Shoppe down the street from us. Holy cow are those things good and blow every other bacon cheese burger out of the water.

Father's Office in Santa Monica.

Jonathan Gold breaks down this masterpiece.

Umami Burger may be the outlet now exploding into a national chain. But it is Father’s Office that set the template for the modernist hamburger in L.A. with its famous no-substitutions cheeseburger -- a soft, oozing patty garnished with blue cheese, a pinch of bacon and a thick blanket of deeply caramelized onions, served with a dense thicket of arugula on a hard-crusted French roll. Is it OK to ask for ketchup, have it without the blue cheese or bring the kids to Sang Yoon’s beer bars? Not now; not ever.

Archived