What are you listening to? Vol XVII: Fragments of the past flash before my eyes

Ferrum Aeternum

What are some great songs for wallowing in depression???.....ya know for a friend.

So far I have

-The Weight by The Band

-Broken by Jake Bugg

-Whiter Shade of Pale

-All the Faces by Creed Bratton from The Office(acoustic version)

-

I'd say about most of Eels songs would work well for this (although very occasionally he does do a song that's actually cheerful) such as Susan's House, Trouble With Dreams or A Line In The Dirt

What are some great songs for wallowing in depression???.....ya know for a friend.

So far I have

-The Weight by The Band

-Broken by Jake Bugg

-Whiter Shade of Pale

-All the Faces by Creed Bratton from The Office(acoustic version)

-

Tom Waits - Another Man's Vine

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - As I Sat Sadly By Her Side

Also, Morphine is great for wallowing.

Nice. One of my favorite tracks. Scratchs version is seminal....

Larry, if you ever want to discuss reggae, or just want some recs, hit me up, man. I like to think I have a decently rad collection.

I will certainly take you up on that. I love reggae but my palate is pretty limited; I love all things touched by Scratch and the Upsetters, beyond that I'm most familiar with Toots, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Dekker, and Dillinger. Would love to get some recs.

I will certainly take you up on that. I love reggae but my palate is pretty limited; I love all things touched by Scratch and the Upsetters, beyond that I'm most familiar with Toots, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Dekker, and Dillinger. Would love to get some recs.

Check out some Horace Andy. Outside of reggae circles he's most well known for his work with Massive Attack, so you may be familiar with his pretty distinctive voice.

Skylarking

Let the Teardrops Fall

Edit: if you (or anyone else interested) should own a single reggae cd, make it Johnny Greenwood is the Controller.

I'll come back with some more later...

Archived