NFL Championship weekend part 2: Seahawks soar, Packers choke

Trebla

And high school, and pee-wees, and pretty much every football league for the last 30 years (that can afford it). This shouldn't be news to anyone.

Pop Warner and High School requires teams to provide 12 marked and approved balls prior to game time? Plus six balls strictly used for kick offs? Yeah, that sounds just like how footballs were handled balls on my high school team....

This thing will turn into a whole lot of nothing because the NFL is too loose about how the footballs are overseen during games. If they end up pushing this they will need to really look at isolating the balls from the teams which they don't do now. Seems like it would be pretty tough to prove a purposeful deflation program was going on.

Pop Warner and High School requires teams to provide 12 marked and approved balls prior to game time? Plus six balls strictly used for kick offs? Yeah, that sounds just like how footballs were handled balls on my high school team....

This thing will turn into a whole lot of nothing because the NFL is too loose about how the footballs are overseen during games. If they end up pushing this they will need to really look at isolating the balls from the teams which they don't do now. Seems like it would be pretty tough to prove a purposeful deflation program was going on.

I'm talking about providing your own balls for the game, which is what was being discussed.

Though, to be fair, Manning tends to choke well before the SB, while Brady has made choking in the SB an artform.

Compare the first SB each of them lost. In literally the exact same end of the game situation. Brady drove the ball down the field and got a go ahead score with like 3 minutes left. Eli just had an incredible drive to follow that which basically ended the game. Manning in the same scenario threw a pick six to kill his teams chances against the Saints.

Compare the first SB each of them lost. In literally the exact same end of the game situation. Brady drove the ball down the field and got a go ahead score with like 3 minutes left. Eli just had an incredible drive to follow that which basically ended the game. Manning in the same scenario threw a pick six to kill his teams chances against the Saints.

Of course, Brady performed way worse earlier in the game which put them in the bad position in the first place. Didn't he get a safety in 2011 to start the game? Good times, good times.

That second game- not the Helmet Catch, the OTHER time Eli murdered the Pats - is a perfect contrast of the two teams' destiny in that game. Brady threw a pass to Welker that hits him right in the hands, Welker can't bring it in, Pats Punt.

Next drive on 3rd and long, Manning throws a long pass that hits Mario Manningham in stride, continuing the drive; Giants score and ultimately win the game.

Just... ugh...

And 2007... that's just not calling some of the most egregious holding I have ever seen.

That pass to Welker was not appropriate considering...well its Welker, not an athletic wide out.

I agree that Brady could have played it better. But in that moment, once Welker made the move, got in the position, had the ball in his hands, he has to bring that baby down. That's the trophy right there.

Of course, Brady performed way worse earlier in the game which put them in the bad position in the first place. Didn't he get a safety in 2011 to start the game? Good times, good times.

And then gave the opposing offense the opportunity to win.

But hey, it takes a special kind of fan to discuss the four SB's their team lost. I should know as a Bronco fan (which now has 5 that I've witnessed).

And to be fair, Brady threw it to the wrong side, didn't he? Welker could've caught it, but it wasn't a great pass.

Yup, wrong shoulder, the pass wasn't thrown to a spot where Welker usually catches it.

I agree that Brady could have played it better. But in that moment, once Welker made the move, got in the position, had the ball in his hands, he has to bring that baby down. That's the trophy right there.

BUt he didn't really get his hands on the ball, oh sure it HIT his hands but it was almost impossible for him to get control of the thing.

Archived