MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Really thought the O's were going to blow it. Ended up falling asleep on the couch somewhere around the bottom of the 7th, and we had won when I woke up.

EDIT: And boy did Karns love throwing to the outside of the plate. Even his strikes were barely in from there. Think both sides hit a player at least once, too, and lots of walks.

Seven shutout innings from Buchholz, two homers and two great defensive plays for Pedroia, a homer for Betts, and two homers (including a grand slam) for Ramirez. That's as good an opening day as you can ask for.

Well, I'm greedy, so I'd have also asked for Ortiz and Pablo to not have quite so many strikeouts. But otherwise, yeah, great start.

Holy crap, how awesome is Adrian Golzalez?

People in Los Angeles would like to know, but there's this tv thing going on...

Faith and begorrah... outscored 22-1. Pitchers can't find the strike zone. Batters can't find the pitches. Fielders can't find the ball.

What have I done to be tested thusly? I have maintained faith through all these times so dark... why???

Why you gotta be a dick about it?

I'm really not. I'm annoyed as Hell. This has turned into an unbelievable farce. I have the MLB package right now, so no one should shed a tear for baseball viewership experience, but it is preposterous in this day and age to live in the heart of a major city with the highest payroll ever and not be able to watch them when everything else under the sun is easily accessible.

Archived