Football, take gazillion - Arsenal injury crisis is still ongoing

baxus

Who's that striker with the yellow hair? He looks a prospect. Where did he go?

I remember being in awe of Gerrard at that point in his career. What a player he was

The Kid got lost somewhere on the way between Liverpool and London when he moved to Chelsea.

Gerrard was world class and one of world's best midfielders for years.

Aye. A few years earlier in the 2006 FA Cup final against West Ham, the "Gerrard Final" as it has come to be known, I learned to properly love, respect and despise the man. He was really something.

I have so many memories of this final as I had just gotten a tattoo in Edinburgh, my one and only and after 4 hours of pain, I needed a drink at the local pub which was showing this game. What a match!

I have so many memories of this final as I had just gotten a tattoo in Edinburgh, my one and only and after 4 hours of pain, I needed a drink at the local pub which was showing this game. What a match!

Yeah, I still remember it very clearly. The Hammers played their hearts out, and almost certainly would have won a trophy for the first time since 1980 if not for a marvellous performance from Gerrard, exemplified by that goal in the dying moments of the game.

The Kid got lost somewhere on the way between Liverpool and London when he moved to Chelsea.

In fairness, despite a slight improvement for a while at the end of his time at Liverpool, he'd been struggling for a while before that. It's weird how much his stock has fallen now, for a couple of years he was amazing at Liverpool. We've had a few good strikers but Torres more than any other just felt like it was guaranteed he was going to score if he got the ball anywhere near the goal for a while there.

Archived