Footyball XXXV: Stevie's Honour Guard

DJDonegal

tomorrow the full season schedule gets released and i can see when the frankless nycfc team comes to rfk so that i may yell at them and for dc united.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll have him by the time they roll up to RFK.

I will be fucking devastated if we replace David De Gea with Victor Valdes.

I don't really see that happening with De Gea's form this season and the fact that not even Valdes remembers the last time he's played a match.

It would take a Serbian-league-level manager to do that and Van Gaal is waaaay better than that.

Someone is considering this?

Are they on drugs?

I doubt it's something being designed as a swap right now, but we are about to sign Valdes on an 18-month contract, and I bet that if De Gea does move in the summer, Valdes being there makes the people in charge less willing to splash big cash on Lloris or whoever.

Nah; I was going to post questioning why VV was going to MU but it must just be a rehabilitation thing. He's totally banjaxed.

I do think that he should have picked a club where he has some kind of chance of regular play when he gets back to full fitness. He won't get game time in 18 months at Old Trafford.

Not much, anyway. De Gea is too good.

Although I guess nobody here cares much about Leicester, but what do you think of their new acquisition - Andrej Kramaric. I don't know much of the team, but they don't seem to be the type to prefer attacking football which is what would be best for him.

Also, signing Valdes and potentially playing him instead of De Gea? Are they high?

This is embarrassing from the official MLS account. For goodness sake, lads

ETA: It's so bad that the internet has achieved a solidarity. There are no dissenters I can see in the replies, just open, unified disgust. Just dozens and dozens of posts telling the official account to deactivate itself. Beautiful.

You may also enjoy this: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandsSayingBae

I hope Swansea takes Sanogo, he's probably not really what they need but I want him to stay in the PL.

I thought he was off to Bordeaux... But yeah, remaining in England would be much better for his development. If the Bony/City thing goes through, I guess it might happen (though I can't imagine Swansea fans being happy with the trade).

That's a heck of a step down, Sanogo from Bony... I'd say there's no chance Swansea don't get someone else in, but I have no idea who that would be and I'm fairly sure they already bought Gomis in against the possibility of Bony leaving, so they might decide to wait rather than rush it. In which case a Sanogo loan and a proper look in the summer might actually be the best option for them, though I still have big doubts about Gomis.

Archived