MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Well, there's a reason there's only 1 DH in the hall; there's definitely a mindset against them. I'd put Sosa in though, along with all the best DHs. Eventually, I want to see David Ortiz in there (and I think he eventually will be. The overall numbers outside the postseason are pretty borderline, but that postseason stuff is incredible. Also, the press loves him; and there's the whole 'face of the game' think he was sharing with Jeter for a while).

Well, I'm against DHs in the Hall due to their only playing half the game...

But that wad kinda my point, if PEDs are not looked at asa factor, and you feel that being a DH shouldn't be an impediment to getting into the hall, then shouldn't he have a few more percentage points than 6.6?

Are the writers that against the DH?

Ah well... It isn't that important if Sosa gets in.

Well, I'm against DHs in the Hall due to their only playing half the game...

But that wad kinda my point, if PEDs are not looked at asa factor, and you feel that being a DH shouldn't be an impediment to getting into the hall, then shouldn't he have a few more percentage points than 6.6?

Are the writers that against the DH?

Ah well... It isn't that important if Sosa gets in.

Sosa may have more dingers, but Edgar amassed about 10 WAR more than Sammy, and that is even with the massive hit that DH's take as positional adjustments. If you would vote Sammy, you should vote Edgar.

Pitchers remain different. The DH remains an awful rule and should be abolished.

Why would you hold the fact that their team used them in a position that maximized their talents, within the rules of the game,against a player? That would just be silly.

There's also not that many full-time DHs, so most teams can use it as a way to give a player a partial rest for a day or two while still getting their bat. The MLBPA is in favor of players getting rest days as well.

Very happy about this Evan Gattis trade. The Braves got three prospects (two of whom have very nice upside) for a one-dimensional hitter who doesn't play defense. I don't understand the Astros motivation here at all, but I'm not complaning.

Also, Good-Rebel-for-life Lance Lynn got paid. Good for him!

Evan Gattis, when he was healthy, really helped me in my fantasy league last season.

Gattis can be a good situational power hitter. He destroys lefties and should hit a lot of dingers over that 300-ft left field porch in Houston. But he also tends to be very streaky at the plate and is a massive liability on defense. I'm a little surprised an AL team didn't go after him as a DH.

ETA: I'm not surprised that I'm an idiot.

Gattis can be a good situational power hitter. He destroys lefties and should hit a lot of dingers over that 300-ft left field porch in Houston. But he also tends to be very streaky at the plate and is a massive liability on defense. I'm a little surprised an AL team didn't go after him as a DH.

Stros are AL now, right?

Archived