Football XXXII - Wenger In, Out? Shake It All About

Spockydog

That chant. They have to stop. It's so, so annoying. Really hope some Southampton jump the barrier and start weighing this lot out. Fucking hell. They can't even fit all the syllables in without squashing the words almost beyond recognition. It's a shite song.

We got lucky there.

We were lucky, but our run recently, including tonight, also has a lot to do with a return to the old belief that we're capable of winning even if we're not playing well. It's very encouraging.

Whereas Southampton have the opposite. In all three of their losses to the bigger teams, they've had the opportunities to get something, but in the end have just lacked that little bit of belief. Very blatant against us and Arsenal.

We were lucky, but our run recently, including tonight, also has a lot to do with a return to the old belief that we're capable of winning even if we're not playing well. It's very encouraging.

Whereas Southampton have the opposite. In all three of their losses to the bigger teams, they've had the opportunities to get something, but in the end have just lacked that little bit of belief. Very blatant against us and Arsenal.

Yeah, I agree on that. This was the sort of performance that would have ended in defeat last season, or even the early stages of this season. Shows that the side is progressing and LVG deserves credit for reinstilling that old belief and fighting spirit.

Yeah, I agree on that. This was the sort of performance that would have ended in defeat last season, or even the early stages of this season. Shows that the side is progressing and LVG deserves credit for reinstilling that old belief and fighting spirit.

Yeah, things seem to be coming together for him. It would be a brave man that bet against Utd lifting the title this season, especially now Chelsea's bubble has burst and Aguero is crockled. Hills are currently offering 12/1 on United winning the league... Might be a decent bet.

away to leicester, how thoroughly underwhelming, hasn't been a single interesting game so far.

i think leeds at sunderland has the possibility to just be a chaotic affair.

some american friends of mine were regaling me today over lunch of being at a leeds match where a child no older than five was calling people cunts.

Yeah, things seem to be coming together for him. It would be a brave man that bet against Utd lifting the title this season, especially now Chelsea's bubble has burst and Aguero is crockled. Hills are currently offering 12/1 on United winning the league... Might be a decent bet.

Geez, they aren't that good ffs. Get lucky against Southampton and people start looking up odds...

i think leeds at sunderland has the possibility to just be a chaotic affair.

some american friends of mine were regaling me today over lunch of being at a leeds match where a child no older than five was calling people cunts.

That happens at every club to be fair to Leeds. To be unfair to Leeds, their fans are often particularly bad.

That's more because Liverpool were the platonic ideal of a one man team though. United will always be there or thereabouts no matter how bad they play (unless they keep missing out on the Champion's League and go into a longer decline - which I don't think will happen), but the fact is that they aren't playing well at all and you can only bluff it for so long no matter how much they get mythologised as this force of inevitability.

It's hard to believe Leeds were once a mighty club.

Two words that will blow your mind. Nottingham. Forest.

Geez, they aren't that good ffs. Get lucky against Southampton and people start looking up odds...

I've seen yesterday's match and I share your sentiment they're just not that good.

Southampton deserved a point at least, and were unlucky to come out of that game empty-handed.

United did do well to make the most of their opportunities and Van Persie seems to be getting back in shape. Last time they had those two things going for them, they won the League.

Eight point gap is not too big and United closing it is not that unrealistic. On the other hand, I don't see them outplaying both Chelsea AND City in the remaining part of the season.

Of course, we're barely through the third of the season and the remaining transfer window will seriously affect the second half of the season.

Any predictions at this point would be more wishful thinking than serious predictions and analysis.

Serbian media report that Serbian ref Milorad Mažić will be the ref of Roma vs City match.

You may remember him from last summer's World Cup, where he was the ref of Germany vs Portugal.

Archived