College Football 2014: The crowning of Mariota

Kalbear

(sorry about Ole Miss btw... I caught the end of it on ESPN radio on my commute home from work, immediately thought of your agony lol).

Haha, nice. :D I'm already over the loss. Sometimes you just get your ass beat by a better team and today was one of those days.

The injury to starting LT (and only legit lineman) Tunsil on the other hand is very concerning. Best case is he's out for the spring and back in good shape for the season next year. Worst case is he's never the same again, meaning an awful OL unit is no better next season.

Incidentally, that makes 3 key contributors (Treadwell, Tunsil and starting LB Denzel Nkemdiche) felled in the same season by the exact same injury - fractured fibula near the ankle.

The only football I have left in my blood for this season is through January 9th, when Damien Harris declares his commitment and by then should know if the Vince Morrow (our recruiting coordinator and responsible for much of the young talent assembled at UK) to Michigan rumors are true. That and a mild interest in hoping Florida State loses in the playoffs.

6 minutes to go and it is a one-score game.

yeah...i amended that statement at half time...they are certainly making a game of it. a game, for all intents and purposes, they never should have trailed in. however, if they can pull it off, a win is a win is a win.

Unrelated to the tcu game. Osu isn't very good. Alabama gas gotten better and better each week. The game us in New Orleans with a lot of rabid Alabama fans. This spells doom for the buckeyes .

I don't think location matters that much for this season. The best victories for Ohio State this year were away (Michigan State) and neutral (Wisconsin). The worst games were at home. And there won't be a lack of scarlet and grey in the stands. With the number of graduates pumped out of Columbus each year, buckeye fans populate like cockroaches.

I'm not that surprised about them getting gashed on d - gt is a really strong offense, easily one of the best in the nation. I'm just surprised they seem to be so inept against an average gt defense.

I'm not that surprised about them getting gashed on d - gt is a really strong offense, easily one of the best in the nation. I'm just surprised they seem to be so inept against an average gt defense.

GT is doing what Bama and OM did to slow down State, which is to stop Prescott from running at will. They are actually pretty one-dimensional when the QB run is taken away.

ETA: #CLANGA

Guys. TCU is a good fucking team. Fuck Ohio State and fuck Baylor.

Hey, Big 12 - we return 17/22 starters next season. All but one on offense and seven on defense.

patterson is a fucking genius. people talk about system players all the time and how that works out in the college game. TCU has a roster filled with system players. they are better than tOSU and baylor for sure...baylor is lights out on offense though, if TCU caught them on the wrong night then katie bar the door.

Ohio State by 14. The offense is humming and the defense has made huge strides since 2012. I'm unable to sleep. This game can't get here soon enough.

no way. tOSU doesn't stand a chance in this game. they don't have the offense; for one...they have a very good defense but they won't stop amari cooper. if they do? bama has way too many chess moves beyond that. kirby smart is a tactician, jones is gonna have a VERY bad day.

so says this auburn fan anyway.

Blasphemy. Dan Mullen is an offensive genius.

Nice to see their defense getting exposed for what it is, too.

i just wanted to stop for a minute and pay homage to FA's hatred of state...good on ya, dude :cheers:

when folk talk about bama and UGA? this is the type of vitriol i carry with me :)

i just wanted to stop for a minute and pay homage to FA's hatred of state...good on ya, dude :cheers:

when folk talk about bama and UGA? this is the type of vitriol i carry with me :)

Heh. :cheers: I can't stomach Bama either, but my State Hate is an entity unto itself.

Lots of great games today, but I'm damn excited for Oregon and FSU. I turned down a couple tickets to attend as the home viewing experience is just so good these days and I've been there a few times.

Yeah, this is the reason I don't go to a ton of games anymore. Doesn't make much sense to make a huge time and money investment when I can stay home and see just as much (if not more) of the action than I would in person.

Baylor/Mich St looks like a dogfight, although the Bears did pull away there in the 2nd quarter. Long way from over though.

Apparently. Remember when Auburn, MSST and Ole Miss were 3 of the top 4 in the CFP rankings? Good times, good times. So far the SEC West is 2-3, with the winning teams being Arkansas and A&M. Wow.

Archived