NFL Championship weekend part 2: Seahawks soar, Packers choke

Trebla

Not what I meant, I mean it's nice and all to be the pro football version of an all-star, but you're essentialy chosen to participate in a game that becomes more and more of a joke each year.

I mean contrast his 14 pro bowls with say Merlin Olsen, back when he played the game was an actual competition, now it's a laughing stock.

Yeah, but it's easy to say 'hey, I think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's prob owls are worth more than Andy Dalton's'. But I see where you're coming from.

Joe Barry has been hired as the DC for the Racists. Sorry Jamie and Maithanet.

This fucking team.

ETA: Doug Marrone just signed on as the Jaguars Offensive Line coach. Good god, what a fall from grace.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Yeah, but it's easy to say 'hey, I think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady's prob owls are worth more than Andy Dalton's'. But I see where you're coming from.

7th Pro Bowl Alternate Andy Dalton........ladies.

The Prob Owl is a joke as it stands. It needs to be totally revamped. At this point I'd prefer seeing the 2 HC's who lost the previous season's NFC/AFC Championship play a game of Madden using the Prob Owl rosters. At least this way you'd avoid any chance of a marquee name being injured in this worthless game.

Scrap the game and just have a bunch of skills competitions. I remember watching Pro Bowl stuff years ago. I never gave a shit about the game, but watching QB and WR skills competitions were legitimately interesting. Give us QBs trying to hit a moving bucket 30 yards downfield, WRs in catching competition, RBs running hurdles, linemen lifting weights or doing the Oklahoma drill.

Also, move the game back to Hawaii where it belongs instead of Arizona. Players want a vacation in an island paradise, not in some desert shithole where the local sheriff is going to try and deport Samoan players on suspicion of being Mexican.

I think if Wilson plays a decent game during the SB it's in the bag for the Seahawks...

Come on, you have 5 TO in a game and still come away with a win. Their defense talks too much for me, and i'm a fan of wilson, but that Defense is legit that the packers didn't score 40 in that game.

Why did they switch the game to before the Superb Owl?

Because it seemed kinda stupid to have a sideshow like the Pro Bowl after the main event. I actually agree with that change. All of the leadup events to the Super Bowl are stupid, and the Pro Bowl fits right in.

I think if Wilson plays a decent game during the SB it's in the bag for the Seahawks...

Come on, you have 5 TO in a game and still come away with a win. Their defense talks too much for me, and i'm a fan of wilson, but that Defense is legit that the packers didn't score 40 in that game.

It's okay - Russell Wilson says that the interceptions are God's fault.

Oh, Russell Wilson. I liked you a lot better when you were the stoic robot that said exactly the right platitudes and no more. You turning into a worse version of Tim Tebow does no one any favors.

It is but big assist to Mike McCarthy, gimpy Aaron Rodgers and a gameplan that doesn't target Richard Sherman even when he has a dislocated arm dangling by his side.

Oh, Russell Wilson. I liked you a lot better when you were the stoic robot that said exactly the right platitudes and no more. You turning into a worse version of Tim Tebow does no one any favors.

As they say, whenever God closes down a WR, he opens a Mike McCarthy.

Wait a minute, did he actually say that?

ETA: Bucky Brooks has the Colts taking Doral Green-Beckham in his first mock draft.

What an assclown. This roster has more holes in it than Camp Green Lake, but WR is actually the area where we don't need a talent infusion.

I really lost respect for Bettis today when he argued for about ten minutes that the Pats are "known felons". He sounds salty and biased.

*DISCLAIMER* It was on First Take, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's just like the story of Job. If like God had only returned Job's herds and property, cured him of his afflitions, and provided him with a lifetime supply of activator.

Don't worry, HowdyPhillip. The Cowboys wouldn't even have been playing the Packers if the league hadn't screwed up multiple calls against Detroit in the prior game. It all balances out. This was just a makeup call for picking up that PI in the prior game.

I continue to think that beyond being the correct call technically, that it really didn't look like a catch. Yeah he took a couple steps, but they were in the process of falling to the ground, not in control of the ball, and as soon as he hit the ground the ball jarred itself free. It never looked to me like "the process of the catch" was complete.

It is but big assist to Mike McCarthy, gimpy Aaron Rodgers and a gameplan that doesn't target Richard Sherman even when he has a dislocated arm dangling by his side.

As they say, whenever God closes down a WR, he opens a Mike McCarthy.

Couldn't agree more. McCarthy gave away that game. Completely inept, again. He's the old dog that can't learn new tricks.

I understand sherman is good, but c'mon, don't be sooo afraid to glance in his direction that you don't even notice he's hurt. Attack that P.O.S.

Scrap the game and just have a bunch of skills competitions. I remember watching Pro Bowl stuff years ago. I never gave a shit about the game, but watching QB and WR skills competitions were legitimately interesting. Give us QBs trying to hit a moving bucket 30 yards downfield, WRs in catching competition, RBs running hurdles, linemen lifting weights or doing the Oklahoma drill.

Also, move the game back to Hawaii where it belongs instead of Arizona. Players want a vacation in an island paradise, not in some desert shithole where the local sheriff is going to try and deport Samoan players on suspicion of being Mexican.

I used to say they should get together and have a kick ball game. I'd actually watch that, and we could see the players faced.

The state of coaching in the NFL is abysmal, and just got worse since the 49ers ran out one of the 4 best coaches in the league and replaced him with Carl from Aqua Teen.

Until Harbaugh was run out of town, 3 of the 5 best coaches in the league were recently pilfered from the college ranks. And there's probably 10 guys in college right now I'd take over 2/3s of the leagues coaches.

The state of coaching in the NFL is abysmal, and just got worse since the 49ers ran out one of the 5 best coaches in the league and replaced him with Carl from Aqua Teen.

That wound is too fresh to discuss openly :(

I used to say they should get together and have a kick ball game. I'd actually watch that, and we could see the players faced.

They could play a different (non-contact) game every year. It would be cool to showcase their athleticism doing something unfamiliar. Competitive ultimate frisbee or kayaking or kickball or capture the flag. I would watch any of those once.

Archived