MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

That Padres-Braves trade seemed more about contracts than players. Padres dump Maybin and Quentin, Braves dump Upton, Padres get Kembrel for two prospects.

Just really, really weird seeing the Padres trade FOR a closer. Their philosophy has been 'we can build one' for some time.

That Padres-Braves trade seemed more about contracts than players. Padres dump Maybin and Quentin, Braves dump Upton, Padres get Kembrel for two prospects.

Just really, really weird seeing the Padres trade FOR a closer. Their philosophy has been 'we can build one' for some time.

Yeah, but it's Kimbrel. With Benoit working the 8th where he's been more comfortable over his career, that's a sledgehammer combo to close out games. Just get the lead and you're set.

Braves have already designated Quentin for assignment. They're trying to flip him to an AL team where he might have some modicum of value as a DH. I guess Maybin will be our new CF! I'd have been damn excited about that 6 years ago. :lol:

yeah. i got a bit emotional seeing him come up the plate and the fans rise to their feet to welcome him.

still certain we got rid of the wrong outfielder.

Indeed. I couldn't even be appropriately pissed he got an RBI.

I didn't know Prado was playing for Miami until today. I also enjoyed watching him during his time with the Braves.

Yup, he had some nice seasons. I would take him at 3rd right now over Alberto Callaspo (although in fairness, I'd take about anyone over Callaspo).

Yup, he had some nice seasons. I would take him at 3rd right now over Alberto Callaspo (although in fairness, I'd take about anyone over Callaspo).

It will be interesting to see how Fredi handles the platoons at third and left field. I wondered why he didn't get fired last year, but I guess they will keep him for the rebuild and then hopefully dump him when we are ready to contend.

It will be interesting to see how Fredi handles the platoons at third and left field. I wondered why he didn't get fired last year, but I guess they will keep him for the rebuild and then hopefully dump him when we are ready to contend.

I'd just as soon give lots of PT to the young guys to get them experience. Playing journeymen on a team like this accomplishes nothing.

Fredi's a lame duck for this year and maybe next. He probably wouldn't have survived a minor rebuild but this is scorched earth - no point in bringing a new skipper into that.

Shut up about your irrelevant team.

Hey give us a break, this is liable to be one of the few times all year we'll get to enjoy having the lead in a game.

ETA: Oops, tie game. :lol:

Archived