US Politics: Election Day 2014

Ser Scot A Ellison

You have not come remotely close to showing how it would stop any of the individual cases of fraud you've presented and your flat out lies are getting old. Stop trolling.

Answer the questions, all you seem to do is dodge addressing issues head one. You've turned this into enough of a farce already, multiple posters have pointed this out to you. It's not possible for someone to be so dense as you are letting on and you've know what I meant from my very first response as I quoted the results of an investigation where there were found to be 5 causes of fraud. Do away with being purposely obtuse(this is the charitable interpretation), read the studies I linked in my very first response and answer one simple question.

1. Why do you think it's a problem given the results of investigations and studies(care to take a guess around how your opinion pieces differ from those?) which prove voter fraud is insignificant?

If you don't think it's an issue as you claim above, then there is quite literally no reason for you to support voter id aside from limiting the voter pool, which was you know...the whole point of the discussion.

First of all, 5 cases, that's bullshit. I proved a link where one women was convicted of more than five counts by her damn self.

Now, to your question...IMO any fraud is significant enough to do something about. And I'll add, it's significant no matter what party or election it effects. Voting is an important process with lasting results. If there is any way to prevent fraud without suppressing voters, I'll back it. And I'm not taking the bait about limiting the voter pool. That's bs and Obama said as much. I cited that also.

This ship has sailed bro

At least things are going better in my new home. Jerry Brown to have a historic 4th term, water bond passed, rainy day fund for education passed, and prison sentencing reform passed.

Yeah I'm happy with my state, and minimum wage propositions elsewhere did well.

Well, going by 90% of the posts in this thread, I guess this forum is simply woefully out of touch with the prevailing political mood in America.

I guess the fantasy reading community really is drawn largely from a very specific sub section of society. An overwhelmingly liberal sub group.

Oh yes, generic midterm ballot polling was 52-48.......small subset.

Well, going by 90% of the posts in this thread, I guess this forum is simply woefully out of touch with the prevailing political mood in America.

I guess the fantasy reading community really is drawn largely from a very specific sub section of society. An overwhelmingly liberal sub group.

Bingo

First of all, 5 cases, that's bullshit.

Stop...being...purposely...obtuse you troll. As you know, the 5 cases was from the investigation around your "zombie voter" claim that you furiously googled because you had not a god damn idea what you were talking about. Whoops, should have done a bit more research eh? Since you clearly haven't done any aside from what Rush tells you, here is some easy reading from the Brennan Center:

It is important to protect the integrity of our elections. But we must be careful not to undermine free and fair access to the ballot in the name of preventing voter fraud.

The Brennan Center’s ongoing examination of voter fraud claims reveal that voter fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is nearly non-existent, and much of the problems associated with alleged fraud in elections relates to unintentional mistakes by voters or election administrators. Our report "The Truth About Voter Fraud" reveals most allegations of fraud turn out to be baseless — and that of the few allegations remaining, most reveal election irregularities and other forms of election misconduct. Click here for additional resources on fraud.

Voter fraud is not acceptable in our elections, but we must find a balance and not impose solutions that make it harder for millions of eligible Americans to participate in our democracy.

Not sure what is so hard to comprehend about the GOP's stated goal of disenfranchising votes? The pattern of this and techniques have been widely documented. That has been the whole point of this discussion.

I voted today. I woke up this morning with my grandmother telling me to get up so we can "make sure the Republicans don't stay in office"; you see, Grandma Liberal Bigot has no idea that I'm not a liberal nor a democrat. I then proceeded to vote for the candidates that my research, conscience and anecdotes told me to vote for. The parties of those individuals were irrelevant in my sampling. I feel accomplished.

So? I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, I would say this board (which, btw, is not likely representative of the fantasy reading community as a whole) tends to have a different cross-section of politics than the typical American group. Are we supposed to just be quiet about our opinions and throw flowers for the new officials? I am disappointed and pissed off and not going to keep that to myself just because, oh well, it's not the popular opinion right now.

Going by your post, I'd say your reading comprehension is woefully out of touch with reality. The results are surprising to no one.

The math on this year was never in the Democrats favor.

Not a suprise but that was an absolute ass whooping. Looks like negativity can pay.

Even the voters who supported Republican candidates would have a hard time explaining what their choices are going to do. That’s because virtually every Republican candidate campaigned on only one thing: what they called the failure of President Obama. In speech after speech, ad after ad, they relentlessly linked their Democratic opponent to the president and vowed that they would put an end to everything they say the public hates about his administration. On Tuesday morning, the Republican National Committee released a series of get-out-the-vote images showing Mr. Obama and Democratic Senate candidates next to this message: “If you’re not a voter, you can’t stop Obama.”

The most important promises that winning Republicans made were negative in nature. They will repeal health care reform. They will roll back new regulations on banks and Wall Street. They will stop the Obama administration’s plans to curb coal emissions and reform immigration and invest in education.

Campaigning on pure negativity isn’t surprising for a party that has governed that way since Mr. Obama was first sworn in. By creating an environment where every initiative is opposed and nothing gets done, Republicans helped engineer the president’s image as weak and ineffectual. Mitch McConnell, who will be the Senate’s new majority leader, vowed in 2009 to create “an inventory of losses” to damage Mr. Obama for precisely the results achieved on Tuesday.

Stop...being...purposely...obtuse you troll. As you know, the 5 cases was from the investigation around your "zombie voter" claim that you furiously googled because you had not a god damn idea what you were talking about. Whoops, should have done a bit more research eh? Since you clearly haven't done any aside from what Rush tells you, here is some easy reading from the Brennan Center:

Haha, sut, can I call you that? I know your having a bad night politically, but no need to say such hateful things man.

You said that you debunked my zombie voter myth? If five cases are confirmed, is it a myth? No. It means that a someone, actually five someone's, cast a vote in a dead persons name. Fraudulently.

Now, would you like to cite my links that aren't "zombie voters"? Or you rebuttal about Chicago?

We don't have to have this relationship you know.

So? I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, I would say this board (which, btw, is not likely representative of the fantasy reading community as a whole) tends to have a different cross-section of politics than the typical American group. Are we supposed to just be quiet about our opinions and throw flowers for the new officials? I am disappointed and pissed off and not going to keep that to myself just because, oh well, it's not the popular opinion right now.

Nor should you.

But….

People that are happy about it shouldn't be made to feel like crazy, bigoted, racist assholes. The treatment that folks that lean right get on this board is less than… hospitable.

Archived