The Lucky Charms Marshmallows, listed with their powers.

The marshmallows are meant to represent Lucky's magical charms, each with their own special meaning or "power." The following are explanations of the permanent marshmallows:

1. Hearts - power to bring things to life
  2. Shooting Stars - power to fly
  3. Horseshoes - power to speed things up
  4. Clovers - luck, but you will never know what kind of luck you'll get
  5. Blue Moons - power of invisibility
  6. Rainbows - instantaneous travel from place to place
  7. Balloons - power to make things float
  8. Hourglass - power to control time

The temporary marshmallows are what concern me.

If this generates discussion that's fine, but really this info was meant to serve as the important reference source that it is during the months and years ahead, after the world economy has imploded and things will get very dark indeed. For that reason and many others, this topic should probably be made sticky. (I know I have).

The marshmallows are meant to represent Lucky's magical charms, each with their own special meaning or "power." The following are explanations of the permanent marshmallows:

1. Hearts - power to bring things to life

Shooting Stars - power to fly

Horseshoes - power to speed things up

Clovers - luck, but you will never know what kind of luck you'll get

Blue Moons - power of invisibility

Rainbows - instantaneous travel from place to place

Balloons - power to make things float

Hourglass - power to control time

The temporary marshmallows are what concern me.

If this generates discussion that's fine, but really this info was meant to serve as the important reference source that it is during the months and years ahead, after the world economy has imploded and things will get very dark indeed. For that reason and many others, this topic should probably be made sticky. (I know I have).

I want to hear more about these temporary marshmallows and their properties. :wideeyed:

From Wikipedia:

• In 1986, a whale-shaped marshmallow was temporarily added to the lineup.
  • In 1990, green pine tree-shaped marshmallow was temporarily added to the lineup. During that time, the cereal promoted Earth Day with a free Colorado Blue Spruce seedling with proofs-of-purchase.
  • In 1991, the star and balloon shape marshmallows were combined for a short time. The red balloon featured a gold six-pointed star; The star was removed at a later date to make the Red Balloon and Star marshmallows separate.
  • In 1994, sprinkles were temporarily added to the marshmallows.
  • In 1999, the moon shape marshmallows were modified with the addition of the yellow curve line for a limited time.
  • In 2000, a "New Sparkling Rainbow" was added to the mix for a limited time. It was described by General Mills as "a sprinkling of multicolored sugar on a white rainbow marbit." This marshmallow replaced the original rainbow at this time.
  • In 2010, the swirled marshmallows were in Lucky Charms for a limited time.
  • Two new rainbow marshmallows were added for LGBT Pride Month, June 2013.

Recent changes to the marshmallows include the star shape taking on a "shooting star" design, the orange five-pointed star being complemented by a white "trail." In late 2005, another marshmallow shape was added, the "Hidden Key". It is a solid yellow marshmallow that resembles an arched door (similar to the shape of a tombstone; flat at the bottom, flat sides with a round top). When liquid is added to the cereal, the sugar in the marshmallow dissolves and the shape of a skeleton key appears "as if by magic." The tagline was, "Unlock the door with milk!" This "new" marshmallow type has been used in other hot and cold cereals, but with mixed success (from characters "hidden" inside a bigger marshmallow to letters appearing). In early June 2006, General Mills introduced Magic Mirror marshmallows. In 2008, yellow and orange hourglass marshmallows were introduced ( with a contemporary name for Lucky, the Emerald Elder) with the marketing tagline of, "The Hourglass Charm has the power to Stop Time * Speed Up Time * Reverse Time". As of 2011, swirled marshmallows and rainbow-colored stars have been introduced.

This use of milk to reveal the key that unlocks the secrets of the universe, it reminds me of Constantine when he stuck his feet in a bowl of water and this allowed him to unlock a gateway to interdimensional travel.

But he also had to use electricity. Hmmm, maybe the Electric Universe guys are on to something...

Whats up with all the extraneous marshmallows? Red hearts, yellow stars, blue moons, green clovers and, thats it, end of jingle.

Balloons? Horseshoes? wtf?

:lmao: so that kids will see it and instantly feel like they are missing out on something, so in turn they beg and cry for this flavorless cereal, to fill the void in their hearts.

(This applies to adults as well :p )

@Wolverine

You are not the only one :agree:

I might be the the only kid who hated cereal with marshmallows in it.

Nope...not sure I have ever even had Lucky Charms.

If I'm going down that path of hell to have cereal, it's going to be Apple Jacks or Honeycombs.

Bah humbug.

Like my stoic Presbyterian Scot forbearers, I believe that contemplation of the ineffable through cereal should be accomplished through plainer means. No razzle dazzle marshmallows or hidden keys (all too Rosicrucian for my taste). No, I ponder mystery through examination of Life, and, when deeper meaning is needed, Cinnamon Life. This is as it should be - crosshatched complexity with just enough sweetness to satisfy.

Bah humbug.

Like my stoic Presbyterian Scot forbearers, I believe that contemplation of the ineffable through cereal should be accomplished through plainer means. No razzle dazzle marshmallows or hidden keys (all too Rosicrucian for my taste). No, I ponder mystery through examination of Life, and, when deeper meaning is needed, Cinnamon Life. This is as it should be - crosshatched complexity with just enough sweetness to satisfy.

:bowdown:

I worship the ground you walk on.

Archived