MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

If you count the Nationals as a continuation of the Senators (and they do have the old pennants up at the stadium) its been 91 years since Washington won a World Series, and the past couple years have been the first time the Nationals have been relevant since they arrived in town. That's the sort of combination that can make an owner/front office push a bit too hard in trying to get over the top right now.

How does Scherzer get that type of money?

The past 2 years have been excellent.

Jaime and I were discussing this yesterday. We hate giving Scherzer that type of money if it means trading Jordan Zimmermann. Why get rid of your homegrown player who also happens to be your best pitcher and one of the best in the league to throw $210m at someone who really isn't much better if at all. It's idiotic and really annoys me.

The past 2 years have been excellent.

Jaime and I were discussing this yesterday. We hate giving Scherzer that type of money if it means trading Jordan Zimmermann. Why get rid of your homegrown player who also happens to be your best pitcher and one of the best in the league to throw $210m at someone who really isn't much better if at all. It's idiotic and really annoys me.

Yeah if they do this it would leave me scratching my head for sure. It would be a wash at best, but i think it would be worse than that as i would go so far to say that i think Zimmerman is better than Scherzer.

Yeah if they do this it would leave me scratching my head for sure. It would be a wash at best, but i think it would be worse than that as i would go so far to say that i think Zimmerman is better than Scherzer.

Ah, but isn't it Strasburg they are putting on the block, not Zimmerman...?

If you count the Nationals as a continuation of the Senators (and they do have the old pennants up at the stadium) its been 91 years since Washington won a World Series, and the past couple years have been the first time the Nationals have been relevant since they arrived in town. That's the sort of combination that can make an owner/front office push a bit too hard in trying to get over the top right now.

I don't, and nobody else should.

Ah, but isn't it Strasburg they are putting on the block, not Zimmerman...?

I've geard Zimmermann, Fister and Strasburg. Issue with JZ is he's a FA next year. Strasburg has one more year under contract.

Yeah Rosenthal has reported interest from various teams on all those pitchers. Losing Fister wouldnt be too big of a deal i dont think, and id rather see Strasburg go than Zimmerman. SS has always been overrated as far as im concerned.

Archived