Reptiles are the best thing in the world

giant snake

ha. not at all feline. my rainbow boa was cute, but he didn't obviously recognize or care about me, was not really too handlable, mostly just laid there, and had all the personality one'd expect from an ectothermic rhypophagous paradise-wrecker.

Damn thats AWESOME!! howd you handle or take care of that?

Turtles are neat and bring me joy. Lizards OK, but I could take them or leave them.

I'm a little bit fascinated by snakes, but in the way that someone might be fascinated by any other terrible and grotesque thing. Creepy legless motherfuckers. I do not want to be anywhere near them, even if it is a harmless pet. They are a gross, slithery tube of muscle that bites and may or may not be venemous and they can all go to hell.

I support this thread.

I have a blue-tongued skink named Vhagar and a ball python named Bob. They are the coolest. We got a cat fairly recently though and he very much enjoys laying on top of the snakes tank and scaring the piss out of him. This is especially problematic because he apparently managed to crack the lid open just slightly (a small enough opening that I didn't notice it when I took him down) and that was enough for Bob to escape. Luckily I came out of my room to get some water and found him in the sink looking guilty as sin.

We had a beardy too but unfortunately he died :(

The reptiles stay in their tanks so there's no real risk of that (we've added a locking thing to the snake's tank so the cat can't slide the top off if he jumps up there again, which we're trying to train him not to do).

Plus ball pythons are quite small, I'd be much more worried about him than the cat if the two of them ever went at it. The cat is also kept out of the area where the tanks are if no one is home to keep an eye on him.

My parents have a bearded dragon, a gecko, and about a dozen snakes, mostly ball pythons but a few bloods and a couple othet varieties that I can't recall the names of. They're all pretty cool animals actually and very docile. I still prefer dogs and cats overall but I could see myself getting a scaly pet in the future. Maybe.

I used to own an iguana when I was a youngster. Meanest fucking animal I've ever had. You had to wear thick gloves to handle him otherwise he'd clamp onto your finger and not let go. And he could bite pretty hard for such a small creature. He also liked to whip us with his tail.

I head it tastes like chicken?

It's really dependent on how it's prepared. If it's done right, it's like a slightly more tender, sweeter, chicken. But it's a wee bit rubbery.

Go to Louisiana - those people can cook some alligator and make it taste amazing.

Yeah, no. I'm so sorry, but I can't get behind this thread. If a dog comes up in my yard and is hanging around, we're going to be friends, most likely. If a snake shows up, it's probably going to get its head chopped off with a hoe.

I let the non poisonous snakes live, but only grudgingly.

Observation: By that logic, I'm entitled to kill the meatbag who delivers written statements on pieces of paper because I don't like the color of the garments hes wearing.

Statement: Brazilian Rainbow Boas are awesome!

Observation: By that logic, I'm entitled to kill the meatbag who delivers written statements on pieces of paper because I don't like the color of the garments hes wearing.

Statement: Brazilian Rainbow Boas are awesome!

Actually, no, unless he's a snake and not a human being. It's illegal to kill meatbags, even those who have no personality and wear ugly garments.

Couldnt they kill your cat???

I grew up in an area with a lot of poisonous snakes and rats. Having cats almost eliminated this problem for me!

If I had a pet cat, I would be very careful to train it not to kill my reptiles. Most pet snakes are incapable of harming anything larger than a rat, and even then they don't try to eat things that they know are too big. Maybe if they are desperate they would eat each other, but that's why you keep them apart, especially if you have a snake that is known to eat other snakes.

I don't keep rattlesnakes. I know a lot of people who do, one of who even takes it out and handles it (after he milks it). I prefer the kind you can handle that don't have venom. The Eastern Indigo Snake is pretty and docile with humans, but it is super dangerous to other snakes. You don't want to keep them together anyway, but that is especially true for indigo snakes.

Archived