MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Yeah it's official just hasn't been announced yet, is what I should have said. Semien is very versatile, although probably not a permanent everyday starter - but the same has been said for many players that filled gaps in lineups long term. Bassitt is projected to be a solid starter so it's a good deal for both teams - except as you said, all that was given up for Samardzija in the first place. I'm pretty stoked about the Sox so far and love that they are making numerous moves of varying impact. The AL Central is certainly a winnable division, so I have high hopes.

Edited to add: I think of all the moves that are made and how EHK would feel - and I think he'd be super stoked right about now.

Was pretty pleased and surprised that they landed him. Might have overpaid a bit, but their bullpen was so horrendous last season that they had to do something substantial. With this and adding Zach Duke, it really helps. Now with the Samardzija thing almost a done deal and adding another lefty bat in LaRoche - it's been an exciting offseason!

He's a good guy to have in the pen. My only complaint is he walks a lot of people things get interesting sometimes. I like the moves the White Sox have made in addition to Robertson. The Central is going to be really exciting next season.

Cubs are also in on Montero from the Duamondbacks as well it's said... not sure what he'll coat in trade though...

It's apparently a done deal. Details haven't been fully released yet, but it's being reported that one of the pieces the D-Backs are getting in return is pitching prospect Jeferson Mejia.

Damn this Lester stuff has me nervous. The Red Sox pitching is still really not good, and they need to get him back. Reports now seem to be that its probably down to just them and the Cubs at this point; with the Giants and Dodgers technically still in it, but it seems the fact that California's state income tax is more than double Illinois' or Massachusetts' is causing a major snag for them. A decision is still expected later tonight.

Ah damnit. Still, it seems the final Red Sox offer was only 6yrs/$135 million. He may have been willing to give Boston some sort of discount, but not that much. So, screw the front office for lowballing him.

Ah damnit. Still, it seems the final Red Sox offer was only 6yrs/$135 million. He may have been willing to give Boston some sort of discount, but not that much. So, screw the front office for lowballing him.

Fucking Lucchino with that stupid bullshit $70 million/4 offer last year. Way to insult the backbone of your pitching staff and a guy who's done all the organization could ever ask. I applaud Theo for metaphorically jabbing his thumb in Lucchino's eye.

Fucking Lucchino with that stupid bullshit $70 million/4 offer last year. Way to insult the backbone of your pitching staff and a guy who's done all the organization could ever ask. I applaud Theo for metaphorically jabbing his thumb in Lucchino's eye.

I heard the news on the radio driving to school this morning. I cursed pretty loudly for the next 5 mins. But yeah fuck Lucchino. And now even if the Red Sox do manage to land Hamles, they will be a 500 team at best me thinks. They still need a lot of pitching.

EDIT: Lester on why he choose the Cubs: "The thing I liked about em is it wasnt forced and wasnt a sales pitch. It was like, 'this is what we can do.' I dont want BS. I dont want show." Fuck Lucchino.

EDIT 2: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report--rangers-guarding-against-losing-russell-wilson-in-rule-5-draft-014028913.html

Dodgers in full on Yankees mode, grabbing washed up stars.

Reports are that they gave up little for him, and he's a good fit for the Dodgers. He's only got one year left on his contract and we need a bridge to Corey Seager.

And now we've traded Dee Gordon to Miami for pitching prospect Andrew Heaney. Don't know how I feel about that.

So something strange is going on. Dan Haren has said that he'll retire if traded anywhere other than the Angels, but it's now being reported that he's part of the Dee Gordon trade. So it looks kinda like the Dodgers are trying to force him off the books.

Archived