Brian Williams and dirty lying liars who lie!

zelticgar

I happened to watch both news segments live. I was shocked and relieved that he had survived a helicopter attack and how thankful he was to his pilot. How did I not know this? Wow! Then I saw his apology. My jaw dropped. How could he possibly have forgotten that he was in a group of four helicopters, his being a "following" one, who landed because one, not his, was hit. How could he have stated that his helicopter was hit and crash landed? That is a huge event. I just don't get it. I was impressed with how well he read his "apology." He's a heck of a performer.

The story is on the front page of the Huffington Post. Brokaw denies he asked for Williams resignation but he also did not offer much in the way of support. Obviously Fox is all over this so i dont really count them but CNN and Huff are on this. The wagons could be circling on this one.

The more i look at this the harder it will be to keep him around. Although they dont seem to have any problem keeping Sharpton on the payroll so i could be wrong.

the point is that ethics and credibility aren't relevant. we all know that he is the equivalent to an actor who is placed into office to parrot someone else's platitudes. television 'journalism' is all james franco in the interview.

Sure. But even someone who is just a parrot is expected to not just make shit up off the cuff. Which is what he did here.

Isn't this exactly the kind of thing that the left is always calling fox news out for?

What's the difference?

This wouldn't be a non story if it were someone from Fox.

Really? I feel like people would have ranted about it for a couple of days and nothing would have happened, and it would have faded from the public consciousness.

Anyway... thirty posts deep and nobody has corrected the OP's spelling. It's "lying lairs that lie" thx.

Really? I feel like people would have ranted about it for a couple of days and nothing would have happened, and it would have faded from the public consciousness.

Anyway... thirty posts deep and nobody has corrected the OP's spelling. It's "lying lairs that lie" thx.

It would only go away because people already assumes Fox lies about everything anyway.

Sure. But even someone who is just a parrot is expected to not just make shit up off the cuff. Which is what he did here.

Isn't this exactly the kind of thing that the left is always calling fox news out for?

What's the difference?

dunno, man. they all just kinda made up stuff about Iraqi WMD; the war chorus was basically unanimous.

Actually I spelled it correctly. If I was talking about Batman then i would have written dirty lying liars that lie in their lairs. A liar can lie but a lair cannot lie because it is an inanimate object.

Another way to look at it is if Brian Williams was Batman. Brian Williams could lie while he is in his Lair but his lair could not lie. A lair is basically a silent symbol of badass-ness that is incapable of lying. If you cant picture Brian Williams as Batman you could picture him as a snake, groundhog, or any other animal that likes to burrow and hide in an enclosed area. The enclosed area is known as a lair. Trust me on this one I'm not a liar.

What's the difference?

That nothing about this story actually matters?

Like, if all Fox News was lying about was random anecdotes from the interchangeable drooling rubes attached to the blond newscaster hair, people wouldn't really care much beyond laughing at their sheer stupidity. You know, basically the way people treat CNN.

Like, ultimately Brian Williams was apparently not almost shot down in a helicopter. Who cares? The anecdote didn't matter in the first place so why would anyone get worked up about it apparently being a tall tale?

Stolen Valor is the most disgraceful sort of lie. A man with any dignity would resign.

But Williams is a member of The Tribe, and he's too big to fail. So they will circle the wagons around him.

Will be interesting to see what happens to his ratings.

He did it because of the natural inadequacy one would feel if they were just a haircut reading from a prompter, masquerading as a journalist. He had to inflate his own sense of worth.

I suppose he could still read from a prompter, but he no longer has the credibility to do any reporting.

Actually I spelled it correctly. If I was talking about Batman then i would have written dirty lying liars that lie in their lairs. A liar can lie but a lair cannot lie because it is an inanimate object.

Another way to look at it is if Brian Williams was Batman. Brian Williams could lie while he is in his Lair but his lair could not lie. A lair is basically a silent symbol of badass-ness that is incapable of lying. If you cant picture Brian Williams as Batman you could picture him as a snake, groundhog, or any other animal that likes to burrow and hide in an enclosed area. The enclosed area is known as a lair. Trust me on this one I'm not a liar.

I think he was referring to a certain... 'Board Legend'....

But Williams is a member of The Tribe, and he's too big to fail. So they will circle the wagons around him.

Not so sure about that. We'll see what happens in a few months.

My general impression of the situation is that's been built up more than it should be into some sort of weird "our team" talking point, but dude should still be fired.

Lol at this.

Archived