Scariest Movie you saw when you where WAY too young?

JRose1989

I watched Dawn of the Dead , and the Friday 13th when I was about 8

I'm ok with horror/slasher movies tbh (even tho i'm not that fussed on them) I remember I was watching the Saw films at around 11 or 12 just the scene in Jeepers creepers with the people on the walls and then the creature biting someones tongue out of a decapitated head ARGH, now - i'd not flinch at all, but then I was so scared and disturbed lol

it's supernatural/paranormal ones that tend me weird me out now because the idea of ghosts absolutely terrifies me

I watched Chucky the doll when I was around... 10 years old

Since then, I always check behind the curtains everytime I go to a bathroom, even if it's at a friend's house. There was a scene related to that and I kind of got a little trauma out of the deal.

Oh yeah, I feel an honourable mention is due to watching Dr Who from the age of about 3 or so (not with parental permission, but sneeking downstairs when various babysitters were in residence).

Also from a way-too-early age (ie, younger than 25) watching Watership Down when it came out on VHS (so 3-4 years old) and the parents put it on to keep us occupied whilst they did something else somewhere else thinking it was an animated film about rabbits - they were right... as far as that thought went.

I don't remember being specifically traumatised by those; but that's almost certainly down to remembering nothing about life at that age.

Arachnophobia

I do not like spiders. Wikipedia is telling me this was a "horror comedy," as a child I can tell you I did not see the comedy. I'm not going to watch again to reassess.

You know a good horror comedy?..... Coraline

the move was made with children in mind, but seriously, both the book and the film (with Tim B's signature touch) were kind of creepy

I enjoy it still, but it was definitely too dark of a story for my seven yr old sister....

The Excorcist when I was 8 because all my gran had heard about it was that it was a classic and thought that me and my brothers should be introduced to more classic cinema

Scary movies didn't really bother me, the movie Sleepers disturbed me pretty bad when I was a wee lad tho

Is that the one where Kevin Bacon's a right rapey bastard? If so yeah that was a disturbing watch as a child

You know a good horror comedy?..... Coraline

the move was made with children in mind, but seriously, both the book and the film (with Tim B's signature touch) were kind of creepy

I enjoy it still, but it was definitely too dark of a story for my seven yr old sister....

Oh yea, I saw that in 3D in theaters (and very stoned). Enjoyable.

Not a movie but an illustrated concept album - the Woodroffe/Greenslade collaboration The Pentateuch of the Cosmogony, which my parents acquired when I was 4, and for some damn reason let me look at even though it contained pictures like this and this (WARNING: nasty!).

And still The Wrath Of Khan was the source of plenty more nightmares, so meh.

The same. But that's because for a while during my childhood and early adulthood I suffered from pupaphobia and pediophobia, the fear of puppets and dolls, and to be honest the possessed clown doll still weirds me out a bit. Gore and violence I never had a problem with; it's a more subtle sense of the uncanny that has tended to stay with me as an adult from the things I watched as a child, but those weren't necessarily particularly graphic films.

I believe I was 4 when I saw American Werewolf in London. I nightmares about that movie for years. Then I watched Alien when I was 5-6 and was so freaked by the movie that I couldn't even keep the toy that I owned previous to the movie (it was a 2 foot tall Alien figure. You hit a lever in the back of it's head and the little teeth came out. I used to battle it with my Godzilla figure, lol).

Growing up we used to spend Saturday night's watching horror movies. My mom, aunt and 2 cousins would all rent 4-5 scary movies, make some popcorn and homemade fudge, then huddle on the couch with a blanket and watch all of them. We watched greats like Friday the 13th, Exorcist and Poltergiest, but the movie that always stuck with me from those days was really lame.

It was Silent Night Deadly Night. A movie about a psycho dressing up like Santa and killing people for being "naughty". I still believed in Santa at the time and that movie scared the crap out of me.

Archived