Dating #18 - You might be a big fish in a little pond

Grrrr - mobile phone ate original post. Grrr.

Lily - I have no problem dating someone who has a job of which I dosapprove...iBanker owns, among other things, a medical marijuana dispensary in Colorado. Apparently, it mints money. I highly disapprove of marijuana - I believe my stance is well known...but, I have no problems with money. I will sleep well tonight, for sure.

I am at the plantation right now. It is lovely. Kalbear would hate it. The art of taxidermy is on full display. Turning around, I can see a turkey, two ducks, two more turkeys, a small mammal posed with a rattlesnake, 3 more ducks, a massive trout, 5 deer, and a Lynx. And that's just the living room.

When you enter the lodge, there's a ginormous elk.

This guy is loving the ironic use of the term 'living room.'

So, my friends planned a weekend getaway to the Poconos for next weekend. It's going to be all couples except for myself and my buddy's girlfriend's friend. I met her back in July, and I thought our chemistry was great, she's into a lot of things that I'm into (nerd stuff). The thing is, she was in the waning weeks of a relationship then, so unfortunately, asking her out then was not an option for me. (Not about that life)

I feel like we're being set up, so the pressure is on. I also think I may have left an impression on her, because she recently told her friend that she could see herself with someone like me. Had I not known this, I would have approached the weekend without any expectations. Now I feel like I'm on the spot, so I'm all out of whack about it.

I am at the plantation right now. It is lovely. Kalbear would hate it. The art of taxidermy is on full display. Turning around, I can see a turkey, two ducks, two more turkeys, a small mammal posed with a rattlesnake, 3 more ducks, a massive trout, 5 deer, and a Lynx. And that's just the living room.

When you enter the lodge, there's a ginormous elk.

... In the bedroom, I'm being watched by a bobcat, a huge ass turkey, and some kind of Mexican goose that is spotted black and white on the underbelly.

I feel like I've seen this scene in at least four horror movies :p

PSA:

Protip#1: If you like Asian women, don't go to the Asian forum on a dating site and ask

Are Asian women typically hyper emotional??

I would have thought them to be much stronger and more grounded but recent interactions with two (albeit very young) Asian women here, who flew the coup so quickly over petty Net related issues. it is an eye opener if it weren't so laughable.

Protip#2: When people point out that you're over-generaling all Asian women, don't expand the over-generalizations to include Asian men as well and tell people that we're just disagreeing with you because our small penises aren't sufficient to entertain all the hyper-emotional Asian women.

Protip#3: If you're 57 years old, don't put this in your profile:

I see myself as a bright shooting star. Everyone stops, looks up & gasps "Oh wow that's amazing!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like me again.. and they won't be able to forget me.. ever.

In fact, don't put this in your profile at all, regardless of your age.

Protip#4: Don't put in your profile pictures you dressed as a ninja handling katanas.

You're all welcome.

Protip#4: Don't put in your profile pictures you dressed as a ninja handling katanas.

Well, how the HELL else I supposed demonstrate my katana skills?

I suppose nunchucks, bo-staffs, and shurikens are out as well? Don't you know girls like guys with skills!?!

Online dating is just so hard.

PSA:

Protip#1: If you like Asian women, don't go to the Asian forum on a dating site and ask

Protip#2: When people point out that you're over-generaling all Asian women, don't expand the over-generalizations to include Asian men as well and tell people that we're just disagreeing with you because our small penises aren't sufficient to entertain all the hyper-emotional Asian women.

Protip#3: If you're 57 years old, don't put this in your profile:

In fact, don't put this in your profile at all, regardless of your age.

You're all welcome.

Please tell me these were all from the same individual :lol:

Oh I don't remotely care about the social media stuff, it just coincides with the other stuff.

And a lot of this, is I just hate dating. I like going on dates, I hate all the nonsense that goes in between and trying to read signals, not "overplay my hand", acting interested but not too interested. Drives me nuts.

I lack confidence in that kind of thing, but I also realize that confidence is extremely important. So I'm on the fake it til you make it plan. And I can appear outwardly confident, while being a nervous wreck. Posting on this thread helps me not mess it up by appearing desperate or clingy (obviously to her; I'm sure I do appear desperate and clingy on this thread, but that's the point)

Whatever happens will play itself out over the next few weeks. I'll just be extremely nervous until then, especially since I am having a very hard time reading this one.

I'm actually not remotely clingy or controlling once I'm in an actual relationship, it's just navigating the waters of getting to that point that leaves me overthinking everything.

Sorry to say this, but if you've been texting her for months and still have not been on a date, and when you ask her on what's obviously a date, she becomes a little more stand offish, then you're probably in the friend zone.

That said, why don't you just ask her?

Sorry to say this, but if you've been texting her for months and still have not been on a date, and when you ask her on what's obviously a date, she becomes a little more stand offish, then you're probably in the friend zone.

That said, why don't you just ask her?

We've been texting for about 6 weeks, not months. And she said yes to going on what was clearly me asking her on a date, which is why I was confused by her "stand offish" behavior. If she wanted to friend zone me, the point where I ask her on a date seems like the perfect opportunity...

We've been texting for about 6 weeks, not months. And she said yes to going on what was clearly me asking her on a date, which is why I was confused by her "stand offish" behavior. If she wanted to friend zone me, the point where I ask her on a date seems like the perfect opportunity...

It's also a fairly common place where people try and avoid being direct because they don't like confrontation. I certainly could be wrong though. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just interpreting what you've relayed. You still don't have an actual date scheduled, right? Or do you?

I think the part you didn't quote is the more important part though. Ask her if she's interested. Just waiting to see how it plays out over the next few weeks, when clearly it's already been on your mind for a while is probably not the best option. You'll make yourself nuts. If you are in the friend zone, better to find out now. if you're not then... Well.. better to find out now....

It's also a fairly common place where people try and avoid being direct because they don't like confrontation. I certainly could be wrong though. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just interpreting what you've relayed. You still don't have an actual date scheduled, right? Or do you?

I think the part you didn't quote is the more important part though. Ask her if she's interested. Just waiting to see how it plays out over the next few weeks, when clearly it's already been on your mind for a while is probably not the best option. You'll make yourself nuts. If you are in the friend zone, better to find out now. if you're not then... Well.. better to find out now....

Yes, we have an actual date scheduled for Friday evening.

Yes, we have an actual date scheduled for Friday evening.

Good luck!

It's possible that she's uninterested and didn't want to say no, but it's also possible that she's interested--and either way the date is a great chance to figure that out.

Just saying, I almost canceled my first date with my bf. I was getting over a breakup, had decided not to date anyone at all for a while, but had been flirting with him for a bit and was interested enough to say yes to going on a date. SO glad I didn't cancel, as it was an amazing first date and now it's been 3 years.

So just saying, if she's interested enough to go on the date, don't pre-emptively count yourself out!

Archived