MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Ghjhero, what do you have to say about your boy Curt Schilling?

What do you mean?

Definitely prefer Toronto's side of the deal.

But don't underestimate Franklin Barreto. He's far away from the majors, but is a very high upside prospect who should be ranked in the top 100 fairly soon.

Yeah they won this one for sure. I dont understand what Beane is doing.

With the addition of Donaldson, does Toronto have a chance to compete in the AL East? I think their lineup is strong enough, but what about their pitching?

Lost his mind recently?

Well, I mean he recently showcased once again how insane he is.

Only a divine being could have created curt shilling. And that being is clayton.

Truth. Clayton moves in mysterious ways. We may never know why He created a creature like Curt Schilling, we can only trust that he has a plan.

He lost his mind recently. Went on like a two day twitter rampage over how stupid evolution is.

All i can speak for is the joy he brought me as a Red Sox fan, i couldnt care less what he does now. For all that i know about his current goings on he might as well be dead to me haha.

He lost his mind recently. Went on like a two day twitter rampage over how stupid evolution is.

It has been really fucking awful to watch his descent into madness. I can only speculate that the twin traumas of cancer and watching his beloved company get devoured by corrupt political machines have turned a formerly garden variety right wing blowhard into a real hate-driven Christianist ogre.

Mariners and Nelson Cruz agree on 4yr/$58 million contract. I like this move for the M's, though they should have pulled the trigger on Cruz last season.

Same, its great for them, with the exception of the Astros (and for them not much longer) there isnt a team in the AL West that doesnt have a good shot at winning the division.

If the Rangers come back fully healthy next year i predict the division will look something like this:

Angels

Mariners

Rangers

Athletics

Astros

I say something funny on Facebook about this: Umpire Dale Scott reveals he is gay in an interview in Referee Magazine. Sports world is shocked to learn that there is a thing called "Referee Magazine."

That's even better than a comment reading now "now maybe Angel Hernandez can come out as blind."

That's even better than a comment reading now "now maybe Angel Hernandez can come out as blind."

I say something funny on Facebook about this: Umpire Dale Scott reveals he is gay in an interview in Referee Magazine. Sports world is shocked to learn that there is a thing called "Referee Magazine."

Hahaha, awesome.

But yeah, good on Dale Scott, and good on the league for being seemingly aware and making it a non-issue.

It has been really fucking awful to watch his descent into madness. I can only speculate that the twin traumas of cancer and watching his beloved company get devoured by corrupt political machines have turned a formerly garden variety right wing blowhard into a real hate-driven Christianist ogre.

The fall of 38 Studies was his own fault. Well, his, and whatever financial advisors were helping him. Rhode Island certainly was boneheaded about the whole thing, but their big mistake was agreeing to give such a big loan in the first place, not calling to collect it once it was clear that Kingdoms of Amalaur was only the modest hit one should expect rather then the massive blockbuster success necessary to pay back the loans.

Although I do agree that seeing the company that he invested nearly all his career earnings into (so much so that he had to start doing TV analysis to pay the bills) fall apart probably did have a seriously negative mental impact on him.

The fall of 38 Studies was his own fault. Well, his, and whatever financial advisors were helping him. Rhode Island certainly was boneheaded about the whole thing, but their big mistake was agreeing to give such a big loan in the first place, not calling to collect it once it was clear that Kingdoms of Amalaur was only the modest hit one should expect rather then the massive blockbuster success necessary to pay back the loans.

Although I do agree that seeing the company that he invested nearly all his career earnings into (so much so that he had to start doing TV analysis to pay the bills) fall apart probably did have a seriously negative mental impact on him.

The project was probably unfeasible (it should be noted that the real project was the MMO that the MA/RI group was working on, not the single-player console game that the Baltimore studio shipped), but a lot of connected Rhode Islanders made a lot of money off the deal.

Rhode Island is a crime family masquerading as a state government. Schilling's lack of business savvy and desperation for backing (the scads of tech venture capital groups in Massachusetts didn't seem to be interested) made him a perfect patsy for the real movers and shakers in RI.

Archived