MLB Offseason : Awards Abound

kairparavel

Rumors over the last 24 hours have the Cubs going after James Shields and Jonny Gones along with Epstein saying they still want to bring a "big bat" into the organization (though whether Montero counts as the big bat is yet to be seen). I don't think the Shields rumor holds water though, that's too much money on two pitchers.

kemp to the padres.

i thought about it all day at work. it bothers me a lot.

when he should have won the mvp i was as loud as anyone that he had been robbed. when he was injured i was optimistic that he would return. when he did come back and started to find his swing again this last season i was happy as could be. i like the lad a lot.

yes, the team has a glut of outfielders. i would have wanted to dump crawford. but, crawford isn't going to command the trade value as matt. i may get a shirt this year that says 'why not crawford' on the back.

there is a lot of passive aggression in the kemp trade as far as i see it. we sent him to a nl west 'rival.' we said to the padres 'even with this guy you are are nothing to fear.' and to matt we said 'you are not worth us keeping, but you are not good enough to actually elevate a shitty padres team.'

there has been a flurry of activity on the dodgers this off-season. i just hope it results in something. anything less than a world series appearance will be a failure to me.

Seems to be a shortage of decent 3rd baseman this off season. I've been wondering who the Giants are going to get to replace Pablo, and it's looking more and more like it's going to be a farmhand. Not much out there.

But at least it's not gonna be 4 yrs of Chase Headley.

kemp to the padres.

i thought about it all day at work. it bothers me a lot.

when he should have won the mvp i was as loud as anyone that he had been robbed. when he was injured i was optimistic that he would return. when he did come back and started to find his swing again this last season i was happy as could be. i like the lad a lot.

yes, the team has a glut of outfielders. i would have wanted to dump crawford. but, crawford isn't going to command the trade value as matt. i may get a shirt this year that says 'why not crawford' on the back.

there is a lot of passive aggression in the kemp trade as far as i see it. we sent him to a nl west 'rival.' we said to the padres 'even with this guy you are are nothing to fear.' and to matt we said 'you are not worth us keeping, but you are not good enough to actually elevate a shitty padres team.'

there has been a flurry of activity on the dodgers this off-season. i just hope it results in something. anything less than a world series appearance will be a failure to me.

Really the most baffling thing about the Matt Kemp trade is the Padres trading for him. The Padres are not going to be competitive for a while, that is just the reality, and even if they have Kemp when they are competive, it will be an older, more easily broken Matt Kemp who, in all likelihood will be an even worse fielder and be in serious decline in the other parts of his game, not to mention they can't hide him at DH.

It's really too bad the Dodgers started demanding Paxton or Walker when apparently the Mariners offered a good middle infielder in Brad Miller and then some, Really overplayed their hand on that one. Now give us Scott Van Slyke for something reasonable so we can platoon him in the outfield.

Archived