Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion: The reboot

protar

I'd never considered that War Machine may die, but it does make sense that Tony being partially responsible for his friends death would drive him to essentially take that friends place as a tool of the government.

Also of course they'd kill the black guy first.

I'd never considered that War Machine may die, but it does make sense that Tony being partially responsible for his friends death would drive him to essentially take that friends place as a tool of the government.

Also of course they'd kill the black guy first.

Nastier still if Ultron is the old war machine armour and it killed Rhodey while he was in it. Or still in it.

Per Latino Review, latest rumor is that Spidey in Avengers: Infinity War is a done deal -- he'll be re-cast. There's some other rumors about how phase 3 will shape up, too...

Cap dies at the end of Civil War, completely different Avengers team in Infinity War 1, and a re-assembling of the old team -- including a resurrected Cap -- for Infinity War 2.

Per Latino Review, latest rumor is that Spidey in Avengers: Infinity War is a done deal -- he'll be re-cast. There's some other rumors about how phase 3 will shape up, too...

Cap dies at the end of Civil War, completely different Avengers team in Infinity War 1, and a re-assembling of the old team -- including a resurrected Cap -- for Infinity War 2.

I thought Barnes was supposed to take over as Captain America after Evans' deal was up? You're sure it's a resurrected Steve Rodgers and not a new guy resurrecting the Captain America persona? I'd say I'd rather they not cheapen death like that, but they've already done it with Coulson.

I thought Barnes was supposed to take over as Captain America after Evans' deal was up? You're sure it's a resurrected Steve Rodgers and not a new guy resurrecting the Captain America persona? I'd say I'd rather they not cheapen death like that, but they've already done it with Coulson.

Take it with a grain of salt, as Latino Review is where you go for rumors, not necessarily news. The person reporting it is allegedly known for his scoops, though. He claims it's Cap whom is resurrected. It doesn't negate the possibility for Bucky or Falcon to take the identity in the meantime, albeit, it'll only be for a movie or two...unless the plan is to bring back Evans, but not have him actually become Cap again.

Cap being killed by Crossbones (working for Hydra) is very plausible, and it would make sense for him to be resurrected with the whole Infinity thing. I wonder if they will divide the teams in 2 like the comics did, with one team being the Iron Man side and the other the Cap side, now lead by someone else (probably Hawkeye)

I can see it working with a more limited cast. The thing is, they don't have to do the stuff the comics storyline did. It's a single movie, not a comics crossover event. They can have things play out very differently - in fact, a tight focus on a (relatively) small cast and a limited number of key events makes more sense.

They can always bring the Netflix crowd to make the numbers.

Steve's Resurrection - if that does indeed happen - could merely be a temporary deal. I think it would cheapen the entire franchise if he was permanently bought back from the dead.

these rumours have been going around since just before Avengers: infinity was announced as a two parter. Now there's just a little more juice to them but to say Cap may die at end of Civil War could just be taking ideas from the comic. The fact that the last film followed Brubaker's comic relatively closely and the fact they have Bucky back (with a 9 film deal) has me inclined to think the rumours may pan out.

how much do you bet that some/all of the Guardians will be in the non-avengers, avengers film? Stick the new phase III characters in for good luck too on some intergalactic mission. Should fit Ms Marvel perfectly. Dr Strange and Ant-man might be trickier.

True to form, Latino Reviews' "scoop" seems to be baseless. SHH is posted an update after digging around on their own.

SuperHeroHype has reached out to a variety of sources, all of whom claim that the following is no more than a rumor. Although it would certainly be a fun team-up, don’t expect Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anytime soon.

While their retraction doesn't mention the character death spoilered above, I don't see what the possibility is any more real now than when that rumor started years ago.

It may happen. May not. We'll see. :)

Can't wait.

True to form, Latino Reviews' "scoop" seems to be baseless. SHH is posted an update after digging around on their own.

While their retraction doesn't mention the character death spoilered above, I don't see what the possibility is any more real now than when that rumor started years ago.

It may happen. May not. We'll see. :)

Can't wait.

They'll have got a load of clicks, so they're happy. And as long as people fall for it there's no reason for them not to keep pulling these stunts,

I had never considered before that Tony might know Peggy Carter. From an interview with the guys writing Civil War:

"As we have not started shooting, and I’m on my fourth draft of many, that question of who Peggy was to Tony Stark has been in and out all over the place so who knows," says McFeely. "So many things can shake out but we’ve had conversations and we pitched scenes. Some stay and some don’t. But we saw Peggy in Winter Soldier, so we know she’s around"

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43174

I had never considered before that Tony might know Peggy Carter. From an interview with the guys writing Civil War:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43174

Hopefully not his mother! Although that would make more sense than the comic storyline where it turns out he's adopted. Oh no - maybe she is Tony's mum but for some convoluted nonsense Stark Sr pretends to be his dad and keeps it a secret who is mum is. Seems to be something Starks are prone to :P

If Tony does know Peggy it seems a little bit odd he never shares this with Cap America. Not impossible they haven't made the connection, I guess. Thankfully it seems hard to believe she could be his mum timewise. Even if she was only in her early twenties she'd have had to have been 40+ before having Tony. Again, not impossible.

His moms name was mentioned in the first IM movie and that she and Howard died in a car accident together.

Not that that would preclude some shenanigans with his parentage of course.

His moms name was mentioned in the first IM movie and that she and Howard died in a car accident together.

Not that that would preclude some shenanigans with his parentage of course.

certainly not when comic book logic is at hand. At the least it wasn't an accident - followed by they never died. The extreme being - they weren't his parents.

certainly not when comic book logic is at hand. At the least it wasn't an accident - followed by they never died. The extreme being - they weren't his parents.

Actually, the Iron Man comic tried the latter recently, that Tony was adopted- in other words, Howard Stark,the greatest engineering and tech genius in the world adopted some random boy and he turned out to be an even greater engineering and tech genius (that looks a lot like him).

The odds of this happening are about the same as Isaac Newton adopting some random boy and he growing up to be Stephen Hawking or Bjorn Borg adopting some random kid and it growing up to be Rafael Nadal, but they still tried. Of course, every other comic ignored that story completely and it became one of those things no one talks about again.

Yeah, I was referring to the weird development in the comic as a "god knows what shit they could pull in the MCU if they went the way of the comics".

While nurture could generate an adopted kid as smart as daddy stark (money will have got him the best training and have a genius mentor can go a long way) it doesn't really answer how they look exactly the same. You can also bet at some point in comics history there has been a scene where he was able to get access to some of his dad's research based on DNA-similarities.

Yeah, I was referring to the weird development in the comic as a "god knows what shit they could pull in the MCU if they went the way of the comics".

While nurture could generate an adopted kid as smart as daddy stark (money will have got him the best training and have a genius mentor can go a long way) it doesn't really answer how they look exactly the same. You can also bet at some point in comics history there has been a scene where he was able to get access to some of his dad's research based on DNA-similarities.

Nah, nurture doesn't make you a genius. It can explain Tony's interest in engineering, and would work if Howard Stark was a genius and Tony became a good or decent one, or the opposite even, but the odds of someone in that level appearing in the same family without a genetic connection to make it more likely are astronomically low. Clearly the writer didn't put much thought into it.

Nah, nurture doesn't make you a genius. It can explain Tony's interest in engineering, and would work if Howard Stark was a genius and Tony became a good or decent one, or the opposite even, but the odds of someone in that level appearing in the same family without a genetic connection to make it more likely are astronomically low. Clearly the writer didn't put much thought into it.

We can probably agree that he'd be the smartest person with that capacity in the world though? It's more likely he'd just be an amazingly good businessman who gets others to make stuff for him.

I have a feeling/hope Kieron Gillen was not the person who came up with the idea and was more the victim of Marvel editorial.

Archived