Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

I have one more: mellisandre's ruby: no other red priest has rubies, but mance gets a ruby in order to look like Ratttleshirt. So, is Mel wearing hers for the same reason, to look diferent? And if so, how does she look like? -i imagine a very old and ugly woman, full of scars, an no teeth.

A lot of people - if not most - are indeed convinced that Melisandre is both wearing a glamour, and is A LOT older than she appears.

I suggest you read yolkboy's S+B=M theory (http://tearsofblood.org), which is a wonderfully written and founded theory about Mel's true identity. It sure has me completely sold. :)

:-)) :-))

Thanks!

This happened to me before, I was very happy for having a guess about who Jon's parents are, completely unaware of anything happening on the internet, until I googled once, and puf! There was R+L=J everywhere

A lot of people - if not most - are indeed convinced that Melisandre is both wearing a glamour, and is A LOT older than she appears.

I suggest you read yolkboy's S+B=M theory (http://tearsofblood.org), which is a wonderfully written and founded theory about Mel's true identity. It sure has me completely sold. :)

Huh, I didn't knew about that. Thanks for linking it. Oh god the nightmare fuel if Mel shows her true self in front of Stannis. That poor man.

In AFFC in the first Arianne chapter,Arianne is talking to Darkstar about her plan to crown Myrcella.

Darkstar:...The lion is not so easily provoked.

Arianne: The lion is dead.Who knows which cub the lioness prefers?

A few pages later Ser Arys and Myrcella arrive.Then Arys tells Arianne that Tywin is dead and she's shocked!

If she didn't know Tywin was dead,who was she talking about when she said "the lion is dead"?Robert?

In AFFC in the first Arianne chapter,Arianne is talking to Darkstar about her plan to crown Myrcella.

Darkstar:...The lion is not so easily provoked.

Arianne: The lion is dead.Who knows which cub the lioness prefers?

A few pages later Ser Arys and Myrcella arrive.Then Arys tells Arianne that Tywin is dead and she's shocked!

If she didn't know Tywin was dead,who was she talking about when she said "the lion is dead"?Robert?

I suspect she knew or assumed Oberyn would poison Tywin. Good catch!

Yeah Robert would never be called "The Lion." It doesn't really seem like she is feigning shock at Tywin's death either. So either it's a mistake, or "The Lion" was king Joffrey.

Interestingly she also thinks Cersei will be sitting on the Iron Throne, which we know from Cersei's POV is not allowed of a regent who is not also Hand.

Gerold begins the lion allusion to House Lannister, suggesting that the power of Casterly Rock and its vassals will not be overly impressed by Arianne's act, described as a hollow gesture. Arianne played along with the allusion, but her response limits the allusion to Joffrey, the king whom she knows to be dead. She then asks which cub the lioness, clearly an allusion to Cersei, will prefer, which is an echo of her hope that Cersei would support the rights of Myrcella to establish a favroable precedent as to her potential claim for Casterly Rock. Gerold responds withe the "one" in her own den. At that point the oly one in her den was Tommen.

Nothing really ground breaking here. But in AGOT, after the Battle of the Green Fork Tyrion asks his father to fetch a Maester "Unless you relish the notion of having a one armed dwarf for a son..."

A Tom Waits reference?

The captain is a one-armed dwarf

He's throwing dice along the wharf

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

So take this ring

Just rereading AGOT and I found this in Ned's fever dream about the TOJ:

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. "Eddard!" she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.

Just thought that last sentence was interesting...

Just rereading AGOT and I found this in Ned's fever dream about the TOJ:

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. "Eddard!" she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.

Just thought that last sentence was interesting...

Jon is often connected to blue roses, so if the rose petals represent Jon, the blood-streaked sky would represent the battlefield of the fight against the Others (blue as the eyes of death).

Archived