MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Looks like the Lester sweepstakes is down to the Cubs, Sawks, Giants, and Dodgers. I hope he goes to the Cubs.

There's always the chance that the Yankees, who have been strangely silent in all the free agent activity, swoop in with some ridiculous offer at the last minute.

Latest numbers I heard being thrown around were something like $160 million. Creeping Jesus! All because Red Sox ownership started out with that stupid $70 million/4 years offer last year. I bet if, at that time, they'd given him the $120/6 that is rumored to be their most recent offer, it'd be done.

The HoF voters are the worst. Some of these people have had their vote for god knows how long and shouldn't be allowed to hold a pencil let alone vote on the Hall. I've read stories about vendettas some of the voters had against certain players and refused to vote for them because said player was mean to then or refused to do an interview years back.

There's always the chance that the Yankees, who have been strangely silent in all the free agent activity, swoop in with some ridiculous offer at the last minute.

Latest numbers I heard being thrown around were something like $160 million. Creeping Jesus! All because Red Sox ownership started out with that stupid $70 million/4 years offer last year. I bet if, at that time, they'd given him the $120/6 that is rumored to be their most recent offer, it'd be done.

Don't be surprised if the Yanks do next to nothing. They spent a lot of money last off season and we know Hal is not George. If they stay somewhat healthy they should compete for the division.

Yeah, 'cause he pitched so great in the WC game this year.

He was doing okay through 7, but yes, the wheels came off in the 8th for him. His postseason record overall is pretty impressive. I'm sorry I said something mean about your pitcher who couldn't hold Pedro's jock.

He was doing okay through 7, but yes, the wheels came off in the 8th for him. His postseason record overall is pretty impressive. I'm sorry I said something mean about your pitcher who couldn't hold Pedro's jock.

Come on now, it's not Clayton's fault that Pedro didn't win an MVP. Going after him for it just makes you look silly.

Andrew Miller to the Yankees for 36 Million for four years. .

They also got their next shortstop of the future from the Diamondbacks it seems. Miller is a good sign for them, but it probably means Robertson isnt coming back. Nice moves, but not enough to change the course of the upcoming season i think.

They also got their next shortstop of the future from the Diamondbacks it seems. Miller is a good sign for them, but it probably means Robertson isnt coming back. Nice moves, but not enough to change the course of the upcoming season i think.

I'm not sure how I feel about Gregorious. I understand they needed to fill short but I liked Shane Green. Hopefully the deal works out. And I still want the Yankees to re-sign Robertson, having Miller, Betances and Robertson is an awesome pen.

I'm not sure how I feel about Gregorious. I understand they needed to fill short but I liked Shane Green. Hopefully the deal works out. And I still want the Yankees to re-sign Robertson, having Miller, Betances and Robertson is an awesome pen.

I wanted Miller but to pay a bullpen guy that much when he's only had one dominant season is fucking scary. The Didi signing is whatever, I hope he proves me wrong but probably not. I also hope they re-sign Robertson but things aren't looking good. Basically Yanks are just waiting for A-Rod and Tex's contracts to end.

I wanted Miller but to pay a bullpen guy that much when he's only had one dominant season is fucking scary. The Didi signing is whatever, I hope he proves me wrong but probably not. I also hope they re-sign Robertson but things aren't looking good. Basically Yanks are just waiting for A-Rod and Tex's contracts to end.

That way they'll be ready to trade all their prospects for Stanton and his contract right?

David Robertson signed with the White Sox for four years and 46 million. I wish the best of luck in Chicago but hope the Yankees beat him.

Was pretty pleased and surprised that they landed him. Might have overpaid a bit, but their bullpen was so horrendous last season that they had to do something substantial. With this and adding Zach Duke, it really helps. Now with the Samardzija thing almost a done deal and adding another lefty bat in LaRoche - it's been an exciting offseason!

I hear the Samardzija deal is done. Nice move for the White Sox. I don't know anything about the guys the A's got in return (Marcus Semien and Chris Bassitt), but considering they gave up a top ten prospect to get Samardzija this deal looks like another blow to the Beane legend.

Rumor is that Lester could make his decision sometime in the next day or two (Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, and Red Sox are all rumored to have made offers in the 6yrs/$150 million range, while a mystery team is said to have offered 7yrs/$175 million), and once he does the free agent and trade markets should heat up.

Archived