Scariest Movie you saw when you where WAY too young?

JRose1989

I can't remember the name, but I was 5 years old, so it was around 1977, and it was on television. It was some movie where the trees grabbed people.....scared the shit out of me. The worst part was we had a tree the had a branch that touched the windows so when the wind blew the branch would move and scrape the window...didn't sleep well for a long time!

That, and Dark night of the Scarecrow. I was 8 or 9 when I saw it. Not sure why but it scared me silly.

when i was about 6 or 7 my mom put me in this summer day camp program. It was a lot of fun as it was operated by teen volunteers. Without any parents' permission, however, they decided to take a field trip to the movies, and the movie they got all us little kids into was Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan.

Oh yeah, that scene in the bathroom when a character's peels off his face (or did I imagine that?

I think that was Poltergeist II, but maybe there was something in the first one. The second has the brother peeling off part of the face of his girlfriend's doppelgänger. That and the girl getting grabbed by her reflection freaked me out when I was eight.

Signs?

I feel like this is that AA/NA meeting in Half Baked where Dave Chappell's character says "High, I'm Thurgood. I'm here because I'm addicted...to marijuana..." and then gets booed out of there by the people who have been dealing with the serious shit.

Now we just need Bob Saget asking the guy if he ever saw A Serbian Film when he was ten.

Signs?

I feel like this is that AA/NA meeting in Half Baked where Dave Chappell's character says "High, I'm Thurgood. I'm here because I'm addicted...to marijuana..." and then gets booed out of there by the people who have been dealing with the serious shit.

Signs has the part where he sees the alien on the roof while comforting his daughter. For a kid that would be freaky as shit to think you could just look out your window and an alien could be staring at you from the neighbours roof.

Signs?

:lmao:

I can't remember the name, but I was 5 years old, so it was around 1977, and it was on television. It was some movie where the trees grabbed people.....scared the shit out of me. The worst part was we had a tree the had a branch that touched the windows so when the wind blew the branch would move and scrape the window...didn't sleep well for a long time!

At least I am not the only oldie on here. I also can't remember, was about 6, '77, on HBO. Was a female gladiator movie. Lots of T & A, but what scared me was the hacking off of limbs, heads, and 1 women had her breast cut off.

I remember watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was 5... I don't remember sleeping properly until around a week later when I realised normal people didn't use chainsaws to decapitate people.

Archived