Avengers 2: Now with even more characters

The BlackBear

The last thread got locked back in November, so as not to clog up the MCU general thread.

Teaser Trailer

*Extended Trailer (with Thor's Hammer clip)

Second Trailer

*it's not actually much longer.

Anyone see this accidental spoiler for the outlook on one of the characters post avengers ?

They say it's because it's vision, but it could equally be the red-rimmed eyed, grey skinned, 'savage' hulk.

Well... there is one Avengers character missing from that ad. Now, I'm not saying Marvel would kill off that particular golden goose - it could just be that their merchandising is notoriously bad in this area. But... it would certainly be a spoiler. ;)

Well... there is one Avengers character missing from that ad. Now, I'm not saying Marvel would kill off that particular golden goose - it could just be that their merchandising is notoriously bad in this area. But... it would certainly be a spoiler. ;)

I was just reading an article yesterday about how Marvel are terrible at merchandising their female characters. Apparently they almost never include Black Widow in these sorts of things. I am a little worried she will kick the bucket though

Since they seem to be delving into her backstory in an already busy movie. Also since she and Banner seem to have a thing, her death is the sort of thing that would turn the Hulk grey...

Despite being introduced in Iron Man 2, it would take until The Avengers for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to get an action figure: even then, she was shortpacked in the third wave of figures that came out months after the movie hit, with the prime first wave spots going to Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and The Hulk. It took until The Winter Soldier last year for Widow to show up in both Hasbro's Marvel Legends Infinite 6-inch line and Funko's wildly popular range of Marvel Pop Vinyls for the first time, a whopping four years after the character first appeared

http://io9.com/marvel-has-a-serious-problem-merchandising-its-female-c-1682014327

edit: I just now realized you already linked that exact article. I need to learn to read better.

Is that official? Because damn that looks bad. Especially Downey and Evans in front of the Hulk. On which note poor Ruffalo, not being on the posters.

It does look horrible I thought it was photoshopped. I preferred the one where they were all entangled fighting the robots.

It is indeed official, as it was used for the most recent issue of Empire Magazine. I realize it may be easier to Photoshop a patchwork cover of something, but I really wish Marvel would just take a cast picture. Surely these actors are professional enough to sync up a decent picture, where all of them look good at the same time.

It does look horrible I thought it was photoshopped. I preferred the one where they were all entangled fighting the robots.

I agree, those heads look stuck on. Would it have been that hard to get the cast to pose for a poster?

What does Quicksilver being missing from that ad have to do with Marvel being terrible at marketing its female characters? [/MarvelMarketing]

At least neither Black Widow or Scarlet Witch are overtly sexualized or dependent on a male character (like pressed against them). That's a plus.

Actually, I was about to comment that this time, Hawkeye got the ass pose.

EDIT: But yeah, there's no way I can see how that would've gotten past Marvel's QA. This is on the level of that Wolverine/ninja poster. Really?

Fairly vague plot details. With a bit of an explanation for why the 'twins' are anti-avengers.

I love how that article is just a series of quotes from the original article.

"We meet Ultron, and he's someone who preaches peace and… believes what we believe, which is that the Avengers create destruction and that Tony Stark's bomb is responsible for killing our parents."

Tony Stark killed Magneto! :( Also they don't mind that Tony Stark built Ultron? "Your bomb killed our parents, so now we're gonna team up with your killer robot and see how that goes."

I love how that article is just a series of quotes from the original article.

Tony Stark killed Magneto! :( Also they don't mind that Tony Stark built Ultron? "Your bomb killed our parents, so now we're gonna team up with your killer robot and see how that goes."

I don't necessarily think they'll care about where Ultron came from, as long as Ultron has the same goals. This movie will be all about the Avengers reaping what they sowed. Whether directly (Ultron) or indirectly (The Twins), they created their villainous opposition in this movie.

Marvel dropped a random prequel comic on everyone today, which focused on what happened to the sceptre between Avengers and Winter Soldier. Had some spoilerish stuff on Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

It didn't refer to them as Inhumans, though it did specify that their powers were "unlocked" by the sceptre...and that they volunteered for the procedure. Their powers were described -- Quicksilver: "Increased metabolism. Improved thermal homeostasis." Scarlet Witch: "Neuro-electric sensitivity. Micro-cellular manipulation."

With regards to Bruce / Natasha having a thing, how does this sit with Betty Ross, is she still canon?

I wondered the same thing after watching the Hulk movie. I'd imagine she's still canon, especially since they're supposedly bringing her father back in Civil War. You could rationalize it by saying that Bruce doesn't want to endanger her by dragging her into his crazy superhero life, while Black Widow is already involved.

Besides, it's not really cheating if you can't have sex without turning into a huge green monster.

Archived