What are you listening to? Vol XVII: Fragments of the past flash before my eyes

Ferrum Aeternum

More reggae at casa de Red. Right now, Steel Pulse.

Rollerskates

Steppin' Out

Fun trivia: possibly the most successful reggae act not from Jamaica, Steel Pulse inspired both the name of the militant vegan straight edge hardcore band Earth Crisis, and supposedly Matt Groening's decision to have Homer Simpson work at a nuclear power plant (the idea coming from David Hinds' hair... Reminiscent of cooling towers)

Check out some Horace Andy. Outside of reggae circles he's most well known for his work with Massive Attack, so you may be familiar with his pretty distinctive voice.

Skylarking

Let the Teardrops Fall

Edit: if you (or anyone else interested) should own a single reggae cd, make it Johnny Greenwood is the Controller.

I'll come back with some more later...

Thanks man. Loving Horace Andy, and now the MA connection is obvious, though I'm not sure I'd have picked it out on my own.

Blink 182's eponymous album is surprisingly good.

What's that you say, reader? Such a thing is not possible? The values "surprisingly" and "good" are by their very nature subjective?

Perhaps.

But why do you fight so? Let me ask you that?

I was gonna change this quote to say something really stupid, but then I realized that I didn't have to. You make my work too easy Spoono.

I'm playing Motorhead's Ace of Spades. I've never previously listened to this album. It is really cool. The music manages to be both brutish and complex without reliance on the masturbatory atonal doodling a lot of 80s metal became known for. They sound a bit like a freight train being drummed on with tree trunks by King Kong.

Archived